Dyer and Danforth from the Miskatonic University research team take their small plane through the unknown Antarctic mountain range--and land to explore the vast, cyclopean alien city that lies beyond it. Here at last they will discover the hideous secret of all life on Earth . . . but can they escape these uttermost vaults at the bottom of the world, and keep sanity enough to warn mankind?
- Chapter Thirteen: A Palaeogean Megalopolis
- Chapter Fourteen: The Stupendous Stone Labyrinth
- Chapter Fifteen: Sculptured Walls
- Chapter Sixteen: The Vanished Epoch of Their Creation "The Coming"
- Chapter Seventeen: The Vanished Epoch of Their Creation "The Great Old Ones"
- Chapter Eighteen: The Vanished Epoch of Their Creation "The Cthulhu Spawn and..."