Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Hercules (One of the greats)

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I genuinely believe Hercules should be treated as 'One of the greats' in the Marvel universe, up there alongside Thor and the Hulk.

He is physically one of the most powerful beings to ever walk the Earth with a strength level only surpassed by an enraged Hulk or the Sentry. His durability matches, for instance he survived two full power blasts from Korvac, just one of which took out an entire team of Avengers. His stamina when it comes to physical activity is sad to be immeasurable.

He's without doubt one of the greatest warriors that has ever existed, even back when he was mortal he was the greatest warrior alive and is credited with co-creating pankration the worlds first complete combat system. Since gaining immortality he has consistently beaten gods of war in physical combat and even once outfought Thor while drunk.

To sum up, Hercules has Hulk level strength and durability, he's one of the greatest warriors that's ever lived and on top of all that he has well over three thousand years experience. Although rare, when he does take a fight seriously he has the power, skill and experience to be a genuine threat to just about anyone.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, too bad that Marvel doesn't think like us.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kcomicfan

I agree. but he won't be recognised as one of the greats because in my opinion he hasn't got good comic story's or good comic story potential. so he will be a b-list hero.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am currently reading some TPBs with Hercules and yes, there should be a targeted effort to bring him back into the forefront with Marvel. There is a lot of focus on Asgard and the ten realms, but not anything with Olympic gods. I thought there might have been with what happened in Fearless Defenders, but that crashed and burned, unfortunately.

I miss Hercules. A loveable, loud braggart who can play with the biggest and strongest in the Marvel Universe. Who wouldn't like him?

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: Gods! I wish he was a b-list guy.. Almost all b listers have shown up on a cartoon, getting their own show, or on a team with a running comic series. He's more of a d-lister at this point.. I'm not exactly sure bout the numbers but if 2 movies of herc in one year can't spark a high amount of interest, I fear the worst for our guy..

Sorry to be negative

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Bring him back. He's like the Hulk only more fun. A Hulk you would get a drink with or invite round to a barbecue. A Hulk that could be your wing-man on a night out. He's like Thor but far less uptight.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By kcomicfan

@thedude4731: looking at it like that I agree he is a d-lister. which is a shame because like Thor there is so much that can be done with him.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOMEONE BRING ME A DRINK

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

Hercules is one of the greats and should rank amongst Marvel's top-tier heroes. Sadly he does not.

He's still my favorite, though.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.