Who will play Hercules in a marvel movie?

  • 65 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for powerherc
#51 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@westy206:

I like your idea. Butler would be a good choice to play Marvel's Hercules.

I was actually coming in to this thread to recommend that but for the life of me I couldn't think of his name...I just kept picturing the dude from 300 in my head

That makes sense.

Did you know that Leonidas (the character Butler played in "300") was supposed to be a descendant of Hercules?

Avatar image for danhimself
#52 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@powerherc said:

@westy206:

I like your idea. Butler would be a good choice to play Marvel's Hercules.

I was actually coming in to this thread to recommend that but for the life of me I couldn't think of his name...I just kept picturing the dude from 300 in my head

That makes sense.

Did you know that Leonidas (the character Butler played in "300") was supposed to be a descendant of Hercules?

no I did not....so it's like destiny that he should play Hercules as well

Avatar image for powerherc
#53 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@danhimself said:

@powerherc said:

@westy206:

I like your idea. Butler would be a good choice to play Marvel's Hercules.

I was actually coming in to this thread to recommend that but for the life of me I couldn't think of his name...I just kept picturing the dude from 300 in my head

That makes sense.

Did you know that Leonidas (the character Butler played in "300") was supposed to be a descendant of Hercules?

no I did not....so it's like destiny that he should play Hercules as well

Maybe so. If Butler were to play Hercules it would certainly explain the resemblance.

Avatar image for bigcimmerian
#55 Edited by bigcimmerian (10325 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

That's Hercules, Lou Ferrigno not sure if he could do the roles these days think he is around 60

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I think that Joe Mangilew/e is better, he must bulk up a little though.

Avatar image for powerherc
#57 Edited by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah bulked up... so long as he is bigger than Thor i think its important that if they were to bring herc into a film that his very presents illustrates strengths and power that when others look at him they go 7&$%... Thors got the hammer and lighting let herc take the spotlight for strength and power

I agree.

Whomever would play Hercules can be of approximately the stature as Thor but should be physically bigger/more muscular to emphasize his superior strength.

Avatar image for jmlee91
#58 Posted by JMLee91 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hercules does show up in a Thor movie then he'd better give Thor his customary Prince of Power greeting of a super powered fist to the face, haha

Avatar image for powerherc
#59 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmlee91 said:

If Hercules does show up in a Thor movie then he'd better give Thor his customary Prince of Power greeting of a super powered fist to the face, haha

Aye, verily!

Avatar image for leonkarlen123
#60 Posted by leonkarlen123 (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick Cage or Jet Li

Avatar image for powerherc
#61 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

God no!

Avatar image for westy206
#62 Posted by westy206 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone can play Hercules these days. The special effects in films are at a stage it could amend the physicals. Look at Hulk, Planet of the apes and so on.

Avatar image for powerherc
#63 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Hercules essentially looks human (unlike the Hulk and the apes in "Planet of the Apes") it wouldn't make sense to use CGI/special effects in place of an actual actor. The actor should, imo, physically and facially look the part while any feats of strength or demonstration of power could/should be presented using CGI/special effects.

Avatar image for westy206
#64 Posted by westy206 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Brad William Henke

Avatar image for powerherc
#65 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

No, not Henke. He's not handsome enough.

Avatar image for tremerefury
#66 Posted by tremerefury (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Hurst.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.