Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Check out my Herc Collection. ENJOY!

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thedude4731
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

SOME OF THESE GUYS ARE ABSOLUTE "ONE OF A KIND!" THE MIGHTY MUGGs WHERE COMISSIONED (TRUE WORKS OF ART!)(ONE MORE OTW) THE MARVEL UNIVERSES ARE SOME OF MY FIRST EVER CUSTOMS AND THE 2 LITTLE ONES ON THE FAR LEFT USED TO BE MY SONS LITTLE AQUAMAN FIGURES!!! I LOVE THOSE LITTLES GUYS! ILL POST MORE PICKS AS MY COLLECTION GROWS. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

No Caption Provided
    CodeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CodeSaint

I feeling envy right now.

I didn't even knew Herc had that much of merchandise.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

SOME OF THESE GUYS ARE ABSOLUTE "ONE OF A KIND!" THE MIGHTY MUGGs WHERE COMISSIONED (TRUE WORKS OF ART!)(ONE MORE OTW) THE MARVEL UNIVERSES ARE SOME OF MY FIRST EVER CUSTOMS AND THE 2 LITTLE ONES ON THE FAR LEFT USED TO BE MY SONS LITTLE AQUAMAN FIGURES!!! I LOVE THOSE LITTLES GUYS! ILL POST MORE PICKS AS MY COLLECTION GROWS. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

No Caption Provided

Zounds! I'm impressed!

I have most of these items (even the patch from the 80's) but it's your customs that really set your collection apart. I especially like your repainted/custom Marvel Legends Hercules. I noticed you don't have either version of the Bowen mini-busts here, but I'm still envious of your customs. Good for you.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Nice!. Watch out PowerHerc! New Herc fanboy on the Vine!.. lol

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thedude4731

@CodeSaint said:

I feeling envy right now.

I didn't even knew Herc had that much of merchandise.

HEH thanks for the comment friend! i wish he had more stuff personally but here's hoping for a "Marvel Select(ya right...) "

But once his marvel universe figure hit im buying like 4!

@PowerHerc said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@thedude4731 said:

Zounds! I'm impressed!

I have most of these items (even the patch from the 80's) but it's your customs that really set your collection apart. I especially like your repainted/custom Marvel Legends Hercules. I noticed you don't have either version of the Bowen mini-busts here, but I'm still envious of your customs. Good for you.

Thanks for the comment friend. Im trying to get Herc in as many style plastic's as i can...(JLU next) oh an i got my mini bowen the other day ill post it with my JLU Herc once hes done an apart of the collection. Im glad you like the some of my projects, one or two need alittle patching up but they mosty came out just the way i wanted! Oh an the legends isnt just a repaint heh can you guess what i sculpted on it besides the obvious belt buckle?

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Nice!. Watch out PowerHerc! New Herc fanboy on the Vine!.. lol

Glade you like the collection. HAH PowerHerc will always be the lead authority when it comes to Herc.

i hope you didnt mean "fanboy" as a derogatory comment

Thanks for your time

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Another who knows Hercules is the greatest of men, heroes and gods is always welcome.

@thedude4731: I took a closer look and saw that you resculpted the chest/pectoral area making it fuller/less flat. It (as well as the belt buckle) is a great improvement.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731: Have you ever seen one of these before?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

They come up on eBay now and then.

That's where I found and bought this one.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thedude4731

WHAT THE HELL!!! DOES IT HAVE A MAKE OR MODEL? IM STUNNED IVE NEVER SEEN THIS! This might be rude but what did you get it for? or you seen it go for? The color seems alittle faded, is that the camera or just the paint job?

@PowerHerc said:

@thedude4731: Have you ever seen one of these before?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

They come up on eBay now and then.

That's where I found and bought this one.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731:

The make/model/manufacturer of this piece is unknown to me.

I've seen two or maybe three of these listed on eBay in the past two and a half years but I've never seen or been able to find any info (I haven't seen any more up for auction since I saw this one listed). It wasn't shipped to me in any kind of manufacturer or factory box, just a big cardboard box with packing peanuts. The seller didn't have any original packing materials for it and didn't know the manufacturer either.

The base it the just a simple piece of wood and the one mine is on is the same shape but not the same color as the other two I've seen. Come to think of it, the colors of the piece itself are different on every one I've seen, too. The colors are a bit on the light/muted side and I believe that's how it was originally painted to be.

I don't mind revealing how much it cost. I paid $175.00 (not counting shipping) which I consider a good deal since the one I got has a better overall paint job/scheme than the others I've seen, not to mention the overall rarity of this piece.

Here's another piece I'm aware of but have never seen for sale:

No Caption Provided

It's supposedly made by an outfit called or known as "ARH" but I'm not even sure about that.

All I know is I want this one to go along with my collection.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thedude4731

@PowerHerc: wow two really amazing pieces! it just seems so strange that their would be no info on these guys :/

Thanks for sharing

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731: You're welcome.

I agree about it being strange, especially in the current "information age" of the internet.

If you ever do see/get any info regarding either or both of these two pieces let me know, Okay? I'll do the same for you.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thedude4731

You got it friend.

i just got through with a quick google search on that last one regarding ARH studios an couldnt find anything...which im sure your having the same problem. you try contacting em?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731: No, I haven't. I don't even know if it's really from there.

It reminds me a lot of some supposedly "one-of-a-kind" Brazilian-made statues I've seen on eBay.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thedude4731

@PowerHerc: im going to contact em just to make sure its them or not. Maybe even join their forum an inquire their heh. then im going to have my wife email bowen an see if he has any idea what these are (they had some back an forth convo (email/phone) during the holidays when she tried to find the bowen statue i now own for christmas). If they are "one of a kind" "brazilian made" then CURSE YOU FOR SHOWING ME!!! hah jk. ill let you know if i find something or not.

Oh an i just bought a champions 7/11 cup i found yesterday on evilbay. pretty happy about it. I just put my bowen mini bust in my collection an im really contemplating buying the variant..at first i thought it was just a different color but the sash looks textured and the belt is different. hmmm maybe if find a good price

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731: Cool, maybe they'll have some info. Please let me know either way.

I have a couple of the 7/11 "Hercules" Slurpee cups but I wasn't even aware of a "Champions" one existing.

Now I've got to see (and most likely get) one. You've got me back! Lol.

The variant bust does have a different sash and belt. The wristbands, head gear, base and even Herc's hair (slightly in this case) are different, too. It's base on Bob Layton's Hercules outfit from the 80's. Also, Herc's head is turned in a different direction than the standard/classic bust. The Variant base is a Greek column, which looks nice, but it's not properly weighted (a little light) making the piece a bit top-heavy. I recommend getting it just the same. It's nice.I've found several of both over the years for very low prices on eBay. I bet you will, too.

Hercules - Bowen classic mini-bust
    Hercules - Bowen classic mini-bust
    Hercules - Bowen Variant mini-bust
    Hercules - Bowen Variant mini-bust

Do you have the Minimate Hercules?

Hercules - Marvel Minimate front view
    Hercules - Marvel Minimate front view
    Hercules - Marvel minimate rear view
    Hercules - Marvel minimate rear view
    Hercules - Marvel minimate face close-up
    Hercules - Marvel minimate face close-up
    thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thedude4731

@PowerHerc: haha ya ill trade you the cup for the statue lol. ill pm you if i see another. got the minimate already (must have for me) hes on the bottom right. lmk if you have/know anything eles you dont see in my pics

thanks

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731:

Nice try! Lol.

Okay, I see the Minimate now ( I don't know how I missed it ).

I'll let you know if there is anything else.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thedude4731

couple new additions

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    VicsAegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VicsAegis

Great collection of produced and rare statues, figures and collectibles! I have the two Herc's statues the regular Herc bust, the Marvel figure, the heroclix and the minimate. I would love to have a figure of Herc in his recent outfit with the shield and sword. I'm happy with my little collection, but it pales in comparison :-)

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#20  Edited By MTHarman

Not a fan of the Herc, but very lovely collection.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thedude4731

@VicsAegis said:

Great collection of produced and rare statues, figures and collectibles! I have the two Herc's statues the regular Herc bust, the Marvel figure, the heroclix and the minimate. I would love to have a figure of Herc in his recent outfit with the shield and sword. I'm happy with my little collection, but it pales in comparison :-)

Thanks for the kind words friend!! Great to meet fans of Hercules. from new guy to new guy welcome to the boards. Heres hoping for more Hercules products to increase both are collections, tell then ill continue to try an make herc is as many forms of plastic as possible! im thinking like 90s toybiz style figure next...theirs a absolute great custom one posted under hercules products i would suggest every herc fan check out!

Thanks again for your time

@MTHarman said:

Thank you Mtharman, but i must ask, have you read any of the "Incredible Hercules" Series. Its amazing! In the "Hercules Against the World" story arc, he and ares have an all out epic brawl! With good story telling and comedy to boot.

Thanks for stopping by

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#22  Edited By MTHarman

@thedude4731 said:

@VicsAegis said:

Thanks for the kind words friend!! Great to meet fans of Hercules. from new guy to new guy welcome to the boards. Heres hoping for more Hercules products to increase both are collections, tell then ill continue to try an make herc is as many forms of plastic as possible! im thinking like 90s toybiz style figure next...theirs a absolute great custom one posted under hercules products i would suggest every herc fan check out!

Thanks again for your time

@MTHarman said:

Thank you Mtharman, but i must ask, have you read any of the "Incredible Hercules" Series. Its amazing! In the "Hercules Against the World" story arc, he and ares have an all out epic brawl! With good story telling and comedy to boot.

Thanks for stopping by

Yeah,... Even though I give both series credit, and I do love the guys first appearance when going toe-to-toe with Thor, I'm more of a villain fanatic.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thedude4731
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thedude4731

im pretty happy bout my latest customs

like the 90s toybiz kevin sorbo turned into Hercules! "who knew that would work so well?" plus my new Thorcules with a Goblet of possibly... fine wine? And my newest gimmicky hercules race car...i though since spiderman, hulk, iron lad, and thor had a million of these Herc deserved one as well (really proud of it)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731: Dude, your stuff is awesome!

You have great, and original, ideas plus you chose the best possible character as your subject for all of your fine customizations.

Keep it up! I can't wait to see more. :)

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thedude4731

@PowerHerc: Thanks bro i knew you would appreciate some of these guys! i tried turning a pixar cars toy into herc but, but it ended up being a disaster. didnt have the right paint for it and those little guys have a bunch of small details that i wasnt prepared for heh. Also i wasnt sure if it would have translated into hercules...i picked out a muscle car of course (mustang/challenger) an was going to go with a orange base with green double stripe down the middle, with a car "bra" to simulate his beard but, even with all that, less i mold a gold head band with hair on the top, i dont think it would translate into "hercules".

i also got the variant mini bust today! im glad you talked me into buying it.

Plus i havent had any luck with the mystery statues. i joined statueforum.com and asked about both but the only real answer i got was that their most likely kits made in Brazil (i think the one you own is for sure) the other one was told its most likely an early ARH statue (then ppl started telling me which herc statue was better bowen/hardhero). try to contact them about it with no answer. i checked their FAQ which said:

4. Are the old kits and statues produced before the incorporation, or the ones produced in Brazil, still available?

NO! ARH Studios Inc. does not produce or sell anything that is not displayed on our website. Everything that was produced in the past is now in the past!

i was like "ook" i guess theirs some underline issue their but, its pretty clear all that it is to be forgotten on there part. The only thing i can think is searching other statue collections and if you see they have one make an offer or wait for it on ebay. whatever...im happy with my 4 statues plus, the "ARH" statue is probably way out of my price ranch. Stinks i couldnt get more info that you didnt already know.

Talk to you soon man, take care

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731:

It's good to hear from you.

I'm sorry to hear your "Cars" attempt at a custom Hercules didn't pan out. My 6 year-old son loves those characters and I would've loved showing him a "Hercules Car."

Thanks for trying to learn more about the obscure Hercules statues. I'm not surprised you weren't able to find out more. We'll both have to keep trying I guess (that's supposed to be part of the fun of collecting, isn't it? lol).

I'm glad you picked up the Hercules variant and, if my opinion influenced you to do that, you're welcome. I think it and the standard version are both worthy examples of Hercules and thus worth owning. I'll keep an eye out for more Hercules swag and I'll be sure to look in on your collection from time to time as well.

Best wishes til we speak again.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thedude4731
    No Caption Provided

This is in celebration of the new Bowen Hercules Statue yet to be released, the Marvel Universe Hercules yet to be release, an the induction of Hercules in the "Avengers Alliance" game (which i dont play heh). Its good to be a fan atm, but damn if a wasn't pissed he didnt make an appearance in any damn cartoons/comics ("Avengers Earths Mightest Heroes" im looking at you). Thought for sure he would show up. If their would be one more season, i would be positive..but cancelled... :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.