Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1278 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Will his TK be affected?

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alaric

It's been somewhat bugging me how most mutants with TK are able to use their abilities without much movement, and its been fairly well established that Hellion controlled his TK using his hands. So does anyone think now that he has lost them that this could possibly affect his powers? If he does get prosthetics (a la Karma) would they still work the same? We all know Hellions stance on mutants who have lost their powers, such as with David. I think it could be interesting to see such a contradiction with Hellion possibly losing his powers and see how the other half lives. What do you guys think?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Characters often pose to help them focus, but his hands weren't what controlled his TK.  That was his mind; which is why telekenesis is classed as a psionic power & therefore how Emma Frost was able to telepathically boost his powers during Kyle & Yost's run on New X-Men.  

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Give him prosthetics, let him keep his TK, give him a trench coat and teach him Kung Fu. 

Neo-Hellion. :D

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alaric

Yeah his Tk was controlled by his mind but it seemed to me that his hands where always a sort of a focus point. Now that that focus point is gone, I'm just wondering if there will be any big changes because of it.

@FadeToBlackBolt: He is the ONE? lmao

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized

I think it was also done for readers to get a better visual of what was going on, without drawing lines from his his forehead and expanding them so they form a shield. Emma Frost is a telepath, zero flash and sparkle when using her powers, but she'll close her eyes and touch her forehead so we get a sense of what's happening. If Emma were to ever find herself handless, she'd still be able to use her abilities.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Cherry Bomb

He could be like .. Prue Halliwell from Charmed and it able to channel her powers through her eyes aswell. [: 

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k2

My bet is he's going to be healed. There's Hope and Elixir, if he wakes up. The former is being hyped up to be this miracle worker, so I imagine she could do it; the latter hasn't been shown to regenerate limbs, but he did regrow David Alleyne's heart, and he's an Omega class mutant, so it's not out of the question yet (especially if the wounds are still relatively fresh). Should this not happen, I think Hellion will be able to work his TK just fine. All he did with his hands was channel it; the power is in his mind, and so he should be able to channel it through anything (ex. a prosthetic). He still has organic arms to lead the channel through.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SoA

maybe psi hands/blades like psylocke some kinda psi constructs as well as his tk ?, he is one of my fave characters so seeing him lose his hands really got me mad , plus his tk is green b4 that all i saw in comics tk was represented by a pink or purplelish aura

Fireheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fireheart10

I don't think it will affect his TK.

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alaric

Its funny to me since Karma got her new leg like THAT, they're really milking it on Hellion so I'm guessing (hoping) something awesome will happen. XD

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By John Valentine
    @Fireheart10 said:
    " I don't think it will affect his TK. "
    How will it not be affected? As has been stated, Julian's hands act as the focus points for his telekinesis (stated in New Mutants Vol 3); without them he is unable to channel his powers. If his hands are not regrown, and even if his hands are replaced by cybernetic prosthetics, Hellion will likely have to develop a new way of accessing/channelling his powers.
    kareem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kareem

I think his TK will still shoot down his arms but when it comes out of his stumps/prosthetics it will be much less controlled, much like the drastic change in control that came with his power increase. Even if he somehow has his hands regrown I doubt he will have anywhere near his level of control, because I figure the issue will be a psychological issue.

BrandonChow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BrandonChow

He'll just do the same poses without his hands. Nothing else will change.

MisterDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By MisterDK

I kinda want him to get TK hands if you know what I mean. For him to generate hands with his ability and have these green hands that he learns to use normally.

BrandonChow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BrandonChow
    @MisterDK said:
    " I kinda want him to get TK hands if you know what I mean. For him to generate hands with his ability and have these green hands that he learns to use normally. "
    That sounds awesome and kind of like green lantern but still cool.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By lorex

He should already have new hands. Elixir has previously regrown a heart inside someones chest. I can't see how a limb below the elbow would be any more difficult. 
    Not doing it for Hellion or Karma is just a lame plot device on the part of the writers to have them overcome a disability. Lame.

WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WoundingFactor

I don't see why his TK would be affected. Sure, his hands were always the focus before, but that's all they were: a mental trick to make it more easy to use his powers. Even if he doesn't get prosthetics (a ridiculous idea, given that he's an X-man), he'd just have to learn to do it without them.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By karrob
    @pixelized said:
    " I think it was also done for readers to get a better visual of what was going on, without drawing lines from his his forehead and expanding them so they form a shield. Emma Frost is a telepath, zero flash and sparkle when using her powers, but she'll close her eyes and touch her forehead so we get a sense of what's happening. If Emma were to ever find herself handless, she'd still be able to use her abilities. "
    Avatar image for knightinbatmanarmor
    knightinbatmanarmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellion will get his hands back. If they give him prosthetics,it'll be just like anakin, and that would be laaaame. and I think it will be for a time. He's never been forced to find another way to channel his powers. He did in fact use his hands to channel his abilities, sort of like a guide for his powers. But, they don't originate from his hands. So, this might actually be a chance for him to improve once more with hsi control over his abilities.

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alaric

Looks like we got our answer in the new X-23 issue. XD

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k2

Wahoo! And awww it was even used as part of the story! =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.