Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

anyone don't like hellion?

• 135 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

as i said ,i don't like hellion ,i believe even Megan don't like hellion.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Don't be silly. Everyone likes Hellion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt:
    not everyone ,lots of not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellion is another kind of Flash Thompson  ,  Flash Thompson  was a jock and a bully that loved picking on Peter Parker throughout highschool, Ironically he is also Spider-Man's biggest fan ,and i know lots of this kind person ,those people like him ,because they are same type of person like hellion and Flash Thompson ,BADGUY.
    LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By LauraX23

I don't like Hellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LauraX23:
    glad to hear that again:)
    Mantaray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mantaray

I don't like Hellion, not a real hate, but don't like him. He said some mean things to Laura when she was at the Academy. He didn't stand up for her when the others trashed her out of earshot. Laura must have liked him out of pure warrior loyalty, because he saved her life, but he wasn't ever that good to her. She needs to get into a bad romance with someone like Gambit. You know, just so the fans can read and snear, "Oh that dog! He's lying and cheating on her! Dump em!" Then Laura will be left even more bitter, heartbroken, and disillusioned, entrenching her loner attitude even more. The fans would love it!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

I didn't used to like him.  I don't care for all-confident bullying types.  But good writers have told good stories with him, shown him in more interesting light & given him more depth.  Now, I like the character because I feel he actually has character.

pixie_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By pixie_child

@ka385385:
    I have mixed feelings. I didn't really care for him most of the time in New Mutants (II), and in New X-Men (II) he was usually a jackass. But I liked him when he was "himself" around Wind Dancer (not posturing) and when interacting with his squad. 

I lost all respect for him though, after House of M in the way he treated David for loosing his powers and the way he got over Sofia leaving in two seconds.

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alaric

I think Hellion is quite awesome. The way I see it during the Academy X run it would've been quite boring if everyone agreed and praised each other over a job well done. Hellion provided the extremes of the other side of the same coin and it made for a great read I say, no conflict, no fun. Think about it, without Hellion after M-Day it would have been nothing but a boring pity party. Now that his character has made some strides into development on his own I personally see Hellion with great makings of an anti-hero, I kinda wish he'd leave the X-men for a while to venture out on his own but for now I don't think that's anywhere near the future. Also, in the way most dislike him for his connection to X-23 I share some views but in an opposite manner. I would like to see Hellion develop on his own and not just for his ties to X-23 (as it's been done numerous times now). So like him or not he still got your attention I say. :)

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

I like Hellion. I think he really developed as a character.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f5ed08c4c
    deactivated-5c63f5ed08c4c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Hellion because (at first)he hides his true self(he only showed it to Sofia Mantega [the girl which he has a soft side on]) from his peers by being a jackass just like a normal teenager to have the image of being cool and bad-ass and with all the events that happened in his life he begun to show his true self to his friends and stopped acting like a jackass and started acting like an X-Man to protect and prevent any of his friends from leaving or dying.  read Mercury Falling and the Quest for Magik to learn more about  the character(unless you read it already) and see if he is still a immature jackass or a qualified X-man.

Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jubilantlad
    @JoseDRiveraTCR7: Yeah and I believe that for the mutant kind to survive, they need some tough skinned people who won't give up like Hellion.
    NANA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NANA

I do not like him one bit

Braxxis7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Braxxis7

Apparently the writers dont like him because he's always getting ripped apart and almost near death or completly overlooked. 
    but i see the potential for an awesome character
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @Braxxis7:  it does seem like that doesn't it? Chris Yost has said before that despite Hellion's parade of getting his  ass kicked (most of them written by Yost and kyle) that he is one of his favorite characters. Despite his constant maiming ...he's still around.

Hellion is one of the few NXM characters that we as readers have seen grow. We watched his elitist assholeness in New Mutants and into Academy X. In Academy X we see that beneath the ego he's a ok guy. In NXM we see him risk his life his friends, we also see a teen who's life, view of the world and sense of reality get shattered. From there on we see him as a protester for mutant rights and now we see a bitter and angry( which he has every right to be) young man whose been crippled.  Mike has informed us that Legacy's Nov and Dec issues will deal with Hellion getting over his anger.

Also it seems that despite X-23 dealing with Wovie being possessed by demons , Liu will be addressing X-23 and Hellions relationship. Should be interesting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she still shouldn't stick with that jerk!
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

not sure why this isn't on the helion page but whatever.
    initially when he was with the Helions I thought he was a huge D-Bag but i guess after he lost his hands he cut that out 
    no sure if i like the handles helion yet but he is better than handed helion

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By John Valentine
    @ka385385 said:
    " Hellion is another kind of Flash Thompson  ,  Flash Thompson  was a jock and a bully that loved picking on Peter Parker throughout highschool, Ironically he is also Spider-Man's biggest fan ,and i know lots of this kind person ,those people like him ,because they are same type of person like hellion and Flash Thompson ,BADGUY. "
    Well, you clearly haven't read a lot about him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    " Hellion is another kind of Flash Thompson  ,  Flash Thompson  was a jock and a bully that loved picking on Peter Parker throughout highschool, Ironically he is also Spider-Man's biggest fan ,and i know lots of this kind person ,those people like him ,because they are same type of person like hellion and Flash Thompson ,BADGUY. "
    Well, you clearly haven't read a lot about him. "

NO NEED ,JUST A SINAL LOOK AND I KNOW WHO THE HELL HE IS ,I MEET SOME GUY LIKE HIM BEFORE!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HELLION! STAY THE FRIGGING AWAY FROM X-23!

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Hellion is awesome. He and Laura belong together.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John Valentine
    @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    NO NEED ,JUST A SINAL LOOK AND I KNOW WHO THE HELL HE IS ,I MEET SOME GUY LIKE HIM BEFORE! "
    You've met a crippled telekinetic who's had his life destroyed for those he loved/trusted? Cool.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John Valentine
    @ka385385 said:
    " HELLION! STAY THE FRIGGING AWAY FROM X-23! "
    Too bad Laura fancied him first.
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    " HELLION! STAY THE FRIGGING AWAY FROM X-23! "
    Too bad Laura fancied him first. "
    HAHAHA I see what you did there haha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    NO NEED ,JUST A SINAL LOOK AND I KNOW WHO THE HELL HE IS ,I MEET SOME GUY LIKE HIM BEFORE! "
    You've met a crippled telekinetic who's had his life destroyed for those he loved/trusted? Cool. "

not the past ,the behave, i know that jock act like.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John Valentine
    @ka385385 said:

" @John Valentine said:

" @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    You've met a crippled telekinetic who's had his life destroyed for those he loved/trusted? Cool. "
    not the past ,the behave, i know that jock act like. "
    Well, Hellion's been shown to be completely different than the stereotype you're putting forth. Your argument is unfounded.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:
    "@ka385385 said:

" @John Valentine said:

" @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    Well, Hellion's been shown to be completely different than the stereotype you're putting forth. Your argument is unfounded. "

GO!SHOO!  
    HE DOESN'T BLONG HERE OR WITH YOU--NOT ANYMORE. 
    SOUNDS FAMILIAR? 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I KNOW MEGAN KINNEY WON'T LIKE HELLION.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gawdzilla

why the hell are you posting caps? I gives off the aura that your yelling at your computer because people don't agree with your Hellion Hate. 

He's a great character who Mike Carey is giving a key role into Age of X so get ovah it

/end thread

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By John Valentine
    @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    "@ka385385 said:

" @John Valentine said:

" @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    Well, Hellion's been shown to be completely different than the stereotype you're putting forth. Your argument is unfounded. "
    GO!SHOO!  HE DOESN'T BLONG HERE OR WITH YOU--NOT ANYMORE. SOUNDS FAMILIAR?  "
    What are you on about?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @ka385385 said:
    " I KNOW MEGAN KINNEY WON'T LIKE HELLION. "
    @ka385385 said:
    "GO!SHOO!  HE DOESN'T BLONG HERE OR WITH YOU--NOT ANYMORE. SOUNDS FAMILIAR?  "
    Don't post in CAPSLOCK.  It gives the impression that you're shouting, which is unnecessary.   

1, Megan Kinney has never met Hellion.  To mention her is like saying 'Daken wont like Hellion'.  There's no connection, other than X-23 and since she hasn't seen her cousin in a couple of years then it's doubtful that Laura's would-be-but-never-was boyfriend will meet Megan any time soon. 

2, Make sense.  Don't randomly 'shout' things at other members.  We don't appreciate spam.
    Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Virus_Warning

Personally, Hellion is one of my favorite characters
    At least, now he is
    I like him for the same reason I like Emma Frost (at times).  They're powerful, mean, used-to-getting-their-own-way but when push comes to shove they're there when you need them
    Hellion more than Emma, though
    I love Mercury Falling, he really shows that he cares about "his team" that isn't technically his team anymore
    And X-23 should stay away from Hellion, each time she shows up he gets maimed and/or killed ^^
    I think he should go back to hanging out with Mercury
    -Virus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    " I KNOW MEGAN KINNEY WON'T LIKE HELLION. "
    @ka385385 said:
    "GO!SHOO!  HE DOESN'T BLONG HERE OR WITH YOU--NOT ANYMORE. SOUNDS FAMILIAR?  "
    Don't post in CAPSLOCK.  It gives the impression that you're shouting, which is unnecessary.    1, Megan Kinney has never met Hellion.  To mention her is like saying 'Daken wont like Hellion'.  There's no connection, other than X-23 and since she hasn't seen her cousin in a couple of years then it's doubtful that Laura's would-be-but-never-was boyfriend will meet Megan any time soon.  2, Make sense.  Don't randomly 'shout' things at other members.  We don't appreciate spam. "

oh ,trust me ,i know megan kinney ,i'm the same kind of person like her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:

" @ka385385 said:

" @John Valentine said:
    "@ka385385 said:

" @John Valentine said:

" @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    GO!SHOO!  HE DOESN'T BLONG HERE OR WITH YOU--NOT ANYMORE. SOUNDS FAMILIAR?  "
    What are you on about? "

from new x-men ,and the first time they meet ,hellion said what are you looking at ,CLONE ,becuase of those words ,i know he's a d!¢£. 
    死渾球...
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Virus_Warning said:
    " Personally, Hellion is one of my favorite characters At least, now he is I like him for the same reason I like Emma Frost (at times).  They're powerful, mean, used-to-getting-their-own-way but when push comes to shove they're there when you need them Hellion more than Emma, though I love Mercury Falling, he really shows that he cares about "his team" that isn't technically his team anymore And X-23 should stay away from Hellion, each time she shows up he gets maimed and/or killed ^^ I think he should go back to hanging out with Mercury -Virus "
    Nice post :) 

This part made me laugh.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @ka385385 said:
    "oh ,trust me ,i know megan kinney ,i'm the same kind of person like her. "
    Doubtful. Megan was kidnapped by a pedophile and spent many years traumatised by events.  When she finally met someone whom she felt she could identify with, it was with her 'cousin' who had been engineered to be a clinical killer. She then observed her mother's boyfriend being killed, and had her life threatened yet again.  The only way for Megan & her mother to assume a 'normal' life was to go on the run & assume new identities.   

If you have any claim to being like Megan Kinney, then you should be in a witness protection programme... and would not make such frivolous claims on the internet. 

But going back on topic, Megan has absolutely no direct connection to Hellion.  Any claim that she wouldn't like Julian is complete make-believe.  Your own personal bias against a character doesn't change the fact that Megan has never met Hellion & is unlikely to in the near future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    "oh ,trust me ,i know megan kinney ,i'm the same kind of person like her. "
    Doubtful. Megan was kidnapped by a pedophile and spent many years traumatised by events.  When she finally met someone whom she felt she could identify with, it was with her 'cousin' who had been engineered to be a clinical killer. She then observed her mother's boyfriend being killed, and had her life threatened yet again.  The only way for Megan & her mother to assume a 'normal' life was to go on the run & assume new identities.    If you have any claim to being like Megan Kinney, then you should be in a witness protection programme... and would not make such frivolous claims on the internet.  But going back on topic, Megan has absolutely no direct connection to Hellion.  Any claim that she wouldn't like Julian is complete make-believe.  Your own personal bias against a character doesn't change the fact that Megan has never met Hellion & is unlikely to in the near future. "

not that part ,i and megan both loner and outsider ,you suppose to look at people's character ,not history or condition.
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By blacharrt

i don't like what he's turning into, he became very whiny... i mean really whiny.  and this "teke-force"  I don't like the term.  He is starting to remain me the wither just before he left.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @ka385385: Megan's History & condition are integral to her character.  But you keep ignoring the fact that Megan has NO connection to Hellion.  So there is no reason to presume whether she would like Hellion or not.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt said:
    "i don't like what he's turning into, he became very whiny... i mean really whiny.  and this "teke-force"  I don't like the term.  He is starting to remain me the wither just before he left. "
    LET'S FACE IT ,WHAT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND ,ME AND MEGAN AND PETER PARKER THIS KIND OF PERSON ,PEOPLE KNOW AS FREAK. 

@xerox-kitty said:
    " @ka385385: Megan's History & condition are integral to her character.  But you keep ignoring the fact that Megan has NO connection to Hellion.  So there is no reason to presume whether she would like Hellion or not.   "

i have the same feeling too ,i think he should pay for what made wither end like that.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @ka385385: Megan's History & condition are integral to her character.  But you keep ignoring the fact that Megan has NO connection to Hellion.  So there is no reason to presume whether she would like Hellion or not.   "
    Exactly. For all we know Megan could develop a crush on him!
    stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By stu630

i think hellion is a pretty good  character and i cant wait to see him in Age of X..whatever that is...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ka385385 said:
    "@Gawdzilla said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    Exactly. For all we know Megan could develop a crush on him! "
    NO ,SHE WON'T ,I CAN PROMISE YOU ,MEGAN WILL WISH SHE CAN CRUSH HELLION HERSELF. AND IT'S NOT ALL WE KNOW ,IT'S WHAT YOU KNOW ,DON'T INSULT MEGAN KINNEY ,OR YOU CAN GET ME REALLY PISS ,I MEAN IT! YOUR WON'T MAKE MY HEART FULL WITH HELLFIRE... "

NO ,SHE WON'T ,I CAN PROMISE YOU ,MEGAN WILL WISH SHE CAN CRUSH HELLION HERSELF. 
    AND IT'S NOT ALL WE KNOW ,IT'S WHAT YOU KNOW ,DON'T INSULT MEGAN KINNEY ,OR YOU CAN GET ME REALLY PISS ,I MEAN IT! 
    YOUR WORDS MAKE MY HEART FULL WITH HELLFIRE...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mean words.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @ka385385 said:

" @blacharrt said:

"i don't like what he's turning into, he became very whiny... i mean really whiny.  and this "teke-force"  I don't like the term.  He is starting to remain me the wither just before he left. "
    LET'S FACE IT ,WHAT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND ,ME AND MEGAN AND PETER PARKER THIS KIND OF PERSON ,PEOPLE KNOW AS FREAK. 

@ka385385 said:
    " @Gawdzilla said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    Exactly. For all we know Megan could develop a crush on him! "
    NO ,SHE WON'T ,I CAN PROMISE YOU ,MEGAN WILL WISH SHE CAN CRUSH HELLION HERSELF. AND IT'S NOT ALL WE KNOW ,IT'S WHAT YOU KNOW ,DON'T INSULT MEGAN KINNEY ,OR YOU CAN GET ME REALLY PISS ,I MEAN IT! YOUR WON'T MAKE MY HEART FULL WITH HELLFIRE... "

Dude, you taking this WAY to seriously. So take a take a deep breath and calm down. 

I was called a freak all during my time during grade school. But people changed: enemies became friends, friends become enemies. Its cliche but its true.  

Now im sorry that kids bullied you to the point where you hate a character who at one point was a jock/rich kid. 

About a decade ago i could promise you that Peter/ MJ and Scott and Jean would be together till the end of comics....but boy was i wrong. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @ka385385: If you can't control your temper & stop posting in CAPSLOCK like a normal & rational person then this thread will be locked.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @xerox-kitty: This might be a good idea, because i got as many Star Wars characters have declared a "Bad Feeling About This" thread. I think its only going to snowball into something ugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gawdzilla:
    that's why i like comic ,but comic is not real world ,no matter how much i wish ...
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    " @ka385385: If you can't control your temper & stop posting in CAPSLOCK like a normal & rational person then this thread will be locked. "
    English is a second language for him, that maybe why he isn't getting what you are saying.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.