Contest of Champions: Who would you like to see summoned by Maestro

#1 Edited by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys !

I thought it would be cool to know who you guys think would be interesting to see summoned by Maestro who now holds the whole ISO-8 sphere in Contest of Champions. I understand that the contest is basically over since Maestro banished the elders but let's say he keeps it going.

Here are a few ideas that I thought would be cool to see fight in battleworld.

Skaar vs Hiro Kala.

(I would have liked seeing more of Hiro Kala, that would be a great way to see him again and his potential.)

I would also like to see the old Rulk, A-Bomb, Redshulk being summoned at some point for good times sake. Maybe a Cholk vs Hulk at some point could be nice. I'm mostly pointing out Hulks but maybe you guys would have other ideas of characters being summoned, making for an interesting fight in the contest of champions books.

Please don't turn this into a flame war though. Such as Hulk vs Thor. Be original and maybe go for more obscure characters more than the old debates.

#2 Posted by Thedailybagel (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

Depowered tyrant. I'd love to see maestro test himself without the ISO-sphere. I don't think he should win but showcasing his full range of abilities would be awesome.

#3 Edited by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be cool to see Maestro challenge other characters on batteworld just for the fun of it yes ! Summons them just to fight them for the heck of it.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#4 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Depowered tyrant. I'd love to see maestro test himself without the ISO-sphere. I don't think he should win but showcasing his full range of abilities would be awesome.

Wow... I literally had this same exact thought weeks ago...

However Maestro would lose to depowered Tyrant, that guy was more powerful then Thanos, even an amped Thanos was losing to Tyrant.

But yea i would really like to see depowered Tyrant brought back.

#5 Posted by Thedailybagel (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: I've had the idea floating around in my head for ages; I don't think maestro should win, but it'd be cool to see him use everything in his a arsenal to survive then BFR tyrant or get a lucky win. The gist was that I'd love to see him use his arsenal and tactical prowess to survive against (or even beat) soneone more powerful than himself.

#6 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel:

That would be cool.

I'd love to see Maestro face Tyrant, withstand everything Tyrant throws at him while also using all of his weapons, power and battle prowess to not only survive but also do better than anyone (Thanos included) against Tyrant. He could show his full potential, fight one of the few beings who is more powerful than him, survive everything unleashed, and proceed to stalemate Tyrant until trapping or eradicating Tyrant with the Iso-Sphere.

If you want someone just as powerful, how about World-Breaker: Herald of Galactus from What If: World War Hulk? Caiera from What If: Planet Hulk would be a very interesting choice, too. There's loads of infinite potential to be mined here.

But as to whom Maestro would summon for further Contests... I'd have to contemplate on the issue further.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#7 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: I've had the idea floating around in my head for ages; I don't think maestro should win, but it'd be cool to see him use everything in his a arsenal to survive then BFR tyrant or get a lucky win. The gist was that I'd love to see him use his arsenal and tactical prowess to survive against (or even beat) soneone more powerful than himself.

I agree, i wanna see him use more of his own strength and the weapons/armor he has.

#8 Edited by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are throwing some awesome ideas. Hope Marvel can check up on what the fans of the series could come up with to give them some ideas. I think contest of champions could be a bi weekly book considering the way battleworld is and the almost infinite match up people could come up with. Actually it would be nice if people could vote on original match ups and see them fight. I think the book could sell even more if they made it interactive this way.The game is actually pretty popular,I think Marvel could really make the fans participate. Battleworld is the perfect platform to have characters battle and then returned to their books or disapear back to where they belong with no memories of the fight. The way the ISO Sphere and battleworld is, anything is possible. What-ifs, alternate univeverses, dead characters, current characters, even new characters like they already did with guillotine. Amped or un amped versions of other characters or slightly modified versions. Anyways like I said there is so much potential and we all know how much fans like to debate on battles that this could be very lucrative for Marvel as far as book sales. Even though i'd rather see it story driven it doesn't even have to be. Maestro summons random characters to battle it out for his own amusement, why, because he can and he is now king of his own domain battleworld. If someone knows how to reach a writer and think making an interactive event where people could vote for contestants to be summoned is a good idea then go ahead. I think it would be fun, fans would probably always be voting and buying the books to see what happens to those who they voted for.

#9 Edited by Thedailybagel (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

@schwarz: that sounds like a great idea tbh.

#10 Edited by KrleAvenger (26273 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion VS Skaar.

#11 Posted by RabumAlal (5377 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor vs Hulk would be great.

#12 Posted by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: I asked the question on the Gen. Forum.

So far I didn't get any answers. Sounds like a good idea to me but maybe people aren't too much into buying some Vs. Comic books in battleworld. But I thought it could be nice for people to feel involved in marvel descisions or at least it could bring some very original fights and ideas. Maybe people don't like the not story driven, just all out characters fighting without worry of destroying cities or killing civilians around. Check it out if you want or not I just liked the idea of holding votes for battles by the public !

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/contest-of-champions-fan-interactive-event-1779002/

#13 Posted by bonifidehustla (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going to lie if you could summon Maestro I will try out the game again. Then again I know it will be probably impossible to do it with insane luck and a lot of money.

#14 Posted by Battle123axe (9426 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see him summon thanos, put to rest any fears about who is Superior.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.