Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1423 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Is she related to Jean Grey?

ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By ANGEL1993

Is Hope related to Jean Grey she is so much like her.

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Green Skin

She's essentially Jean reincarnated.   At least that's the current theory.

ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ANGEL1993

It say's that her parents were humans. Is it possible that one of her parents were part of the Grey family?

RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RavenDark

Both  Hope and Madelyne Pryor were born (lived) in Alaska....
    Makes you think......

ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ANGEL1993

It could be that Madelyne had a secret child no-one new about.

RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RavenDark
    @ANGEL1993: 
    Well, that is not possible because she was just being born at the start of messiah complex whereas Maddie was long dead...
    What is possible that Sinister may have been involved, perhaps did a little in vitro fertilisation...
    There are evidence as well that he influenced Xavier when he was a child which, subliminally, made him form the X-men....
    Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
    lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lord_oraculous016

as the title suggest, SECOND COMING.. 

i don't know if Hope's Jean bodily reincarnation since Jean now exist in a higher plane of existence as the White Phoenix of the Crown, but still based on her features (having red hair and green eyes), she displaying the Phoenix raptor image in her eyes, and her touching the locket in Cyclops neck strongly suggest that she is connected to Jean Grey.. 

us finding who Hope really is will just have to wait.. same goes for the eternal question, will she be the Messiah everyone is waiting for, with the promise of salvation.. or the Antichrist that would be the destroyer off all..

kai95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kai95

I hope not, because hope was the star character we had no choice but to like. She's entirely another person (for now)

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CellphoneGirl

She is not related to Jean in any way.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
    texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By texasdeathmatch

So if Hope and Scott started a relationship, would it be awkward or generally accepted?

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @texasdeathmatch: Well seeing the age difference, and that she hates him with a passion, most likely awkward :P
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Icon: I still don't believe she's related to her, i do believe that she is an important role for the return of jean grey though.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Icon: Have you read the ending to second coming? 
    ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ANGEL1993

Fantastico

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

"She is not related to Jean in any way. "

Wouldn't the X-Men already realize she was Jean's clone at this point? If it turns out she is some reincarnation, or clone, I would be disappointed in X-Men's writers for not having the team realize she was "Jean" sooner. This whole Hope Summers fiasco is muddled as all get out.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Illyana Rasputin: She can't be Jean though, Jean is currently looking for the rest of the pieces of the phoenix force right now. Which explains Rachel loosing some of her powers while fighting in space.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " @Illyana Rasputin: She can't be Jean though, Jean is currently looking for the rest of the pieces of the phoenix force right now. Which explains Rachel loosing some of her powers while fighting in space. "
    I read that, too. You speak truth.  I am just wondering how Hope equates with the Phoenix raptor in her eyes, and being the Messiah and all.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Mercy_
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " @Illyana Rasputin: She can't be Jean though, Jean is currently looking for the rest of the pieces of the phoenix force right now. Which explains Rachel loosing some of her powers while fighting in space. "
    And the Cuckoos losing their's.  

To answer the question, no she is not related to Jean in any way other than appearance. 
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    And the Cuckoos losing their's.   To answer the question, no she is not related to Jean in any way other than appearance.  "
    I just find it really odd, or really amazing, that she has access to the Phoenix Force, being that it is not a mutant ability, and both Rachel and Jean are elsewhere, entirely. I understand Hope isn't related to Jean. There's just so much speculation, and I'm trying to settle the Jean thing, once and for all. I mean, wouldn't the X-Men recognize a Jean clone, right away? After Madelyne Pryor, I hope they wouldn't make the same mistake, twice. But they don't react to Hope as Jean's successor in any way, which leads me to believe there is no relation other than the Phoenix Force. .
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Illyana Rasputin: Maybe while being in the future she might have came into contact with the Phoenix.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mercy_
    @Illyana Rasputin said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    And the Cuckoos losing their's.   To answer the question, no she is not related to Jean in any way other than appearance.  "
    I just find it really odd, or really amazing, that she has access to the Phoenix Force, being that it is not a mutant ability, and both Rachel and Jean are elsewhere, entirely. I understand Hope isn't related to Jean. There's just so much speculation, and I'm trying to settle the Jean thing, once and for all. I mean, wouldn't the X-Men recognize a Jean clone, right away? After Madelyne Pryor, I hope they wouldn't make the same mistake, twice. But they don't react to Hope as Jean's successor in any way, which leads me to believe there is no relation other than the Phoenix Force. . "
    I'm going to totally play devil's advocate here, but first I'm going to state my opinion on the matter. I think that the only thing (whether it be DNA or reincarnation or whatever) that Jean Grey and Hope Summers have in common is appearance and the PF. 

Now, onto playing Devil's Advocate. Isn't Hope from Alaska? And who else is from Alaska? Ah, yes, Maddy Pryor. 
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Illyana Rasputin said:
    I just find it really odd, or really amazing, that she has access to the Phoenix Force, being that it is not a mutant ability, and both Rachel and Jean are elsewhere, entirely. I understand Hope isn't related to Jean. There's just so much speculation, and I'm trying to settle the Jean thing, once and for all. I mean, wouldn't the X-Men recognize a Jean clone, right away? After Madelyne Pryor, I hope they wouldn't make the same mistake, twice. But they don't react to Hope as Jean's successor in any way, which leads me to believe there is no relation other than the Phoenix Force. . "
    I'm going to totally play devil's advocate here, but first I'm going to state my opinion on the matter. I think that the only thing (whether it be DNA or reincarnation or whatever) that Jean Grey and Hope Summers have in common is appearance and the PF.  Now, onto playing Devil's Advocate. Isn't Hope from Alaska? And who else is from Alaska? Ah, yes, Maddy Pryor.  "
    Maddy and Sinister is what I'm thinking.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mercy_
    @Illyana Rasputin said:
    I'm going to totally play devil's advocate here, but first I'm going to state my opinion on the matter. I think that the only thing (whether it be DNA or reincarnation or whatever) that Jean Grey and Hope Summers have in common is appearance and the PF.  Now, onto playing Devil's Advocate. Isn't Hope from Alaska? And who else is from Alaska? Ah, yes, Maddy Pryor.  "
    Maddy and Sinister is what I'm thinking. "
    I'm really hoping that it's not. But, continuing to play Devil's Advocate. Who was there from the very beginning? The Marauders.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " @Illyana Rasputin: Maybe while being in the future she might have came into contact with the Phoenix. "
    She definitely must  have at some point, I just can't think of how.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    I'm really hoping that it's not. But, continuing to play Devil's Advocate. Who was there from the very beginning? The Marauders. "
    Absolutely.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercy_
    @Illyana Rasputin said:
    I'm really hoping that it's not. But, continuing to play Devil's Advocate. Who was there from the very beginning? The Marauders. "
    Absolutely. "
    I REALLY don't want this to be the direction that they're going, it seems like a badly contrived plot device. I would much prefer that Hope be her own entirely unique character with no secret ties to anybody. But, the more I look at it, the more it seems like that's where they're going to be going with it. 
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    Absolutely. "
    I REALLY don't want this to be the direction that they're going, it seems like a badly contrived plot device. I would much prefer that Hope be her own entirely unique character with no secret ties to anybody. But, the more I look at it, the more it seems like that's where they're going to be going with it.  "
    I would prefer that Hope be her own character, but I agree with you. Hope's inception would seem to have something to do with the devious machinations of Mr. Sinister, and one late Madelyne Pryor. What, with the Marauders prescence, Maddy's relationship with Cable, not to mention the Alaska locale. That would be terribly contrived, and I hope the writers are not heading there.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mercy_
    @Illyana Rasputin: Just created a new topic in the Hope forum. ;)
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Illyana Rasputin: Just created a new topic in the Hope forum. ;) "
    Thank you! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.