Follow

H'el

Character » H'el appears in 51 issues.

H'el is a Kryptonian clone created from the cells of countless Kryptonians. He came to Earth seeking to destroy it in order to restore Krypton by using the energy released to protect his space-ship during time travel. Resolving to save Krypton, H'El believed that Superman could help him, so he began watching him and everyone close to him, such as Superboy and Supergirl.

New Superman Villain or a re-imagine

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As pointed out, it seems he is corrupted, with odd scars on his body. Could this be

• Bizzaro
    • "the first clone" (maybe even the new Match)
    • the eradicator
    • Cyborg Superman; His name begins with an H, what if he later adopts the name "Hank" after getting cybernetic implants after being seriously injured or degraded? -> a stretch, i know
    • A replacement/amalgamation of 2 or more of these characters?

Or do we get a new villain altogether before some of the old favorites return?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

I just hope he's not Bizarro. That would be the lamest reimagining ever.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@SmashBrawler said:

I just hope he's not Bizarro. That would be the lamest reimagining ever.

Same here. While I have to say the skin color and scars make him pretty similar to Bizarro as does the backwards S-shield, I think he might just be a new character and the skin and backwards S are a nod to Bizarro.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jointron33

@Smart_Dork_Dude: Why would that be lame? What would be lame is to keep Bizarro stuck in the Silver Age.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

He's not Bizzaro. I read that he was meant to be Bizzaro but that he became so different that the decided to make him his own character.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@jointron33 said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude: Why would that be lame? What would be lame is to keep Bizarro stuck in the Silver Age.

I like Bizarro, he's my favorite DC villain. Why you may ask? Because really nothing he does is intentionally bad. He thinks he's helping and thinks he's a hero, he just messes up whether it be to him not being able to use good judgement or due to his backwards logic.

H'el on the other hand is not Bizarro material, in fact he seems more Eradicator to me than Bizarro. I think he's a cool looking character, in fact if they were to bring Bizarro back and he looked like H'el only with an actual Superman-like costume then I'd be fine with it, but H'el isn't Bizarro to me. However given his costume I can very easily see him wearing the "Bizarro #1" necklace.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Dernman said:

He's not Bizzaro. I read that he was meant to be Bizzaro but that he became so different that the decided to make him his own character.

I can see that. I don't mind an intelligent Bizarro, but it's a little jarring not to have a version that doesn't do the "Me am" thing which is why I don't really care for most live action versions, though I do give Smallville credit for TRYING to use the classic Bizarro design. I can take or leave the opposite speak.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dernman: Intresting

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By crowncoke

I was thinking when I first saw the teasers that he was Bizarro, but I dont see it now. I think with the Zero issue, he is more along the line fo a Clone that sided with House El and did not revolt. I cannot wait to get all of the issues so that I can read thru this at one time. I would love to find out he was a clone of Jor El or some other El family member and that is why his loyalties are with the family. So much could happen with this character. I hope they do not use and destroy him, but find a way that he could be a recurring issue, advesary, ally (or all 3) in future Supes stories. As a Clone, he could actually be the one Hel Kon El learn to control his powers (especially since his seem similar to his more so than Kal or Kara).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

I think Lobdell said H'El was meant to be the New 52 Bizarro but that his character developed so much in writing H'El on Earth that he's his own character. I see him as a completely new villain of Superman's to face.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

@drgnx said:

As pointed out, it seems he is corrupted, with odd scars on his body. Could this be

• Bizzaro
    • "the first clone" (maybe even the new Match)
    • the eradicator
    • Cyborg Superman; His name begins with an H, what if he later adopts the name "Hank" after getting cybernetic implants after being seriously injured or degraded? -> a stretch, i know
    • A replacement/amalgamation of 2 or more of these characters?

Or do we get a new villain altogether before some of the old favorites return?

God I hope not,Henshaw is one of my favorite bad guys.

And H'el is just another forgettable Superman wannabe like Preus and Ultraman.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@entropy_aegis: Maybe he is the New 52 Ultraman, They already integrated Owlman into Batman with the whole court of the Owls thing so maybe they went the same route here

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By entropy_aegis

@joshmightbe said:

@entropy_aegis: Maybe he is the New 52 Ultraman, They already integrated Owlman into Batman with the whole court of the Owls thing so maybe they went the same route here

Possible,but the Owlman reveal wasn't exactly a stroke of genius,it was quite poor actually.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@entropy_aegis: Wasn't saying it was good, just saying it happened

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By Squalleon

@Dernman said:

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr_Holmes

So looks like anyone can have their own forum on this site, huh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.