Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Darth Hellion...

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gawdzilla

Just picked up Legacy today....and damn....we might actually see Darth Hellion down the road.

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Alaric

Hellion just broke through all the levels of awesome I wanted him to. :) Now its only a matter of time for him to leave and become the dark hero we all want him to be. >:) Lets just hope he doesn't have any run ins with any volcanoes...

Overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Overkill

Holy Rao, I forgot Hellion's legacy run! It starts with Legacy 242, right?

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alaric

Yup. Pure OWNAGE. XD

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gawdzilla

Hellion's becoming the "Jason Todd" of the X-Men lol

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By John Valentine

"I won".  
    It's about damn time for Hellion to do something badass opposed to being maimed on a constant basis.  

This is the X-Men's fault.  

• Firstly, for failing to support Hellion since New X-Men. Hellion was seriously injured during Messiah Complex, left abandoned by the people he trusted (i.e. Scott and Emma, parents) in its fallout, infected with a potent strain of the Legacy Virus by a radical anti-mutant group, incarcerated by Norman Osborn after being beaten on TV and crippled by Scott's choice to defend Hope during Second Coming (as well as being gutted by Wolverine in X-23). Is it any wonder Hellion feels such rage? 
    • Secondly, for harbouring a dangerous, mutant-killing robot in their number. Ticking time-bomb.

Julian, though using excessive force, did what the other X-Men failed to do; he did what was necessary to protect them, that creepy non-mutant girl and Hope, the X-Men's primary concern, from certain death. Scott, the self-proclaimed military leader of mutants who gathered together and employed the use of a death squad to accomplish a similar goal of mutant protection, who himself has just as much force to, was entirely ungrounded in his speech to Hellion. Again, he should be pleased that Hellion saved Hope. Also, Rogue is an utter fail; appointed by Cyclops, she's meant to be looking after young mutants. Instead she has spent a large majority of her time looking after solely Hope, mostly abandoning the others; no, asking a depressed hospital patient if they want to go on a field mission to India does not count as caring for their needs. Maybe with greater support Hellion would have had greater control of his powers and thus been able to cause less fatal damage to Omega Sentinel. If Rogue had sufficiently cared for his mental needs, he wouldn't have needed to vent his rage, hate and frustration in his attack upon the robot. 

It saddens me greatly that Hellion had the potential to be such a great hero but that the X-Men have failed to make him reach this, instead abandoning him, forcing him to fall in another, darker and more violent direction. Would it be any different if Xavier were in charge of the younger X-Men or if Academy X still existed? 

Anyway, what a great issue! Seriously hope Carey, or another competent writer, picks up this plot thread at a later date. Can't wait to see how Carey writes Hellion in Age of X and if the event has any implications for him in Earth 616.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

Hellion lived up to Cyclops' legacy.  He was one of the few that knew about X-Force before the big reveal during Second Coming, and he's behaving like someone with the same lack of morality who created that 'murder first, think later' team.

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alaric

These two issues alone have made up for all the crap we've seen him go through. I mean the way I see it, Hellion has lost everything to/for the X-Men.

His inheritance, money, power, family, countless friends, and his hands.

All that rage would eventually have to erupt. Plus Cyclops is being a hypocritical &*%$ and Julian was calling him out on it. I just hope that when its time for Hellion to go on his own he won't be a lapdog for a wanna-be-magneto figure. 

Also, "Teke Force"? His midichlorian count must be off the charts!!! XD

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine
    @Alaric said:
    " These two issues alone have made up for all the crap we've seen him go through. I mean the way I see it, Hellion has lost everything to/for the X-Men.  His inheritance, money, power, family, countless friends, and his hands.  All that rage would eventually have to erupt. Plus Cyclops is being a hypocritical &*%$ and Julian was calling him out on it. I just hope that when its time for Hellion to go on his own he won't be a lapdog for a wanna-be-magneto figure.   Also, "Teke Force"? His midichlorian count must be off the charts!!! XD "
    Don't forget, OS attacked Pixie at one point. Word spreads. She hasn't always been on amicable terms with the New X-Men, let alone mutants on the whole. Moreover, it was a Sentinel that caused Hellion to loose his hands. 
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @Alaric:  Indeed he must have more midiclorians than Master Yoda
    eter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By eter
    @John Valentine:
    Karima was possesed by Malice, so it wasn´t her fault.
    Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Virus_Warning

Dude, what issues are these?
    -Virus

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @Virus_Warning: X-Men Legacy #242-243
    eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By eldestrisk
    @Gawdzilla said:
    " Hellion's becoming the "Jason Todd" of the X-Men lol "
    Just what I was thinking!!
    zmikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zmikey

I like that he's becoming his own person and not being a sheep by following Cyclops and thinking differently, but didn't he say he wouldn't kill Kimura because that would sink them down to their level (or something on that lines)? Is it that the X-Men have failed him so much that he's left all morals he was taught behind out of spite, or is it that all the sh*t that's gone on with him has made him crazy, maybe even form a split-personality?  
    I'd personally love that- the Hellion from New X-Men, then the new and improved Hellion that we see now, who just doesn't give a sh*t about consequences and outcomes. I believe it'd bring even more depth to his character, and would also affect other characters- namely Laura, Emma, Scott, Cessily and Santo. I also believe that a huge factor of his change in attitude is Laura's leaving, as she was one of the only people he could trust and rely on, and maybe even love. Like I said, I do like this new Hellion, but sooner or later the writers will make his life even worse. "JUST LEAVE JULIAN ALONE!"

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @zmikey said:
    " I like that he's becoming his own person and not being a sheep by following Cyclops and thinking differently, but didn't he say he wouldn't kill Kimura because that would sink them down to their level (or something on that lines)? Is it that the X-Men have failed him so much that he's left all morals he was taught behind out of spite, or is it that all the sh*t that's gone on with him has made him crazy, maybe even form a split-personality?   "

The Hellion we have now is vastly different than the Hellion we have in NXM because of all the shit that's happened to him. Since he spared Kimura he's been: beaten, gutted, kidnapped, injected with Legacy Virus, Hands blown off and more that its only natural that today's Hellion is more cynical and realistic than his earlier self.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine
    @eter said:
    " @John Valentine: Karima was possesed by Malice, so it wasn´t her fault. "
    Invalid point. She still posed a threat, like she did this time.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By danhimself

man Cyclops was being a hypocritical a$$....how is it ok for him to sanction X-Force and then turn around and punish Hellion for doing what it took to protect Hope...what an a$$

Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Virus_Warning

I picked it up today...Hellion just got super awesome
    I agree with most people above, he has changed a LOT since NXM
    Admittedly Karima is a machine and not a human so he wasn't really "killing" anyone so he (so far) hasn't totally lost his morals
    And he's rather angry at Sentinels, considering
    But Cyclops does need to pick a side.  He could have at least been happy that the only person hurt was Omega
    TKs have a habit to take out huge areas and people not just the target but he only hit Omega and yet he only rode him on hurting the girl
    I like it so far, though
    This'll probably help lead to Age of X since Hellion's important in that too
    -Virus

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20  Edited By SC  Moderator

I hope we don't see villain Hellion. Angry rebellious Hellion is much better. I am glad he got to lash out verbally at Cyclops and powerwise against Karima. Its tough as in, a bit sad seeing him in his current spot, considering himself dealing without friends. So right now he still has his jerky arrogant side but its somewhat justifiable considering his own personal experiences. I think its a shame that none of the X-Men really sat him down and tried to get him explain what he specifically done wrong. Doesn't he realize Karima has had it tough as well, and the moment he starts considering her just a machine, without realizing her human side he effectively becomes as bad as the anti mutant racists. He might end up with robotic hands or limbs. One day in the future some angry and aggressive kid might lump him in with Sentinels. 

Its also cool having another powerful TK user floating around Marvel. Regardless of what happens to Hellion, and my preference is on the side of staying good, and hopefully wising up just a tad, I just hope he doesn't lose his edge.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skaddix

marvel does not suffer from a lack of tks

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22  Edited By SC  Moderator

Good male TK users that might be used on a regular basis? Marvel doesn't really suffer from lack of any type of character if you, you know, look hard enough. lol

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mistersarcastic

If Hellion's character does in fact go down the road of "Darth" then I wouldn't actually mind seeing him turn around and kick the X-Men's a**es. I've gotten tired of every writer using him as some punching bag  to either take the blame for something petty, or get the snot beat out of him. I especially wouldn't mind him giving Scott a TK backhand -__- The kid has put up with so much garbage from the X-Men (well not ALL) and continues to fight for them and remains the bravest X-Student. I mean d*mn...give the kid a break. So yes... I look forward to this "Darth Hellion."

edited: had some grammar errors in there >.<

Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Virus_Warning
    @mistersarcastic said:
    " If Hellion's character does in fact go down the road of "Darth" than I wouldn't actually mind seeing him turn around and kick the X-Men a**es. I've gotten tired of every writer using him as some punching bag  to either take the blame for something petty, or get the snot beat out of him. I especially wouldn't mind him giving Scott a TK backhand -__- The kid has put up with some much garbage from the X-Men (well not ALL) and continues to fight for them and remains the bravest X-Student. I mean d*mn...give the kid a break. So yes... I look forward to this "Darth Hellion." "
    Exactly
    -Virus
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mistersarcastic

So I just noticed a difference between Julian's robot prosthetic  from X-Men Legacy and the Age of X events. Why in Legacy are the prosthetic limbs a complete set, but in Age of X he has the hands, the forearms, the shoulder plates...basically every part of the arms save for the biceps?

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @mistersarcastic:  Because he wants to be like Ray Man....

But in all seriousness he looks bad ass in AoX
    Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lokheit

Hummmmmm while I find it interesting that he had a power up and the actitued he showed, I'm afraid about him ending up as a villain because it would probably lead to an story arc where he goes crazy and is finally killed by X-23 probably bringing a very emotional chapter of the story but cutting this character from the books. 

I prefer it to develop into him going ruthless but at one point, his actions accidentally cost the life of one of his friends (scept for Mercury :P, wich would be hard to kill anyway and has passed a lot of trouble to foucs another tragic event on her and she and Hellion are my favourite new-x-men). This would make him the perfect dark hero that has experienced how getting out of control can hurt his beloved ones and now is a hard worker for the dream that tortures himself with the memories of what he did looking for self-redemption.  This would make him jump from teenager to adult mentally.

On a side note: I don't think that Summers is being hypocrite. What Summers did was wrong and he knows that. He took a decission (a very hard one, unlike Hellion that was happy with the decission) for the sake of all the people that he had to care for, but he recognizes that what he did was wrong and that in a situation that wouldn't involve the complete decimation of the mutant race he would never acted like that. People on charge need to make hard decissions. The fact that he did something wrong doesn't mean that he has to let everyone to do things wrong, he has to put some control over his people or everything will be a total chaos.

Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Virus_Warning
    @Lokheit said:
    " I prefer it to develop into him going ruthless but at one point, his actions accidentally cost the life of one of his friends (scept for Mercury :P, wich would be hard to kill anyway and has passed a lot of trouble to foucs another tragic event on her and she and Hellion are my favourite new-x-men). This would make him the perfect dark hero that has experienced how getting out of control can hurt his beloved ones and now is a hard worker for the dream that tortures himself with the memories of what he did looking for self-redemption.  This would make him jump from teenager to adult mentally. "
    Dude...I hope they go this way epic idea
    And Hellion and Mercury are the two best New X-Men, I agree
    -Virus
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By John Valentine
    @Lokheit said:
    " Hummmmmm while I find it interesting that he had a power up and the actitued he showed, I'm afraid about him ending up as a villain because it would probably lead to an story arc where he goes crazy and is finally killed by X-23 probably bringing a very emotional chapter of the story but cutting this character from the books.  I prefer it to develop into him going ruthless but at one point, his actions accidentally cost the life of one of his friends (scept for Mercury :P, wich would be hard to kill anyway and has passed a lot of trouble to foucs another tragic event on her and she and Hellion are my favourite new-x-men). This would make him the perfect dark hero that has experienced how getting out of control can hurt his beloved ones and now is a hard worker for the dream that tortures himself with the memories of what he did looking for self-redemption.  This would make him jump from teenager to adult mentally. On a side note: I don't think that Summers is being hypocrite.   
     What Summers did was wrong and he knows that. He took a decission (a very hard one, unlike Hellion that was happy with the decission) for the sake of all the people that he had to care for, but he recognizes that what he did was wrong and that in a situation that wouldn't involve the complete decimation of the mutant race he would never acted like that. People on charge need to make hard decissions. The fact that he did something wrong doesn't mean that he has to let everyone to do things wrong, he has to put some control over his people or everything will be a total chaos. "
    We've had Hellion deal with the death of his friends and mature as a result of it before. Given the scarcity of the remaining New X-Men, we don't really want to lose any more.  

Of course Cyclops is being a hypocrite. Although Hellion's reflective viewpoint on the matter is dispassionate, he acted in the only way possible, made clear in the issue, to save the Mutant Messiah. Scott would have done the same in putting Omega Sentinel down, the only difference would have been his remorse.  
    No matter the intent, the outcome still remains the same; death of a threat to protect mutant-kind. If anything, it's partly Scott's fault, as leader of the X-Men, for allowing Omega Sentinel to remain among their number, knowing the potential danger she could cause.
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mistersarcastic

I agree with John V, another New X-Men doesn't need to die, especially not to cause Hellion to grow a more adult/adolescent mentality and tenor. And if yet another tragic event happens to him (which i'm sure he will become the writers are being huge douchers to him lol) I wouldn't mind seeing a few other chain of events that lead up to him being secretly inducted into the X-Force. I'm sure that won't happen, but it'd be pretty interesting if it had.

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lokheit
    @John Valentine: 

My point is that the death would be caused by his ruthless actions.I don't want any new x-men to die (ok, Blink, but because I find this character pointless but that's not the point :P) but I would prefer any of them except for Mercury dying instead of having an story arc resulting on Hellion becoming a bad guy and the emotive scene of X-23 killing him made in a manner that people would cry for this couple (if someone should kill him if he becomes mad, that's Laura). This would be a cool story as I said, but it would erase one of my favourite students from the world, and I don't want that happening.   

So I prefer him becoming a dark hero than a villain, he has a lot of potential, specially with his story with X-23, so if a minor character needs to die (or being heavily injured) in order to make him past the last tragic event he needs to mature (a tragic event caused by him instead of something happening to him), I prefer it this way. 

@mistersarcastic:

Hummm that X-Force idea sounds good, would need good reasons and event after that, specially since the kid is now on evaluation and Logan and Warren probably don't want to transform him into a psycho knowing his actual state of mind, but seeing him being forced to mature by his girlfriend daddy would be really really FUN to wacth: "Hey kid, what'ya intentions with mah little sweet girl?"  SNIKT!

He could learn how hard things are without needing to go ruthless and cause the kill of a friend. But it would need a good story explanation, some sort of Logan seeing that the evaliation period isn't going to help him and deciding to help the kid taking him for an x-force ride so he knows how bad the world and their enemies can be and convince him that he doesn't want to belong to that type of ruthless people.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gawdzilla
    The idea of Julian on X-Force is an idea i fully approve of but i doubt it will happen. It would be cool to see Warren, Betsy, and Logan mentor him in various ways. But the reasons i HIGHLY doubt he'll end up on X-Force are as follows: 1) Betsy has TK, so having another Telekinetic would be redundant (Though having a pure Telekinetic would open Betsy to focus on her telepathy and ninja skillz). 2) Julian's still a kid. Logan didn't like the idea of Laura or Josh being on the previous X-Force so i doubt he would approve bringing on another kid, plus he knows about Laura's feelings for Julian and putting him in a position where Julian could be killed on an daily basis would piss Laura off to no end. Hell it might even cause her to come back on the team so she could make sure Julian's ok. And there's no way in Hell Logan's going to allow Laura back on X-Force while he's still around. Though that being said Julian could learn a lot from being on X-Force.
    Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lokheit
    @Gawdzilla:  Well, X-Force writter aparently said that he isn't going to use Betsy TK. Anyway we agree in that despite it would be cool, is very unlikely to happen, this is why I still think that my 2 first options are the more probables.
    The V0id

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The V0id

They can do so much with the character, Hellion. He can go either way, be a hero or a villain. I would like to see him stay on the hero side, though recently I think losing his arms made him extremely bitter and he still distrusts Hope. 

Anyway, I think his robotic hands are cool. He should keep em.

HandOfGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HandOfGod

What bugs me about the hands issue is what happened to Elixir? Couldn't he just regrow new hands for Julian? He has grown a whole new heart before?!...what is the big between a heart and a hand? 
    Anywho everyone is right about Cyclops being a hypocritical little $#!t as always, Rogue being an utter fail. The X-men today suffer from a serious lack of integrity, real leadership, and self-awareness. Scott is slowly turning into my least favorite character. I miss Storm in as the leader of the X-men, and wish she wasn't Queen of the Wakadans(bleh), and I would take a Phoenixy-Jean over Hope Summers- -who is slowly turning out to be almost as annoying as Layla Miller during her hayday....Dear Marvel, will you please stop making Mary Sues, and attempting to transform your readers favorite anti-heroes like Hellion into Gary Stus....

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k2

Elixir is off to parts unknown; this was explained off-panel by K & Y in an interview. He stayed behind to heal the wounded on the island after Necrosha (in Genosha I believe). Now, apparently he's on a trip to 'eat at every McDonald's in the world and find himself' kind of thing, dealing with having to kill Wither. Lame, if you ask me.

I don't want to see Julian going evil. I thought this arc was poorly handled based on the following: 1) Karishma is in a COMA. He didn't even kill her. Given the circumstances of the attack (his protecting Hope and innocents), this is justified. 2) The panel where he walks off saying he has no friends and is alone. Huh? Excuse me, what happened to Mercury, X-23 and Rockslide? I'm aware that X-23 left the island, but her all her actions before that should have made her concern for his wellbeing clear enough to suggest she is his friend. And Mercury has always been one of his best friends (not to mention she's indestructible). Rockslide is another of his best friends who has undying loyalty, although I don't like how he's been written lately, appearing to be more of Victor's/Surges friend. But still...Hellion is hardly alone.  

I'd like to see him being a dark hero, or perhaps going after X-23, or being on X-force...but NOT a villain.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gawdzilla

X-Man and Hellion  they could be the Batman & Robin of the X-verse

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.