Current Hulk is fast

• 121 results
#1 Edited by green_skaar (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Like many other myths ("base Hulk" or only anger = Hulk's strength) I see this one quite frequently. Since we have a lot of "Johnny come lately" folks when it comes to feats (i.e. no feats from decades ago, despite no Marvel reboots) I'm going to include feats ONLY from the last year.

Indestructible Hulk #1

Hulk moving at blur speed.

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #2

Hulk moving at blur speed, again.

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #6

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #7

Hulk moving at blue speed with Mjolnir (which has insane speed feats)!

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #8

No Caption Provided

Hulk moving at blur speed, again (through a waterfall of absolute zero material).

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #9

S.H.E.I.L.D. acknowledges that Hulk is the safest and FASTEST way to destroy a ship.

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #11

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #12

Here we have Hulk speed blitzing three deputies (speedsters, see next scans).

No Caption Provided

NOTE: these aren't regular deputies, they were moving so fast that normal humans couldn't see them while moving, and despite using revolvers, it seemed like they were firing gatling guns!

No Caption Provided

Banner also notes these deputies are moving at SUPER-SPEED.

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #13

Banner noting how FAST Hulk is when angry.

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #14

No Caption Provided

Banner noting Hulk able to run at eye blurring speed.

No Caption Provided

Infinity #6

Here we have Proxima Midnight acknowledging Hulk's speed, who incidentally has a speed of light weapon and just fought a speed of light opponent (Spectrum).

No Caption Provided

Secret Avengers #4

No Caption Provided

In conclusion it's clear Hulk is consistently fast now.

#2 Posted by Thitiki (4504 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Impressive so he is fast now? Though him keeping up with Thor's hammer seems kinda meh.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#3 Edited by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

You realize you can leave a blur by waving your hand in front of your face really fast?

All of those scans are pretty much non-quantifiable except the Mjolnir one - which is pretty good though (though seems like a 1-time high end)

You proved your point, but "Blur" doesn't mean anything either. I don't read hulk so I can't offer any assistance, but some calculations of the speed would be better imo.

#4 Edited by green_skaar (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki said:

@green_skaar: Impressive so he is fast now? Though him keeping up with Thor's hammer seems kinda meh.

Considering Mjolnir is what enables Thor to span distances at FTL speeds, yes it's impressive. People may dispute Thor's speed, but Mjolnir's speed is not disputed. NOTE: I'm not suggesting Hulk is moving FTL, but keeping up with Mjolnir for whatever distance is impressive.

#5 Posted by the_stegman (40353 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of these scans don't really prove anything. How fast is "blur speeds"?? Cause to me, it means faster than normal humans can see, Spider-Man moves at blur speeds, Batman has been known to move faster than ordinary people could react. Sure the Hulk is fast, but if this is an attempt to say he can stand up to the likes of people who actually have /real/ super speed, i.e, Superman, I don't think it'll cut it.

#6 Posted by green_skaar (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

You realize you can leave a blur by waving your hand in front of your face really fast?

All of those scans are pretty much non-quantifiable except the Mjolnir one - which is pretty good though (though seems like a 1-time high end)

You proved your point, but "Blur" doesn't mean anything either. I don't read hulk so I can't offer any assistance, but some calculations of the speed would be better imo.

Yes quantifiable are ideal but considering how rare they are we have to deal with what we got, which is consistent displays of speed through artistry and character comments.

#7 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: All I'm saying is, unless we can give it a number it doesn't mean much

Ok he's consistently fast.

How fast? Because "super speed" varies so much in comics.

And like I said, if you wave your hand in front of your face fast enough, you will leave blurs / after images.

#8 Posted by green_skaar (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of these scans don't really prove anything. How fast is "blur speeds"?? Cause to me, it means faster than normal humans can see, Spider-Man moves at blur speeds, Batman has been known to move faster than ordinary people could react. Sure the Hulk is fast, but if this is an attempt to say he can stand up to the likes of people who actually have /real/ super speed, i.e, Superman, I don't think it'll cut it.

Didn't take long for the nay-sayers to come out! Here is a challenge, show me where Spider-Man or Bataman has DEMONSTRATED this amount of speed, consistently recently.

#9 Posted by Thitiki (4504 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki said:

Considering Mjolnir is what enables Thor to span distances at FTL speeds, yes it's impressive. People may dispute Thor's speed, but Mjolnir's speed is not disputed. NOTE: I'm not suggesting Hulk is moving FTL, but keeping up with Mjolnir for whatever distance is impressive.

Ahh okay gotcha.

#10 Edited by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry Skaar, just like some people won't accept the idea that my boy Wolverine is arguably the most skilled fighter in the Marvel Universe despite feats and training that back it up, I doubt people will ever come around to the idea that Hulk is fast :D

#11 Posted by green_skaar (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry Skaar, just like some people won't accept the idea that my boy Wolverine is arguably the most skilled fighter in the Marvel Universe, I doubt people will ever come around to the idea that Hulk is fast :D

Yeah I've noticed. It's pandemic on CV, that people come in with a belief and no matter how much panel evidence there is to the contrary they will not change their position. Oh well!

#12 Edited by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Sorry Skaar, just like some people won't accept the idea that my boy Wolverine is arguably the most skilled fighter in the Marvel Universe despite feats and training that back it up, I doubt people will ever come around to the idea that Hulk is fast :D

I accept he's fast. I want to know

"How fast?"

Speed is too varying and "fast" is too vague to mean anything. I hold the same standards for him as I do everyone else.

#13 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I accept he's fast. I want to know

"How fast?"

Speed is too varying and "fast" is too vague to mean anything. I hold use the same standards for him as I do everyone else.

I agree. I was just playing around :D

#14 Posted by the_stegman (40353 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: I'm much too lazy and tired to scower the interwebs for scans. My point is that "blur" speeds have absolutely no meaning without numbers actually backing up how fast he's moving, heck, even give me a distance covered and that will be something. All we see is him moving at speeds that are faster than humans, or the artist's way of showing rapid motion. As for the Mjolnir scan, do we know how fast the hammer is /actually/ travelling? Yes, it can go FTL, but was it going that fast in that instance? As I said, Hulk is fast, I'm not nay saying, but if this is an attempt to say that he is on par with speedsters where time literally stops around them, then I don't really buy it.

No Caption Provided

#15 Edited by Crypto_Jones (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, when did you see a car go so fast it was blurry? You guys need to stop it with the hand-movement comparison. Your hand seems blurry because it's close to your face, and the relative speed and distance of the movement. You are just bashing the Hulk because... well because he's the Hulk. For something as massive as the Hulk to appear blurry at a reasonnable distance, he has to be moving pretty fast.

Before this, Hulk was considered as being excessively strong but slow enough to be unable to catch someone like Captain America. According to these scans, I am ready to make the statement that this is no longer a viable proposition. Cap does not run or jump that fast.

#16 Posted by GhostRavage (14945 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, when did you see a car go so fast it was blurry? You guys need to stop it with the hand-movement comparison. Your hand seems blurry because it's close to your face, and the relative speed and distance of the movement.

This is VERY True!

Hulk is WAY, WAAAY faster than any street leveler. Deal with it.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
#17 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares. Is the story good? Thats what should be important.

#18 Edited by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar@ghostravage

The problem with these scans is that they fail to differentiate Travel Speed with Combat Speed. In almost all of those scans he was charging (bull-rushing) at those speeds, not fighting and moving individual limbs at such speeds, and perhaps, not thinking at an elevated level. I have no problem accepting that when it comes to travel speed, Hulk is supersonic plus (considering he's leapt in lower orbit before), but in terms of Combat Speed, he's no more impressive than any street-leveler. For example, Indestructible Hulk has had Daredevil dance around him before, and needed a help from the rest of the rest of the Avengers before he could tag Superior Spider-Man.

If we look at this more closely, Daredevil was unable to keep up with Cap in a foot race, who is not much beyond 70 mph at best. Spider-Man's highest top end traveling feat is using parkour to cover 2 miles in 5 seconds, and outpacing tracking bullets for a short while (so between Mach 1 and 2)- and I consider these feats quite high end. In pure speed, of course the Hulk is faster, and calculations (as much as they can be hazardous to use when discussing the feats of Comicbook characters) confirm this, but when it comes to Combat speed, which is enhanced by Skill, Finesse Training, Reflexes and Pre-Cog (Radar Sense and Spider-Sense) and all things Daredevil and Peter/SpOck have in much higher levels than Savage Hulk, it enables them to evade someone like the Hulk. The same can be said for alot of Other Street-Levelers like Iron Fist, Cap, BP, Kraven, Taskmaster etc, when it comes to comparing them to the Hulk, and it also enables them to do other stuff like Bullet-Timing (although aim dodging and mook aiming has a factor in that as well).

Basically Travel Speed Hulk>>Street Leveler

Combat Speed Hulk<= Street-Leveler

I think @god_spawn explains this better in another thread, so if he's not too busy, I'm sure he can elaborate :)

#19 Posted by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also interested to see what @theacidskull thinks of this............

#20 Edited by green_skaar (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux did you even bother looking at any of those feats and their context? Every blur speed was in combat or grabbing someone (reacting). He also blitzed three folks that have super speed themselves effortlessly. I hope you use this same level of scepticism and hyper analysis to all characters including DC folks, since I RARELY see such scrutiny to other's feats except Hulk and Thor.

#21 Edited by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux did you even bother looking at any of those feats and their context? Every blur speed was in combat, grabbing someone (reacting). He also blitzed three folks that have super speed themselves effortlessly. I hope you use this same level of scepticism and hyper analysis to all characters including DC folks, since I RARELY see such scrutiny to other's feats except Hulk and Thor.

Okay I'll play ball

1st Scan- Charges

2nd Scan- Charges

3rd Scan- Charges

4th etc.

5th etc.

He grabbed someone? I didn't see him grab anybody. Charging someone at a speed is different from "fighting" at said speed. Comics put a clear distinction between combat speed ( how fast you throw punches, dodging, parrying, thinking etc), and travel speed. Hulk is basically using his travel speed to act like a battering ram in almost all the scans you post, he's not doing Flash, who is able to throw a 1000 IMP's in the time it takes to blink, or even a Spider-Man, who has "Speed Blitzed" at machine gun fire. Heck, he's not even doing a Black Panther "throwing three punches in the time it takes to throw one". Its a very clear distinction, and the reason why characters like Thor can move FTL (with his hammer), but get Blitzed by people like Moongoose and Spider-Man.

And to say that DC characters don't get "hyper-analysed" in the way I say is somewhat faulty. For example I hold that Pre-52 Diana has better combat speed than Supes even though he's faster, because she is far more skilled, and Batman, who is one of the most skilled Combatants on DC earth, has said that Diana has better combat speed, using the analogy I just stated to you.

#22 Posted by green_skaar (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@green_skaar said:

@laflux did you even bother looking at any of those feats and their context? Every blur speed was in combat, grabbing someone (reacting). He also blitzed three folks that have super speed themselves effortlessly. I hope you use this same level of scepticism and hyper analysis to all characters including DC folks, since I RARELY see such scrutiny to other's feats except Hulk and Thor.

Okay I'll play ball

1st Scan- Charges

2nd Scan- Charges

3rd Scan- Charges

4th etc.

5th etc.

He grabbed someone? I didn't see him grab anybody. Charging someone at a speed is different from "fighting" at said speed. Comics put a clear distinction between combat speed ( how fast you throw punches, dodging, parrying, thinking etc), and travel speed. Hulk is basically using his travel speed to act like a battering ram in almost all the scans you post, he's not doing Flash, who is able to throw a 1000 IMP's in the time it takes to blink, or even a Spider-Man, who has "Speed Blitzed" at machine gun fire. Heck, he's not even doing a Black Panther "throwing three punches in the time it takes to throw one". Its a very clear distinction, and the reason why characters like Thor can move FTL (with his hammer), but get Blitzed by people like Moongoose and Spider-Man.

And to say that DC characters don't get "hyper-analysed" in the way I say is somewhat faulty. For example I hold that Pre-52 Diana has better combat speed than Supes even though he's faster, because she is far more skilled, and Batman, who is one of the most skilled Combatants on DC earth, has said that Diana has better combat speed, using the analogy I just stated to you.

You just proved you're speaking out of your you know what. #2 he's grabbing Tony Stark out of the way of an explosion. #8 he's grabbing Thor. I'll discuss this with people that read the comics and familiar with the context, which isn't you.

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

Well leg strength alone should make him far faster than a normal human but I don't think he should be considered Quicksilver fast.

#24 Posted by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Honestly, I was just providing my opinion. There is no need for the insults. And before I leave, what does the Hulk do before he does these things. Charge. You honestly can't tell me that Charging while holding your hands out, and catching someone is the same as throwing a multiple punches at the said speed you charging at, in exactly the same position?

More than happy to agree to disagree with you :) .

#25 Posted by green_skaar (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@green_skaar: Honestly, I was just providing my opinion. There is no need for the insults. And before I leave, what does the Hulk do before he does these things. Charge. You honestly can't tell me that Charging while holding your hands out, and catching someone is the same as throwing a multiple punches at the said speed you charging at, in exactly the same position?

More than happy to agree to disagree with you :) .

For the record, when he blitzes the other speedsters he does it flat footed, no charging. That's all I have to say about that.

#26 Edited by God_Spawn (43339 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: But you know who is that fast?

THE GORGON IS THAT FAST!!

#27 Edited by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by UberHulk (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: As Hulk is working for SHIELD there's a greater need for him to use stealth, to go into a combat arena and eliminate enemies as quickly as possible without causing too much collateral damage. I think Hulk's recent speed feats are a deliberate attempt by writers to fit Hulk into that scenario and address some common misconceptions based on poor showings against Spider-Man and Wolverine in the distant past. The last time Hulk fought Wolverine he put his claws through his skull and pinned him to the ground so we will not see that battle again, there's no point and there's no point in him fighting Spider-Man again either.

#29 Edited by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk run a 2.2 40 yard dash! Hulk be making these sprinters look slow! Hulk is the FASTEST THERE IS!

#30 Edited by lifeofvibe (3785 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

whoa the hulk is fast! but slow your role when I say this...this does not him on par with the flash or at least wally west

#31 Posted by deaditegonzo (4168 posts) - - Show Bio

Much slower than a "speedster", much faster than a "peak" or "enhanced" human. Ive always held that opinion anyway. I would say, even someone like Spidey is much faster, but could he keep up, and even outpace, the likes of Cap? Probably.

#32 Edited by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't want to/don't have to.

#34 Posted by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

HUlk recently shattered a time barrier and resisted the weight of a star...sooooo :P

This is where @pyrogram comes in and says Thor could Time Travel and has resisted the gravitational attraction of a Neutron Star >:p

But as for the thread at hand, aren't those strength/ durability feats?

#36 Edited by RaynorJ (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does the thread that is just out there to prove that Hulk is fast is so hated? What the hell is up with you people? The creator just wants to show off Hulks speed and you all instantly compare him to guys like Superman and Flash who are FTL. Really? Immediately going up to the top dogs. What's next you compare a flashlight to the Sun? And OMG the argument you can make your hand look blurry in front of your face.... can it leave a blur 100m away from your face? Some people.

Anyway great thread man, Hulk is indeed fast how fast is he we don't really know yet. It's definitely Waids intention to show of Hulk as being fast correct me if i am wrong @theacidskull but Waid said in one of his interviews(i think it was back around when issue 2 was released) that he wants to show off how fast Hulk is and that does not matter if you are 5 feet or 500 feet away from he will get to you.

#37 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

HUlk recently shattered a time barrier and resisted the weight of a star...sooooo :P

So much bullsh!it....Comic writers don't even know jack when they do feats like that -__-

#40 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by MakkyD (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: Tbh, there's no point comparing it to DC. DC have turned most of their powerhouses into living p****ing contests.

For every Morrison and Azz trying to buck the trend, there's always a Lobdell who undoes it all. (Basically I'm not a DC hater, I just like it when it does it right.)

#43 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Because it's straight up dumb. You can resist's the sun and get injured by Thor smashing you with a hammer, look at this logic.

The sun makes up 99.8% of the mass in our solar system. So basically, a character can resist the mass of our entire solar system. Stupid.

#45 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: There's realism and comics. And then, we have stupid ass feats which ruin things for me. I don't mind strong characters, but as I enjoy a kind of realism, sometimes it gets annoying.

#47 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yeah. When was the last comic I read again, you remember right? :P

#49 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I kinda quit comics >.> So......Yeah. Even Thor semi-bores em now lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.