Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Aren't you guys "angry"?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By THORSON

No pun intended. hahahaha!!!

We've got ourselves Iron man 3, THOR 2 is finally done and Cap is on his way in April.

Yet not even a script for another Hulk movie.

doesn't that make you angry? aren't you tired of this long wait? its like you are waiting for nothing.

I;m all for another Hulk movie. but i find its disappointing, that Hulk has yet to get another shot at the big screen. They left a nice cliff hanger for the Leader in the IH movie, and i really want to see the leader get his turn.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I'd like a sequel but I'm not incredibly disappointed. Would rather other characters get their time

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I thought the second Hulk was pretty good but I think Hulk might work best as a supporting character in other Marvel projects.

Avatar image for cyclonus_the_warrior
    Cyclonus_The_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 463

I been surprised with that one also. I hope they get it in gear and follow up on this. It would be really disappointing to not get a Leader appearance after what we saw.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont really think Hulk can support his own movie, to be honest.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

there will be a squeal, and I'l rub it in your face when it's better than the thor movies >:P

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RaynorJ

there will be a squeal, and I'l rub it in your face when it's better than the thor movies >:P

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid fanboy is obvious.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

I've stated nothing rude. and yet this idiot has to go and show his idiocy for no reason whatsoever.

You aren't even worthy of being a superman fan with your stupidity and arrogance.

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been said that Hulk is going to get a lot of focus in Avengers 2, that's good enough for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a second AND third Hulk movie. If he can support his own book, he can support 2 solo movies!

@thorson said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

@theacidskull said:

I've stated nothing rude. and yet this idiot has to go and show his idiocy for no reason whatsoever.

You aren't even worthy of being a superman fan with your stupidity and arrogance.

He was kidding around. Are you new here? Acidskull is a huge Hulk fan but is also a huge jokester about it. He rarely ever has malicious intent on here, in fact I don't think I've ever seen any. You could even tell he was joking by the fact he used an emoticon.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@arturocalakayvee said:

I want a second AND third Hulk movie. If he can support his own book, he can support 2 solo movies!

@thorson said:

@theacidskull said:

He was kidding around. Are you new here? Acidskull is a huge Hulk fan but is also a huge jokester about it. He rarely ever has malicious intent on here, in fact I don't think I've ever seen any. You could even tell he was joking by the fact he used an emoticon.

thank you :)

Damn lot of misinterpretation going on with the OP if he thought you were being a malicious Hulk fanboy :P

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Thorson calls random people fanboys as an insult and appears to have a heirarchy of the kinds he finds most vile. He's one step below a troll since I believe he's actually genuine.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:
    @theacidskull said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@thorson said:

@theacidskull said:

thank you :)

Damn lot of misinterpretation going on with the OP if he thought you were being a malicious Hulk fanboy :P

Wow what just happened.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#20  Edited By Extremis

People who say Hulk can't support a movie or works best as a supporting character obviously aren't familiar with the character beyond a casual interest. The dude is an A list character with tons of potential. We got a bit of a taste of what that's like when handled appropriately as in the Avengers film.

People then claiming he is ONLY successful in such a role because of the Avengers being his best iteration. But that's more to do with how well he was handled (character development and physical appearance) than him being used sparingly.

A Mark Ruffalo Banner/Hulk film would be great. Personally I've always said that they should make it a Hulk/SHIELD movie for the first one. It could even borrow some elements from Waid's current Hulk which would not only capitalize on current MCU characters but make sense for Banner's character development after the events in Avengers; him seeing Hulk as a potential force for good under the guidance of SHIELD.

After that you could maybe even entertain a Planet Hulk type thing down the line in another movie event/ sequel once things go inevitably bad with SHIELD or the Avengers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I honestly don't know if there will be a full on Hulk movie sequel at this point. I'd love one but I'm not sure Marvel wants him to be the sole focus of a movie. Now they could easily work around this by bringing She-Hulk in so he doesn't have to completely carry the movie and they get a double win for getting her in a movie before DC gets off their asses and make that WW movie.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RaynorJ

@thorson said:

@theacidskull said:

Well there's a butthurt fanboy if i ever saw one...

And please, you are not fooling anyone here you came to provoke and gloat with your 'subtle' jabs to the Hulk fanbase, now that Thor got his second movie.

Anyway as for those who think Hulk can't support his own movie, you couldn't be more wrong. With most other Marvel characters(in fact all of them that already have a movie) you have 1 persona to deal with, with Hulk you have him and Banner(and countless others Hulk personas). The Ang Lee Hulk was terrible but the 2008 one was fairly decent and we know that the crowd loved the Hulk in the Avengers movie(for most he was the fan favorite), so he has potential.

In fact let's take a list of movies and TV series that Marvel tried to do and failed miserably at it Spidey Super stories, The Amazing Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Captain America, Generation X, Mutant X, Nightman, Blade(the series). These where all 70's and 80's TV series and films that flopped and i bet none of you even knew existed. But i know a series at that time that did not fail(in fact it did surprisingly well) and all of you have heard about it, let me give you a hint

No Caption Provided

So don't give me this BS that Hulk can't support his own movie.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Loading Video...

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: You know, since you brought it up, there is a rumor that the next hulk movie might be shifted towards the indestructible series.

Well that wasn't really a rumor so much as Mark Waid wishing for it to be true(as far as i remember but who knows what they are talking about behind closed doors). Still the key to a Hulk movie is no longer the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde formula, i think people wanna see a more confident Banner the one that is in control and is not afraid and a Hulk that can actually talk and have more personality to him than just saying the word "SMASH". Honestly that's pretty much all it would take, the other issue is just thinking of a good plot/story for them and you have yourself a successful movie.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Extremis

@theacidskull: i think that would be great. It works well within the MCU right now.

I just really want more Ruffalulk

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By PeppeyHare

I think a Ruffahulk movie that's more like Indestructible would actually work quite well.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This and Incredible Hulk is a better movie than Thor. Not to mention Hulk totally kicked Thor's ass in the movie and possibly was the real star of the movie.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL you had to go and do it.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there will be a sequel.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a Ruffahulk movie that's more like Indestructible would actually work quite well.

my thoughts exactly

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Can I answer the Ops question, because the Hulk has always been one of my favourite characters since the 1970s and yes I am disappointed tbh, more so that we haven't yet had a really good solo film. For the moment I am happy for him to steal the show In Avengers 2 like he did in the first movie, but I want a solo film. I actually love the Ang Lee film and cant stand the second one, where Hulk was IMO embarrassingly de-powered to the extent that he got tagged by an enhanced human...the scenes in the first Hulk movie where he chucks the tanks around and runs at high speed dodging the helicopter gun ships are IMO some of the best fight scenes in any Marvel film to date!

Also, since the first Hulk movie in 2002, we've had world breaker Hulk, Planet Hulk and World War Hulk, basically the character has come a long way, so surely some material to make the ultimate monster film!!

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By seekquaze

@bezza said:

Can I answer the Ops question, because the Hulk has always been one of my favourite characters since the 1970s and yes I am disappointed tbh, more so that we haven't yet had a really good solo film. For the moment I am happy for him to steal the show In Avengers 2 like he did in the first movie, but I want a solo film. I actually love the Ang Lee film and cant stand the second one, where Hulk was IMO embarrassingly de-powered to the extent that he got tagged by an enhanced human...the scenes in the first Hulk movie where he chucks the tanks around and runs at high speed dodging the helicopter gun ships are IMO some of the best fight scenes in any Marvel film to date!

Also, since the first Hulk movie in 2002, we've had world breaker Hulk, Planet Hulk and World War Hulk, basically the character has come a long way, so surely some material to make the ultimate monster film!!

I think a problem with that might be you are getting too high into levels of power. Aside from being more expensive you risk alienating the audiences. Things that work in comics do not always work in live-action films. Worldbreaker Hulk and World War Hulk are mostly about lining people up for Hulk to beat up. I seriously doubt any film worth watching would recoup its money. The general movie going audience is unlikely go to a film to see the Hulk beat up a bunch of other heroes. Then you have some of the feast like Worldbreaker Hulk destroy a planet with a thunderclap that I think would be far too over the top for this type of film. Whether or not a talking racoon is too much has become an issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.