Could Hulk die from old age or heart attack

#1 Posted by ruler (664 posts) - - Show Bio

curious

#2 Edited by JJ62 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. Didn't Maestro say that The Hulk's body can never truly die. That's not to say Hulk can't be defeated and/or killed. But I think he meant by natural death.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
#3 Posted by Verotikryptonite (390 posts) - - Show Bio

No. The Hulk is immortal for the most part. It would have to be an event that wiped out the entire universe to kill him off. Something like the event that gave birth to Galactus. I don't think the Hulk could survive an event of that magnitude.

#4 Edited by Killemall (19019 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a whole Hulk: The End, a not main stream (non-canon) story that talks about old Hulk and apparently he is immortal and cant die of Old Age, which came out in 2002.

Its not to say Hulk is completely unkillable though, because there is yet another alternate reality What If: General Ross Had Become The Hulk, which came out in 2005, where Hulk is actually killed by Bruce Banner.

Its just that he cant die of conventional means or old age, although he does get old. Weird really.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
#6 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (874 posts) - - Show Bio

I reay highly doubt it ! He's basically functionally immortal !

#7 Posted by flashback0180 (4498 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#8 Posted by Thedailybagel (12944 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I don't see how hulk could get heart attacks (savage hulk anyway, or the green scar) and his healing factor means he can't die of old age, though bruce banner can.

#9 Posted by flashback0180 (4498 posts) - - Show Bio

Super bump lol.

We have maestro hulk who is just 100 years older than hulk and he says old as gramps.

Gary hair and balding are signs of permanent cell damage. So obviously he won't live forever.

#10 Posted by bonifidehustla (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Super bump lol.

We have maestro hulk who is just 100 years older than hulk and he says old as gramps.

Gary hair and balding are signs of permanent cell damage. So obviously he won't live forever.

IIRC Maestro is Hulk in his prime or i believed he said that I cant remember that well. Pretty sure greenscar would know.

#11 Edited by flashback0180 (4498 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla: WB hulk could one shot him. IIRC maestro is just 2 times stronger than incredible hulk.

#12 Posted by bonifidehustla (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashback0180:

Maestro can also absorb nuclear. I like WB Hulk but look at Maestro trophy room. LOL

#13 Posted by Skyknight1987 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: In Hulk: The End, it is implied that even though the Hulk does not age, Bruce Banner does, although at a significantly lower rate than a normal human being. So even though the Hulk can technically live indefinitely, the time spent as Banner does contribute to aging, which the Hulk's healing factor apparently can't offset completely. So when old age finally catches up to him, it will be while he is in his Banner form.

It is also implied at the end of the comic that the Hulk finally succeeds in banishing the Banner personality permanently, which means that he will never change back and so he will now live forever.

#14 Posted by GoodBoy6 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

it depends on a writer.in very little cases Gods of Asgard are consuming Golden Apples to sustain them but that may not be the case.in most cases they are immortal without them.even Doom experimented on them to find out their immortality.

it depends on a writer in the end.

#15 Posted by Ravengrey32 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Bruce can't die that easily. He might get old but that doesn't mean he can't get cancer and other diseases

#16 Posted by kgb725 (19868 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by xavier1994 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I have researched a lot and came to a conclusion on whether The Incredible Hulk can ever be killed or not that is:- https://phasemarvel.com/hulk-lives-or-dies/

#18 Posted by Cognitive (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

He ages, but that isn't killing him.

Just look at Maestro.

#19 Posted by Battle123axe (9496 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#20 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he was shown to be alive millions of years in the future and was even in peak physical condition, so the best bet is that he can't honestly.

#21 Posted by theacidskull (22075 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, as far as heart attacks go...

#22 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. He's immortal. Always has been and always will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.