Follow

Horsemen of Apocalypse

Team » Horsemen of Apocalypse appears in 515 issues.

Superhumans of great power chosen by Apocalypse as his greatest followers. Genetically enhanced to be beyond what they were before, the Horsemen herald their master's terrible vision for the world.

Horsemen of Apocalypse (DC version)

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aros001

If Apocalypse (Marvel comics) somehow made his way into the DC universe, who would he make into his horsemen (please say what title each would have)?

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kid Apollo

id go with something like this...

War- Black Adam, i think this one is kinda self-explanitory, it would be pure badass

Pestilence- Poison Ivy, add the abilities of Pestilence to her ability to control plants and you pretty much have a flawless way to distribute disease through polen

Famine- Aquaman, i know i know random choice, but most of Marvels HoA lineups feature a good guy gone bad, and with a darker tone and his Famine abilities i think he could be pretty unstoppable

Death- Mr. Freeze, if you look at the change from Angel to Archangel theres obviously a huge difference in attitude and the look. i think if that were applied to Freeze he could be a huge threat to almost any character in DC

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Matchstick

Death- Doomsday

War- Mongul

Famine- Larfleeze

Pestilence- Parasite

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Urban_Ronin

War:Wonder Woman - Combat is her language

Pestilence: (I really like Kid Apollo's pick but I wont jack his style) Zoom - He would be able to spread disease across the globe before anyone knew what happened.

Famine: Poison Ivy - Her plant control coupled with Famine's abilities would be an agricultural nightmare.

Death: Doomsday - Self- explanatory

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Veshark

Cool question. I'm gonna go with a few unorthodox choices here:

War - General Wade Eiling/Shaggy Man: I'm talking about the General incarnation here, where Eiling's mind has been transplanted into the synthetic body of the Shaggy Man. In my opinion, there's no other DC character that better embodies the concept of 'war' than the General. Not only is he a soldier who was fought in wars and knows a thing or two about combat - the Shaggy Man was basically built to be an indestructible fighting machine. With a Marine general's mind and a regenerating body that's considered a Planetary-level threat, Eiling would be the perfect incarnation for War.

Pestilence - Despotellis: Lyssa Drak describes this microscopic Sinestro Corpsman as being able to 'transform entire planets into rotting graveyards'. If that isn't Pestilence, I don't know what is! Despotellis is a living disease, able to infect and destroy bodies in minutes - he's basically an infection given sentient form. Pestilence is all about a plague, a destructive epidemic, and with Apocalypse's influence, just think how deadly Despotellis could be.

Famine - Parasite: I always thought that Parasite should've been the Orange Lantern rather than Luthor. He's basically a representation of greed and gluttony, and as Famine, he would be a one-man locust swarm. Imagine him swooping across the entire planet, devouring everything in his sight. Parasite is all about hunger and consumption, and with his powers he could suck the life energy out of any living being in this world. Farm animals, human beings - the world's economy would fall into shambles from this one ex-janitor.

Death - Black Hand: I'm quite surprised that no one mentioned Black Hand yet. Maybe it's because it's too obvious a choice, haha, but I think it's the right one. Black Hand is definitely well-fitted to becoming Death. Not only is he a former servant of the DCU's representation of death (Nekron), but his entire villain gimmick is corpses and dying. He's all about resurrecting dead bodies and necrophilia, so I think he suits the bill quite nicely.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.