dark_noldor's Hulk #29 - Scorched Earth, Part 4:Exit Strategy; Things Best Left Unseen Part II review

Avatar image for dark_noldor
  • dark_noldor wrote this review on .
  • dark_noldor has written a total of 1014 reviews. The last one was for HC

The End of Scorched Earth

The way Jeff Parker plays with the identities of the Hulks, how they interact with one another, how Banner wants something and the Hulk another thing, how Ross feels and thinks differently from the Red Hulk is something new brought to the table by the writer, because since the introduction of the Rulk I was lead to believe that he was just an extension of Ross, that he was completely controled by him and now it seems that, like Banner and Hulk, Betty and She-Rulk, Rulk thinks a little different than Ross. It´s the conclusion of Scorched Earth and it was a mangnicent way to wrap things up, renewing an old villain and launching a new threat for the Red Hulk. The dialogues were quick, but they were most interesting when aproached the need of Ross for the Hulk to become Rulk again and the fact that Banner tricked in part Ross, by lying to him about the decice implanted in his head. Gabriel Hardman is an excellent artist, I dare say one of the best for the Hulk, great pages filled with action, monsters, punches and a great finale!!
4.5 out 5

Wiki Points

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By MrFantastic

It has been a great run for the Hulk. Parker has really done fabulous work with these characters!

Avatar image for roninthefury

Wiki Points

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By RoninTheFury

Very good review.(and I'm not just saying that) I also like Harman's artwork, but i must admit that i really hope Ed Mcguinness is just taking a break by sticking to the covers only, and returns to doing full issues as well(or at least switching with Hardman) as he is one of the main reasons i got hooked on all things Hulk when he started out in Hulk #1.

Other reviews for Hulk #29 - Scorched Earth, Part 4:Exit Strategy; Things Best Left Unseen Part II

A Good End To A Surprisingly Solid Red Hulk Story 0

It would be an understatement o say I never cared much for Red Hulk, but Jeff Parker concludes his first arc of Rulk's series and succeeds in selling someone like me on the character.  Parker is really playing into the idea that Ross has become the monster he has always hated and that Ross is now paying penance for all he's done by becoming an outcast whose only choice is to work for the man he still hates. It is a very interesting context to put the Red Hulk into and should make for further int...

Review: Hulk #29 0

As the Hulks draw closer to the Brain Cluster's weak point, General Ross learns something very important that Banner's been keeping from him.  The Good M.O.D.O.K. Superior's introduction in this issue was spoiled a while back, but it still made for one hell of a creepy closing scene. I'm actually almost fearing for the Hulks now that this even-more fearsome monster's on the scene. Also, while the Hulk's fractured psyche has gone through many reinterpretations over the decades, I'm enjoying the ...