Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

He's keeping his AoX Hands

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gawdzilla

Per Legacy 248 Hellion's motor skill over his TK has tripled and he's keeping his AoX hands! YAY!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

Damn straight.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Sorry. He still has his long arms. His body retuned to normal, but the level of control over his powers & prosthetics remained the same as that of Age of X Hellion who'd had years to adapt to the situation.

New Mutants #24
    New Mutants #24
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gawdzilla
     Hellion's getting ready for the Pro Ping-Pong Circuit!( I apologize for the quality of this image)  
     Hellion's getting ready for the Pro Ping-Pong Circuit!( I apologize for the quality of this image)  
    Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alaric

That may have been an artist's goof, but I'm glad he has his AoX arms They've grown on me. X)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

I've read the issue, but the "movement" makes it too blurry to see if it is the short prosthetic hands that Kavita Rao designed for him (when he had his hissy fit about 6 months ago) or the Age of X hands. That one panel in't enough information.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

I've read the issue, but the "movement" makes it too blurry to see if it is the short prosthetic hands that Kavita Rao designed for him (when he had his hissy fit about 6 months ago) or the Age of X hands. That one panel in't enough information.

"
    I'm pretty sure they're is AoX Hands. Rao comments on how impressive they were. His old Jeffries made hands were crap and she had too make modifications. I think its safe to assume we'll be seeing his AoX hands for a while. Though each artist might not get the memo when Hellion has background cameo appearances
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF

Wait is'nt Hellion the one that lost his hands during Second Coming? How did he get these new ones?

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @DEGRAAF:

Hellion got his hands blown off in Second Coming, you got this part right. In the recent Age of X crossover between Legacy and New Mutants. In Hellion's back-story we learn that Hellion got both of his arms blown off by a laser up to his biceps. In AoX Hellion had a pair of metal hands that he operated as hands...he looked a lot like the video game character Ray-Man. Now when the AoX reverted back to the 616 proper it seems that the arms came with him even though he's only missing his hands...not most of his arm.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

"
    I'm pretty sure Gawdzilla is correct. Rao states something like "not only his hands…. but his control has also improved…. blah blah blah". To me that indicates that his hands are the Age of X ones. They're not any design we've seen in 616 before.
    Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alaric

Maybe I'm just being nit-picky but in that panel it looks like he hit the ball with his right hand but his right hand is also... Gah *brain melt* XD

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Gawdzilla said:
    " @DEGRAAF:Hellion got his hands blown off in Second Coming, you got this part right. In the recent Age of X crossover between Legacy and New Mutants. In Hellion's back-story we learn that Hellion got both of his arms blown off by a laser up to his biceps. In AoX Hellion had a pair of metal hands that he operated as hands...he looked a lot like the video game character Ray-Man. Now when the AoX reverted back to the 616 proper it seems that the arms came with him even though he's only missing his hands...not most of his arm. "

Thanks. I guess the part im confused on (since i havent been able to keep up with the series) is i thought the mutants the New Mutants meet up with in AoX were from that dimension and by bringing AoX Hellion back there would be two Hellions now unless they switched and we know have their Hellion?
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    I think they look cool.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @Gawdzilla said:
    " @DEGRAAF:Hellion got his hands blown off in Second Coming, you got this part right. In the recent Age of X crossover between Legacy and New Mutants. In Hellion's back-story we learn that Hellion got both of his arms blown off by a laser up to his biceps. In AoX Hellion had a pair of metal hands that he operated as hands...he looked a lot like the video game character Ray-Man. Now when the AoX reverted back to the 616 proper it seems that the arms came with him even though he's only missing his hands...not most of his arm. "
    Thanks. I guess the part im confused on (since i havent been able to keep up with the series) is i thought the mutants the New Mutants meet up with in AoX were from that dimension and by bringing AoX Hellion back there would be two Hellions now unless they switched and we know have their Hellion? "
    Age of X wasn't another dimension like AoA, AoX was made by one of Legion's rogue personalities whom re-wrote reality to change the area around Utopia into fortress X. Then in the end Legion switched it back
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Gawdzilla
    isn't Age of X the one going on right now still?
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Kairan1979
    @DEGRAAF:
    it's already finished. In X-Men Legacy #248 we are dealing with the aftermath.
    I'm happy for Hellion. At least something good came out of Age of X.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @Kairan1979:  I agree. Its nice to see him get some positive  character development
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k2
    @Alaric said:

Maybe I'm just being nit-picky but in that panel it looks like he hit the ball with his right hand but his right hand is also... Gah *brain melt* XD

Yeah it is. I got the comic; he hit the ball with his right hand, but there is a blur where that arm would be; his right is on the other side of the table, ready to hit it back (so he's essentially playing ping pong with himself). His arms are now metal up to his shoulders; I'm not sure if that is casing or if AoX made him lose his biceps and forearms too. I wanted him to get his real arms back! =(

The dialogue Dr. Rao says:

EDIT: Hmmm I can't get the spoiler to open. Please let me know if you guys can read it....
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kairan1979
    @k2:
    don't worry; I can read your spoiler.

I wanted him to get his real arms back! =(

Me too, but it's better than nothing.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @Kairan1979: True, and its a helluva  a lot better than the metal caps he's been wearing
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xerox_kitty

Did nobody see Hellion's appearance in the X-Men Giant-Size that came out this week?  He had long arms with drippy green energy spewing out of the ends of his wrists.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Magian

Here is a better pic. Hope it hepls.

No Caption Provided
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @xerox-kitty: It seemed like just his normal metal caps on his hands that he had before AOX
    Avatar image for wishful_thinker
    Wishful_Thinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Wishful_Thinker

Redesigned hands or not, I don't care, I'm just so happy he's keeping his bad assery.

Which means he can still stop a heart with a thought  ;)
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @Wishful_Thinker: He dosen't even need to think to make X-23's heart flutter
    Avatar image for wishful_thinker
    Wishful_Thinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Wishful_Thinker
    @Gawdzilla: LOL. So true. Guuuuuuh, don't remind me. She needs to get her butt home and see him.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Wishful_Thinker:
    not before she sorts out the mess in her head.
    But I bet she'd be glad to see Hellion's new hands.
    arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By arcano_19

i dont thin he keep the aox arms, that means he lost other parts of  his arms

Mugen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mugen_

He's a freakshow now. :(

newxfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By newxfactor

His actual hands are the AoX hands, you can see clearly in the image that Gawdzilla putted that the "arm" and one of the hands are separate

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @arcano_19 said:
    i dont thin he keep the aox arms, that means he lost other parts of  his arms
    I think it was the writer's intention for Hellion is to keep them, since he is playing ping pong against his other prosthetic arm and AoX looks cooler so i can forgive the loss of his forearm  
    the problem is the artists aren't checking/being told their info before they draw causing the continuity flaws of his arms(x-men giant size)
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k2
    @Wishful_Thinker said:
    @Wishful_Thinker: He dosen't even need to think to make X-23's heart flutter 

So true!!!

@Gawdzilla
    @Gawdzilla: LOL. So true. Guuuuuuh, don't remind me. She needs to get her butt home and see him.
    This!!! =D
    rokusan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rokusan23

Elixir can re-grow-ed Prodigy's heart... And Cardiac Muscle is very complicated and dense, >:/  

Hands cant be that hard :P 

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @rokusan23: Yeah but Elixir has been MIA since the end of Necrosha
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By fodigg
    @rokusan23 said:
    Elixir can re-grow-ed Prodigy's heart... And Cardiac Muscle is very complicated and dense, >:/   Hands cant be that hard :P 
    @Gawdzilla said:
    @rokusan23: Yeah but Elixir has been MIA since the end of Necrosha

Elixir's a very powerful mutant, so like other very powerful mutants he is destined to be killed, de-powered, put on a bus (possibly to hell), or just plain ignored so that problems he'd normally be able to sweep away can be used in stories dramatically. A shame really.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k2

Elixir was mentioned on a list of mutants that may be making a reappearance. I read that in a CBR interview (can't remember if it was Mike Carey or Ellis atm). If he did, I think healing Hellion would be no problem. If the wounds are too scarred to heal...then simply cut the arms off a bit higher. If it's fresh, Josh can fix it. (Yeah I know that sounds gross but =P)

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kairan1979
    @k2

If the wounds are too scarred to heal...then simply cut the arms off a bit higher. If it's fresh, Josh can fix it. (Yeah I know that sounds gross but =P)

I'm sure X-23 can do it in two surgical strikes without hurting Hellion too much.
    umi212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By umi212

I have always wondered why doesn't Hellion talk to Wolverine about getting Iron Man to make him some better hands? It never makes sense to me that guys have access to all these resources and do not use them. He could have went to Mr. Fantastic to help him design better looking more functional hands. He has access to these great minds even the Beast could help develop better looking hands that look human and functions with his mind. I mean really no one has never thought of this? He is still a teenage boy I thought the adults or Wolverine could have did better by him.I mean Wolverine does access to Heroes especially Ironman he could really design him some nice hands with some nice gadgets to boot that works with his TK and helps him focus his power better. And get the Beast or Magneto to check them to make sure that there are no hidden devices or spyware in them. Magneto owes Wolverine a favor anyway for the Killing he did for him back in X-force. Seriously no one's ever thought of this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.