Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Comparing classic hulk to current hulk

Avatar image for marvelcomicfan6
    MarvelComicFan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MarvelComicFan6

The hulk that we have currently is massively powerful. He resisted the weight of a star, played tug of war with Exitar (a celestial), caused earthquakes around the world by fighting gamma powered boars and shattered a time barrier. All of this is without including WBH feats.

Now let's look at some of classic hulks feats. He Held apart two giant anti-matter spheres, held open a black hole like fissure that was seven feet in length (approximately it had the gravitational pull of 400+ earths), reflecting a universe/dimension busting attack with a thunder clap, destroyed a device that was made to fight against the celestials (considering a cosmic cube couldn't damage it, the device would have to be pretty powerful), literally tore apart nightmares dimension, punched a time storm (basically punched through reality), in incredible hulk #450 doctor strange stated hulks energy would destroy everything, went straight through vectors full power while he was repelling reality itself, and last but not least causing shockwaves through an infinite number of dimensions by clashing with iron clad.

Notice anything weird? I do. Classic hulks feats annihilate any feat current hulk has displayed! Now before anyone replies saying that it's not true, let me explain the difference between classic hulk and modern hulk.

Classic hulk was a ridiculous character in all aspects but despite that he has feats that surpass current hulk, he was defeated quite a bit of times from things that you would expect him to tank effortlessly. People were able to defeat him by draining his oxygen, gamma radiation overload, and knockout Gas under certain circumstances. See where I'm going with this? While being massively overpowered he was still capable of being defeated by characters way below his tier. The silver and bronze age were times were pretty much nothing made sense and most feats were incalculable, characters like superman, thor, and hulk were performing feats that couldn't even be quantified. They were essentially broken characters that were asking to be retconed.

The modern hulk doesn't have the same weaknesses that he had during the silver and bronze ages, has a more consistent win lose ratio, and has better quantifiable feats. What this means is...

Current hulk > Classic hulk

in terms of quantifiable feats.

And...

Classic hulk > Current hulk

in terms of what was displayed for raw power output.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're the same character. This isn't DC.

/thread

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now let's look at some of classic hulks feats. He Held apart two giant anti-matter spheres that had the force of a neutron star then punched one of them into space, held open a black hole like fissure that was seven feet in length (approximately it had the gravitational pull of 400+ earths), reflecting a universe/dimension busting attack with a thunder clap, destroyed a device that was made to fight against the celestials (considering a cosmic cube couldn't damage it, the device would have to be pretty powerful), literally tore apart nightmares dimension, punched a time storm (basically punched through reality), in incredible hulk #450 doctor strange stated hulks energy would destroy everything, went straight through vectors full power while he was repelling reality itself, and last but not least causing shockwaves through an infinite number of dimensions by clashing with iron clad.

Scans on all of that? Because I am pretty sure that the anti-matter feat had nothing to do with neutron stars.

MarvelComicFan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: I'm aware of that I was just making a comparison between what he's displayed in the past and present.

MarvelComicFan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MarvelComicFan6

@toratorn: Sorry I could not find any working links, he performed that feat in a issue of Marvel Team Up Annual, you should be able to find a few scans on google. The rest can possibly be found in respect threads.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelcomicfan6: I found it. And you know what? No mention of neutron star here. So yeah, I would like to know where did you get this from.

MarvelComicFan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: I must've misread the scan, he did not resist such force. Either way the feat itself is impressive as he held apart anti-matter spheres (irresistible force meets immovable object), he resisted enough anti-matter to destroy the earth. Too bad it's a incalculable feat as it shouldn't be possible in the first place.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.