Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1423 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Hope showing new types of powers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lokheit

Many people (like me) believe that her powers are the typical telekinesis+telepathy+various psionics abilities, but after reading the preview for the next chapter of second coming, where Scott realizes that her eyes were glowing like his own eyes, and returning to the Messiah complex with the cure of Rogue, I have a theory:  

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/12728storystory_full-5659005..jpg  

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/12728storystory_full-5659007..jpg 

I think that Hope's real power is to copy the powers of other mutants probably increasing the strenght of the powers she copies. This way, she manifested psionic abilities BECAUSE she was near Cable and by being in danger she triggered them acidentaly. When she was arguing with Scott she was enraged and probably again accidentally she started to manifest cyclops-like powers (remember that cyclops powers are supossed to be controlable, it was his trauma what don't allow him to control them). And a third case: rogue. During Messiah Complex touching rogue would kill anybody, so it counts like a dangerous situation to accidentally trigger Hope's powers as an autodefense system (she was born with power because Cerebra exploded detecting her). According to my theory she doesn't steal powers, only copy and increase them, and she doesn't need to touch the other. So in this case she copied rogue's power, and when rogue touched her something weird happened and she was cured. Many times when rogue has touched someone whose powers worked like her powers weird things happens. 

So this is what I think, once she realizes what her powers are she would be able to copy the power of others and channel them increasing the effects, and it's probable that with all the phoenix stuff thrown on her way, she would be able to, not only being a host, but a channel to the power of the phoenix.  

If i'm right she could even undo M-Day effects using Wanda's powers herself.

Maybe I'm wrong but it has sense on my mind right now. What do you think guys? 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.