super_man_23's Hulk #3 - Who Shot the Hulk Part 3 review

Avatar image for super_man_23
  • super_man_23 wrote this review on .
  • super_man_23 has written a total of 780 reviews. The last one was for

Who shot the Hulk? (pt.3). "Hulk never surrender!"

Writer Mark Waid, penciler Mark Bagley, inker Andrew Hennessy, and colorist Jason Keith ask the question; Who Shot The Hulk?

The Good

When the Hulk became the main drive, or focus, of the issue; things got better immediately!

The previous issues were good. The entire mystery of Who Shot The Hulk intrigues me greatly, and I'm interested in seeing "who" did it and for "what" purpose. However, writer Mark Waid really outdid himself with this issue. I found the Hulk and Abomination fight that started last issue; to be boring or even seen as background noise. This is a Hulk series, but so far the only drive for this Hulk series is "who shot him?" instead of the Hulk adding to that concept. He has appeared to be the secondary character of his own series; until this issue!

I'm glad that Mark Waid justified adding that brief glimpse of the Hulk vs. Abomination fight at the last part of issue 2. Like I said before, it was background noise and a bit unnecessary because of how he handled it. However, this issue totally justified his actions, and showed us the Hulk we all have come to know and love. The one that never backs down! Mark Waid really handled that idea of Hulk "never backing down!" and protecting the innocent, even though he and Banner aren't totally themselves right now. I enjoyed how Mark Waid really escalated the fight between Hulk and Abomination as it kept getting better-and-better with every blow! And the ending, oh man, am I excited to see how Hulk whoops Abomination in the next issue!

Moving past the Hulk and Abomination fight, Waid is still teasing us the people that shot the Hulk. I really want to see who these people are and what they really want with the Hulk.

The artwork was killer! The art team did an incredible job at making the incredible fight sequences in this comic look as INCREDIBLE as the Hulk himself. The colors, inks, and just overall design from Keith, Hennessy, and Bagley did the jolly green giant justice and made reading Mark Waid's story really enjoyable!

The Bad

No complaints.

The Verdict

Never give up!
Never give up!

Mark Waid and company outdid themselves with this 3rd issue! I can't wait for the 4th issue and see what this team will do with the Hulk and answer the questions as to Who Shot The Hulk? Already we have an incredible fight sequence between Hulk and Abomination and more teasing to the people behind Hulk/Banner's current problem. This story is action packed topped with a bit of mystery. Overall a great blend and used very well. 5 out of 5.