Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Are There Too Many Hulks?

• 167 results
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By CATPANEXE

I'm undecided right now. It seems a little overbaked, yet, it also seems like many of the Hulk characters finally got some long 
    overdue character and story development as a result. I admit I gave up on the Red Hulk story itself from the start like many,
    and it surprised me by coming out a well written one, so I guess I'm interested in seeing where they go with it.

MrFantastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By MrFantastic

The Red Hulk storyline was a pretty good run, but now that its over Rulk needs depowered. Ross is unstable and a threat to the nation, even more that the Hulk. As for the Red She Hulk, it is good to have Betty back. Hulk is always better when "Big Green" has a love interest.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I accept Hulk, Rulk, She-Hulk, and Skaar.
    But the rest of them, meh.

Avatar image for hrdwrkngxsoldier
    hrdwrkngXsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

User Lists: 2

Well... You did forget to mention Maestro Hulk and the Banner Beast.   Must have been a B student at hulk university. 

HULK SMASH "PUNY" EGO MAN!!!!
    Reaper_bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Reaper_bat

i don´t like hulk that much but i would choose red-hulk, hulk, she-hulk,skaar and hulkling

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i totally disagree. every hulk is unique and interesting.

misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 118

#107  Edited By misterz173
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " i totally disagree. every hulk is unique and interesting. "
    Your Right! The more hulks there are, the more variety there is. Thats preferable to one green Hulk all the time. This makes the Hulk more exciting.
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#108  Edited By DMC

Another problem with Lyra, why does Marvel insist on calling her the "Savage" She-Hulk anyway, based on her personality and powers there's nothing really savage about her IMO.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By goldenkey

I never was a full time reader of the Hulk til I picked up WWHulk.  I always loved Hulk, and actually think the Hulk movie is (dare I say incredible)  I know a lot of people don't like it.  Sure fanboys complain about changes but that comes with every comic movie.  Anyway, I've been reading since then and I love it.  I always read the Hulk page here on the Vine or Wiki, which I do with, OH SO MANY, charaters so I know what's going on.  Right now there are not to many Hulks.  It might get stale after a while and I'll bet a BILLION dollars I don't have that Hulk will go solo again.  So right now there are not to many Hulks, but in the future maybe.  Plus, even tho I read a lot of DC, I started on Mavel and I'm a "Make mine Marvel" guy so no matter what someone pulls out in the battle forums, no matter proof someone pulls out to prove someone wrong, being a fanboy myself, I go buy the cliche's of charaters.  "The madder you make Hulk, the stronger Hulk is" makes him unbeatable.  So sure, standing there with nothing going on Superman is tougher, but if Superman makes Hulk mad without knocking him out, Hulk is stronger.  HEY, when you tell Medusa I don't want to hear Blackbolt whisper, I want to hear him scream, and then procede to beat Blackbolts ass, you're the toughest non-demi-god there is.  Only Marvel over DC fans truely get this.  Oh and some of the cliches I stick by are, Daredevil - the man with no fear, Hulk - madder you make Hulk, the stronger Hulk gets, and Wolverine - Im the best there is at what I do.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By DanialCarroll

I've never really liked Red Hulk for some reason. I think the Marvel U was better place when it was just Hulk and She-Hulk.  

I don't mind the Warbound either, because I don't really consider them Hulk clones in any way.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GREGalicious

I always liked SHE-HULK ever since the cartoon but never really did care for HULK until the movie...they can keep all the rest as far as im concerned. While i do like Betty Ross, i like her as just plain BETTY ROSS.

SMK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By SMK100

Just him and She-Hulk is enough..but I don't mind Red She-Hulk.

Cronoman66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#113  Edited By Cronoman66

Not that i'm much an expert on the subject but a consistent thing about Hulk was "Hulk want to be left alone" so by adding an entire family cast it makes it redundant also, "Hulk is the strongest there is" is made redundant by having several Hulks

kigustein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By kigustein

Alright... that's enough damn Hulks...

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#115  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @davelecave said:
    " WAY too many Hulks. "
    untammed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By untammed
    @FLStyle said:
    " I don't mind them, if there's a good story to be told then go for it.  I just don't want to see Savage, Grey or Professor Hulk again. World Breaker for life. "
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By Pizawle

I don't think so. As long as it is handled fine, I'm cool with it and thus far they have all been appealing characters except for Betty.

Avatar image for the_business_man
    THE BUSINESS MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my HUMBLE opinion, there should be at least 15 or 16 more Hulks...
    Falcon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Falcon9

I miss the old days when there was just one Hulk, and when he got mad he destroyed the holy hell out of everything and was soo mighty that the Avengers were formed just to stop him. Those were the days. When Spider-Man and Wolverine could barely hold their own against him. Thor was the only person who could even comprehend of challenging him and even then was barely able to hold his own. What happened to that one single hulk? Those were the days...when we saw green...and maybe just the she-hulk as the only add on, that would be prefect by my scale. But hey, that's just me talking.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By obscurefan

I actually like the idea of characters in marvel having their own supporting world of characters like DC tends to do. However, there is no variety among these hulks, they're all way too similar.

Apis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#121  Edited By Apis

Maybe; but this new crop of "Hulks" have been interesting. Their good for advancing a story in more ways than just starting a brawl.  
    kmiller9959

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122  Edited By kmiller9959

I completely agree. The current ongoings with the Hulk aren't anywhere near as good as they have been in the past few years and it's probably got a lot to do with all the new Hulks.
    KingsCastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By KingsCastle

I started reading this series because of the Red Hulk. I like all of the hulk characters. ^_^

Nateabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Nateabusa

Seems the consensus that The Original Jade Giant, his kids, his cousin, and his warbound = Good. Anything Red = Bad. Yep...that pretty much sums it up. Banner/Hulk is actually a VERY deep and psychological character for alot of reasons and alot of people don't realize just how many great stories there are starring him (all ranging from a thinking mans comic to just 32 pages of him beating the crap outta things but STILL being able to tell a good story). Jen is a GREAT 2nd tier character and adds much needed comic relief to the Marvel Universe while still being able to be taken seriously when need be. Lyra is a cool what-if character that could have some really interesting things happen. Skaar is just a bad ass...Hulk + Conan = WIN. He could EASILY be changed into a villain and cause alot of damage to the MU but he can also be taken the good guy route and prove that he is just as good as his father. Really wish they would do more with the Warbound, just don't know what exactly. Maybe have them go out into space with Skaar as there leader and be kinda a connection to the cosmic line. Red Hulk is frankly just uninteresting and Betty Hulk is just confusing to me...she likes being a hulk...she hates being a hulk...she loves banner..she hates banner...make up your damn mind. Indiffrent on A-Bomb really...kinda takes the role meek had in Planet/World War Hulk.

Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#125  Edited By Carolina574

Yes way too many hulks, son of hulks, a-bombs and all that crap. There are more hulks than Spider-Man knock-offs. Give me Hulk and She-Hulk and thats all I need.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

Hulk and She-Hulk are enough for me, now it's getting crazy...

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I liked Fall of the Hulks and World War Hulks but i just got tired after the end and more or less gave up.

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By abeyance

Red Hulk and Red She Hulk could have stayed in the dark. I like Lyra and Skaar though, the kids of Hulk lol (not Bruce.)

xMattxxrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By xMattxxrT

I believe there is too many hulks.
    The whole point of him being The Hulk is that he was the only one, he was that unquie that it made him interesting because he was so unstoppable, with the addition of new hulks it kind of looses that uniqueness he once had.

tobiasPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#130  Edited By tobiasPUNK

i think female versions of pre-existing characters eg; spider-man/ spider-girl, hulk/ she-hulk. is totally gay. 

don't get me wrong their should always be female heroes and villains but can't they be original with them?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#131  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I love all the Hulks.There are too many versions of Banner Hulk...that's what's too many.

GREYMALCKIN3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By GREYMALCKIN3

Too many?All i know is that the writer's of HULK make an incredible lay-out of the character's that doesn't tire anybody so far.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#133  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

We need more Hulks, you know for kicks!

kore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By kore

2 Hulks are enough, regular and She-Hulk.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Nateabusa: 
    I agree with almost everything you said. I love the characters and think that they could be made great if given the right oportunity (which i  think they are doing a good job with right now). Their are to many in one book right now though. I think Red She Hulk should be in her dads book more often than in Banner's but still hashing things out between Bruce and Betty. A-Bomb seems like he should be a temporary character for all the books not a constant. Lyra would be cool in a  comic with She Hulk if they gave them a necessary goal. Their last one wasnt that great because they were using bad villains doing the same as Red-Hulk. I would like to see them in Red-Hulks comic bc i think the three of them would work well off of each other. Red Hulk is the exact type of man Lyra's people hated and Jen knows the history with the General.

Red Hulk
    - I love all of them really except for Red-Hulk and even he isnt bad but i dont like thinking of him as a Hulk. I liked him now that he has more of a purpose then just going around beating people up. I think he will be more interesting if/when his identity becomes known to the hero world or the public.  

Skaar - He is my favorite hulk, even more than the original. I think he was been under used as of late and should be shown more powerful than he has been. He really should be his fathers equal (when he gets in to his late teens and early 20's) and should be given equal important face time as his father. He feels like the Superboy of Marvel if Hulk was Superman, all of his fathers powers plus some. He should be Hulk 2.0. I like the idea of him taking over the bad lands as long as he isnt left there in limbo for years to come, only to be seen when someone stumbles in the the Bad Lands. 

Red She Hulk - Betty is cool and i like her as a she hulk. She is a very conflicted character which i think people relate well too. She is more emotional and changes at a whim. 

Lyra - besides her weakness i like her. I think she was thrown to the side to quickly. I can understand her not wanting a father figure bc she has resented him her entire life but i still like her working as a team with Hulk and Skaar. The only contradicting part to me it seemed like was during the battle with the intelligencia. She seemed to willingly and openly work with her father and brother even calling them by those names (or at least calling Skaar lil' Brother). I think she could be a more dominant character then Jen Walters and although im not trying to get in to her sexuality i could see her being an advocate for lesbians (seeing where she comes from women and men hate each other). Maybe im wrong and they will eventually have her let a boy in to her life that she starts to trust and have feelings for. 

Hiro-Kala - I wasnt a big fan of him at first. I thought he should have been just another shadow priest prodigy seeking revenge against Skaar or be a half brother (his parents being Seira and the Red King) to skaar. I like how he turned out for the most part but i hope he will one day come back. I liked how he was kind of like the opposite side of the coin to Skaar. Never changed in to a hulk but learned how to use the Hulk essence inside of him in a new way. He seemed to get Banner's smartest which was a cool aspect of him (Skaar being Hulk's kid and Hiro being Banners it seemed) 

The Warbound - I like some of them. I like the original warbound he had when he first landed back on earth. I hated Meek but i was happy when he left. I am not a fan of an earth woman gaining the oldstrong abilities. The Warbound should be down to basically just Korg left i think. 

She Hulk - I like Jen but she seems to happy all the time. It's just hard for me to believe when they show her angry. Thats my real only problem with her.

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Susanoo

Hulk family adds some more interests to the Hulk.
    likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By likalaruku

Well, maybe too many MALE Hulks....

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By nj06

I'm torn on the various new Hulk characters that have been (re)introduced into Hulk.

She-Hulk- I like her an want her to stay. I wouldn't mind her having her own title, or maybe as part of some Avengers team or even the new Future Foundation in time.

Red-Hulk- He can go to me. It was fun for a while but I think the character has run his course. Let him be depowered and be in Limbo for a while.

A-bomb- He just needs to be depowered I think but doesn't need to be out of the comic. If they could put him on another team as A-bomb and make it work I would like it, but I don't see that happening.

Lyra- I think she should become the new leader of the Warbound and have her own title where she leads the team. I'd throw in Amadeus Cho to that cast and have it be about them facing threats around Earth, in other dimensions, and occasionally in space. Maybe she can fight Miek eventually (is he still alive?).

Red She-Hulk- I'm torn on her because I don't want her to become a hero, but I think she would be handled poorly as a reoccurring villain. I think if she were stay evil they would play up the love angle between her and Hulk too much. I think if she is going to be a villain she should be evil. With her intelligence and her new powers she could a be a villain not only to the Hulk but to all of Marvel. Marvel could really use a legitimate and capable female villain that poses a threat to all heroes and even villains.

Skaar- My favorite of all the characters. I really like his backstory and his powerset and think he makes for great read. I like that he is a great mix of Hulk and Conan. I would have liked to have read more stories with him on Sakaar, and was glad to hear that he is going to be appearing in his own mini-series taking place in the Savage Land. I think that is the perfect place for him right now. Hopefully it will be written well enough so that an ongoing can be made. I want to see him also interact with other Marvel teen heroes like the Young Avengers.

Hiro-Kala- I like him and I hope he isn't gone for good. I think he is especially unique among the Hulk family due to his powers. I like that his powers and look resemble more of his mother than his father. If he does come back, I hope he presents a serious threat to Hulk and co. He is also a great antagonist to Hulk because he ties the Hulk franchise to Planet Hulk which I like. I would love to see him and Skaar interact more.

TheShame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 21

#139  Edited By TheShame

two words: riot-squad lol

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @likalaruku:
    Technically there are 3 male Hulks, 5 male hulk types, and 3 female hulks. How many more would you need?
    SigTau123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By SigTau123

I think that you shoud stick with the Hulk, Skaar, A-bomb  

Red Hulk just needs to end there really is no point to him anymore  

I loved the Warbound stuff but more than halve the group is gone so whats the point of them
    kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By kingoftheworld

i kina wish they would have closed the book after world war hulk (the first one) and let She -Hulk shine in a solo for a few years instead of all this nonsense .
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:
    " @likalaruku: Technically there are 3 male Hulks, 5 male hulk types, and 3 female hulks. How many more would you need? "
    there are a whole lot more.   examples of living hulks:
    abomb
    abomination
    abominatrix
    grey
    griffin
    incredible hulk
    red hulk
    mess
    prodigy
    leader
    jen she hulk
    lyra
    betty banner 
    ratilore and entire clan of hulked out, super-intelligent animals
    skaar
    mister gideon

there are a lot more that i dont have here.  check out my work on the hulk family--it is incomplete but still has a lot
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: 

New Count: 3-Male Hulk Types, 3-Male Hulks, 3-Female Hulks, 2-Female Hulk Types currently that i know of. I know there are characters like Hulkling but he isnt actually Gamma irradiated so that would be like putting Colossus or the thing in this catagory as well

Sorry, your right there are more but we rarely see these other people lpus i thought we were talking about Hulk types (Strength wise) not Gamma irradiated people. People like the Hulks, not the evil genius types. 

Living Male Hulk Types: 
    A-Bomb 
    Korg 
    Grey 

Living Male Hulks: 
    Hulk (banner) 
    Skaar 
    Red Hulk (General Ross) 

Living Female Hulks:
    She-Hulk 
    Red She-Hulk 
    Lyra 

Living Female Hulk Types: 
    Mess (only half of her is hulk type but still, you are right) 
    Gamma Corps Black (Female version of Abomination)

Living Evil Genius Types (Gamma Powered):
    Prodigy 
    M.O.D.O.K. 

The ones blow are basically gone, so although there were that many at one point ones dead, ones no longer gamma powered, one hasnt been seen since 1989, Two arent gamma powered, one i couldnt find. 

Dead Hulk Types: 
    Abomination 

Former Hulk Types: 
    Leader 

Hulk Types in Limbo (Havent been seen in a While; 5+ years): 
    Abominatrix 

Not Hulk Types: 
    Griffin (according to his page, he has nothing to do with the Hulks and seems to have never met any of them) 
    Mister Gideon (Doesnt have much on his page but doesnt say anything about having powers or abilities) 

Couldnt Find: 
    Ratilore and the entire clan of Hulked out, Super intelligent animals
    Grimnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Grimnir

In my mind there is only one Hulk, one Spider-Man, one Wolverine, one Captain America, one Thor, etc

All the other versions are nonsense from idiotic writers

Vermis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Vermis

OP sounds more like a rant about 'this is who I like and who I don't like' rather than a reasoned critique.  If you think Red Hulk's still flat then you'll just been wilfully ignoring Jeff Parker's run on Hulk.  Unlike a lot of fans who are buying the book and enjoying it.  And who's going to deny Betty a bit of superpower  to go leaping around and joining Bruce on his adventures?
    On the other hand, Skaar can be easily seen as Greg Pak's cheesy and unoriginal Hulk/Conan hybrid.  With a hefty chunk of Jedi thrown in.  ('Old power?'  Me arse.)  The Warbound aren't too far behind that.  And then Lyra; but I'm warming to her meself.  Her origins and motivations aren't quite as groanworthy as little Brucie Jr.

There are too many Hulks, probably, but your confident deliberations on who must be cut ain't exactly the logical voice of the fandom you're writing them as.

kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By kingoftheworld

Yes and no. Skaar is interesting when written well. She Hulk should always have her own book . and honeslly im enjoying Hulk when Banner is a normakl human with gadgets. Everyone else can go away.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Theworldbreaker

I could do withour Lyra and the Red She Hulk.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#149  Edited By Caligula

never too many Hulks.

Avatar image for monsterobsessor
    MonsterObsessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#150  Edited By MonsterObsessor

You know, I find too many Hulks. Betty Ross and Rick Jones were once Hulk's human allies until god knows what recently. Tell me, is Hulk losing human allies?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.