Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1278 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Is he going down a new path now??

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

Now that he lost his hands hes been a lot more bitter and angry.

Do you think that this could lead to him being a villain?? or will he bounce back and be a gruff hero still?

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By k2

Hellion will continue to be a hero. He's angry, but he still has friends he cares about, people he loves. And he believes killing is wrong. I think he'll always toe the line a bit with his brash nature but he won't cross it.

Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jubilantlad

He'll always waver. In my opinion he is somewhat like Magneto.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Jubilantlad said:
    "He'll always waver. In my opinion he is somewhat like Magneto. "

That seems to be what the writers have aimed for in the last few years... It would be fun to have some stories with Magneto & Hellion interacting.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Gawdzilla

Well Mags and Hellion had their chat in divided we stand and they'll both be in Fables and Age of X

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By eldestrisk
    @Gawdzilla: In Fables?
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gawdzilla

Fables of the Reconstruction the newest legacy arc

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alaric

Hero? Yes, but I would soooo love to see him in the anti-hero mode some day. It just works so well with his nature, walking a thin line but never being able to bring himself to cross it. X)

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eldestrisk

I'm sure writers are preparing great things for him. If not great at least a lot of things, he has a huge fan base. Anyhow, we will see lot of Hellion.

PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By PumpkinBomb

I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't at least split from the X-men at some point. They've put him through too much not to go somewhere edgy with the character, and he already hates a lot of them. I don't see him as an outright villain, but could easily be the next Magneto; he's just the kind of guy to pursue a more "proactive" agenda, if you know what I mean. 

If I were writing him, he'd eventually sell his soul to resurrect and repower the 42 mutants from the bus bombings, and his TK aura would turn red. A decent start.

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alaric

I agree in that I hope he does leave the X-Men at some point. During Divided We Stand I felt it would've been an awesome way to go.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I just hope the stop f$#%^#$ with him honestly.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Kairan1979
    @k2:

He's angry, but he still has friends he cares about, people he loves. And he believes killing is wrong. I think he'll always toe the line a bit with his brash nature but he won't cross it.

His friends? I don't remember the last time I saw Mercury, Rockslide now sides with Surge, and Laura left Utopia. And I'm not sure that he still believes that killing is wrong.
    Cyclops: "Most of us have stood there, looking down that road you're thinking of traveling.  Most of us didn't take it".
    Hellion: "No offence... but most of you didn't have the stones".
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By John Valentine
    @Kairan1979 said:

" @k2:

He's angry, but he still has friends he cares about, people he loves. And he believes killing is wrong. I think he'll always toe the line a bit with his brash nature but he won't cross it.

His friends? I don't remember the last time I saw Mercury, Rockslide now sides with Surge, and Laura left Utopia. And I'm not sure that he still believes that killing is wrong. Cyclops: "Most of us have stood there, looking down that road you're thinking of traveling.  Most of us didn't take it".Hellion: "No offence... but most of you didn't have the stones". "
    Can you blame Julian for acting the way he did?  The last time he saw Omega Sentinel was pre-MC when she was possessed by Malice and attacked the New X-men. Second to that, machines like her cost him his hands; his crippling was the last defeat in a serious of brutal humiliations. She was a liability who almost killed Hope as well as a human child. Moreover, Hellion was the only X-Man left standing after Omega Sentinel took down the other X-Men. 
    Hellion needed to take her down, but the magnitude of his reaction was questionable. I support Hellion's actions.
    We don't know of Hellion's current principles towards killing. Even after his friends' deaths post M-Day, Hellion did not kill any Purifiers. He refused to kill Kimura. Even when he was captured and infected by the Sapien League, Hellion did not kill. Whether or not Omega Sentinel is any longer human is doubtful. 

I'm pretty sure the X-Men "killed" the human converted sentinels in Operation Zero Tolerance. Rogue's a complete moron for threatening Hellion after what he did to OS. Cyclops entrusted Rogue with both the care of Hope and the younger mutants on Utopia. She should have appreciated Hellion's condition. It was Rogue's fault for selecting OS to go and help with the reconstruction, she was probably venting her own frustration at her own incompetence as a leader onto him. Rogue knows that OS has been a liability in the past. Why Cyclops would appoint Rogue to such an important role, guarding Hope's safety, is idiotic. Rogue has now shown again and again that she's a failure, specifically when it comes to being a leader and making important decisions.
    Cyclops' reaction was also ridiculous. Cyclops has risked everything to save Hope/ keep her safe, yet, Hellion, is persecuted for saving the supposed Messiah of the mutant race from likely death, when none of the other X-Men were able to do so. This is the same Cyclops who used  the teenage X-23 in his mutant kill squad, X-Force.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John Valentine

Hellion's been there for his friends, why haven't they rallied to his side? It's ridiculous/ pathetic. I'm okay with the dark loner thing as long as it only lasts for a shorter while and is not mainstay in the long run.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @John Valentine said:
    " Hellion's been there for his friends, why haven't they rallied to his side? It's ridiculous/ pathetic. I'm okay with the dark loner thing as long as it only lasts for a shorter while and is not mainstay in the long run. "
    Julian has been getting screwed massively as of late. It's quite annoying >_<
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " Hellion's been there for his friends, why haven't they rallied to his side? It's ridiculous/ pathetic. I'm okay with the dark loner thing as long as it only lasts for a shorter while and is not mainstay in the long run. "
    Julian has been getting screwed massively as of late. It's quite annoying >_< "
    Too true. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. He has so much damn potential! 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @John Valentine said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    Too true. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. He has so much damn potential!  "
    Yep. It is very frustrating. The worst part being that the damn New X-Men trades are out of print, so I can't even read when he was being written well >_>
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By John Valentine
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    Too true. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. He has so much damn potential!  "
    Yep. It is very frustrating. The worst part being that the damn New X-Men trades are out of print, so I can't even read when he was being written well >_> "
    That's annoying. I'm still hoping for an "Ultimate Collection" trade or a hardcover of the run. New X-Men, under Kyle and Yost, is by far one of my favourite series. Definitely worth hunting them down if you can. 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @John Valentine said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    Yep. It is very frustrating. The worst part being that the damn New X-Men trades are out of print, so I can't even read when he was being written well >_> "
    That's annoying. I'm still hoping for an "Ultimate Collection" trade or a hardcover of the run. New X-Men, under Kyle and Yost, is by far one of my favourite series. Definitely worth hunting them down if you can.  "
    I love Yost and Kyle, and the Ultimate Collection format, so I'm definitely with you on that one.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    That's annoying. I'm still hoping for an "Ultimate Collection" trade or a hardcover of the run. New X-Men, under Kyle and Yost, is by far one of my favourite series. Definitely worth hunting them down if you can.  "
    I love Yost and Kyle, and the Ultimate Collection format, so I'm definitely with you on that one. "
    It's a good way to catch up on whole series in two or three trades, especially for series you may have missed. Marvel's now releasing series from the Early 2000s, series which were less popular than New X-Men, so hopefully they'll be releasing New X-Men soon.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Kairan1979
    @John Valentine: you misunderstood me. I never blamed Hellion for his actions in that arc and I support his actions too.
    I just stated that his former friends either deserted him or chose the wrong approach (adding to his humiliation by offering to feed him or criticizing X-23 in front of him).
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John Valentine
    @Kairan1979 said:
    " @John Valentine: you misunderstood me. I never blamed Hellion for his actions in that arc and I support his actions too.I just stated that his former friends either deserted him or chose the wrong approach (adding to his humiliation by offering to feed him or criticizing X-23 in front of him). "
    I was expanding on what you put. 
    I agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.