Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

So I know this isn't about Marvel's Herc but...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this isn't about Marvel's Hercules, but Herc is Herc and figured this would be a nice place to put it though if it needs to be moved so be it. But does anyone notice that DC's Hercules forum is just gone? I mean...I know that they treated him poorly over there, but to wipe his forum away? Seems kinda harsh...unless I clearly have overlooked something.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I know this isn't about Marvel's Hercules, but Herc is Herc and figured this would be a nice place to put it though if it needs to be moved so be it. But does anyone notice that DC's Hercules forum is just gone? I mean...I know that they treated him poorly over there, but to wipe his forum away? Seems kinda harsh...unless I clearly have overlooked something.

I did notice that. In fact, DC Hercules' entire profile page, the one separate and distinct from the public domain Hercules page, is gone. Given DC Hercules' many appearances over the decades (from the 50's til recently) and the fact that he even had his own series in the 70's, I'd say he warranted his own page here on ComiVine (which he had) and he still warrants his own page.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wish we could see the 52 version of Herc and maybe with Azz he won't be mostly a villain. I hear appears in Earth one WW but gets killed by the Amazon queen. :/

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think DC should bring Hercules back in the New 52.

Bring him back as a Hero. Definitely not as a villain.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: He has appeared in the New 52, and gets killed by WW's mom?.../sighs at DC.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Yep. She broke his neck like a twig in the preview. It was pretty gruesome but BADASS. And he wasn't always a villain Pre52. Wasn't there a point where he was helping Cassie Sandsmark and Donna Troy? I would prefer if he was vastly different from the Marvel version though. Maybe... I don't know, more attuned to his Greek rather than Roman persona. For example, being called Herakles or Alcaeus or Alcides instead of Hercules (which is Latin). But being Greek means that he'll lean more towards the villainous side of things and his name literally translates as "Hera's glory/champion"....hmm... what to do... Azz would figure something out. I already LOVE LOVE LOVE his Ares

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@wolfrazer: He hasnt appeared in the new 52 (unless the first born is hercules), he's talking about wonder woman: earth one

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolfrazer

Edit: Oh ok...well then that makes me feel better.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman

@dernman: He has appeared in the New 52, and gets killed by WW's mom?.../sighs at DC.

oops I thought you were telling me not asking me. My bad. I was like that also happened in the new 52? Yeah I was talking about Earth one.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@wolfrazer said:

oops I thought you were telling me not asking me. My bad. I was like that also happened in the new 52? Yeah I was talking about Earth one.

Ya Storm clarified that lol, cause otherwise I would be really disappointed and ****ed at DC if they done did that. But yes....when he appears in the New 52, best to have him be the hero he is....because he is. Besides now that he and WW are half siblings, would be nice to see them teamup and maybe he'll get his own series again and hopefully better showings.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.