Follow

Heihachi Mishima

Character » Heihachi Mishima appears in 17 issues.

Head of Mishima Zaibatsu. He is the Patriarch of the Mishima line and the driving force behind the Tournaments of the Iron Fist. Heihachi is also an extremely robust and powerful fighter.

Tekken 6?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    Where's the Tekken 6 thread?  I actually prefer Tekken over Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.  Here's the latest trailer from Giant Bomb. 

Click HERE if you want more info on the story, new characters and some more images.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
    Wow... the Game looks amazing. Awesome Graphics Indeed... I guess you cant expect anything less from Tekken though
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

I've always loved the graphics and ominous backstories at the end of each character's fight/mission.  I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk here since the other fighting franchises seem to have some talk going.  I wasn't sure if I was just missing the thread but I couldn't find anything.  I do think fighting games can get boring and redundant but I've always gone back to Tekken with each game.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lantern Prime

Wait a second I never heard of giant bomb before!!! So its basically the Video game site version of comicvine just like Animevice is the anime version of this site? Are there anymore?

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Acheron

I love me some Tekken. I can't wait for it to come out. My fave characters are Christie, King, Raven, and Jin.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lantern Prime

I dont even know any Tekken fighters. Im a Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter expert.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Lantern Prime said:
    "Wait a second I never heard of giant bomb before!!! So its basically the Video game site version of comicvine just like Animevice is the anime version of this site? Are there anymore?"
    WHAT?!? 

Yeah, it's the same format.  We have a political site which is about the exciting world of politics.  "Are there anymore?"  Not yet...
    And if you don't know about the Tekken characters or want to know more, head over there and read up.  It's basically run by dudes that used to be at gamespot.com.
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lantern Prime
    G-Man said:
    "Lantern Prime said:
    "Wait a second I never heard of giant bomb before!!! So its basically the Video game site version of comicvine just like Animevice is the anime version of this site? Are there anymore?"
    WHAT?!? 

Yeah, it's the same format.  We have a political site which is about the exciting world of politics.  "Are there anymore?"  Not yet...
    And if you don't know about the Tekken characters or want to know more, head over there and read up.  It's basically run by dudes that used to be at gamespot.com."

Oh thats wassup. You should one on the TFs..naw just messin with yah.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Tekken would out do Street Fighter if it wasn't so highly anticipated.A new Tekken comes out every other year while the last Street Fighter came out in like '00.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

It looks sooooo good!  I always loved the cheesy stories they tacked on to the characters!!  Shame I can't get as hyped up about the film though...

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hadrelius

Looks great. I'm with you G-Man. I like Tekken better than Street Fighter (but I like DOA more thna Tekken).

Avatar image for the_instant_classic
    The Instant Classic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tekken 6 looks serious, can't wait.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Alpha said:
    "Looks great. I'm with you G-Man. I like Tekken better than Street Fighter (but I like DOA more thna Tekken)."
    Hmmm...I wonder why?  Ha ha.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hadrelius
    G-Man said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Looks great. I'm with you G-Man. I like Tekken better than Street Fighter (but I like DOA more thna Tekken)."
    Hmmm...I wonder why?  Ha ha."
    Stop reading my bad thoughts! : )
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    xerox-kitty said:
    "It looks sooooo good!  I always loved the cheesy stories they tacked on to the characters!!  Shame I can't get as hyped up about the film though..."
    Cheesy? The stories behind the characters are actually pretty good.Alot more realistic than Street Fighter.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
    Vance Astro said:
    "Tekken would out do Street Fighter if it wasn't so highly anticipated.A new Tekken comes out every other year while the last Street Fighter came out in like '00."
    True Indeed...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Vance Astro said:
    "xerox-kitty said:
    "It looks sooooo good!  I always loved the cheesy stories they tacked on to the characters!!  Shame I can't get as hyped up about the film though..."
    Cheesy? The stories behind the characters are actually pretty good.Alot more realistic than Street Fighter."
    I would play through every character just to watch them, even though they were too short.  Great graphics.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    G-Man said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "xerox-kitty said:
    Cheesy? The stories behind the characters are actually pretty good.Alot more realistic than Street Fighter."
    I would play through every character just to watch them, even though they were too short.  Great graphics."
    Agreed.The fighting styles are executed alot better.I like Street Fighter more because of the gameplay and the character roster but you can't deny Tekken is coming up.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Vance Astro said:
    "xerox-kitty said:
    Yeah, I love that cheesy stuff!  The artwork was nice, and the voice over was pure cheddar!  The plots were okay, but given the short amount of time they had to tell a story they couldn't be too long or in-depth... but I'm not dismissing it... I love it that way!!  As for Street Fighter, I barely remember any of the stories from that, and they were all kinda... well, boring really.
    I love the fact that the moved in Tekken may be outrageous, but when you've been playing it for too long you start to imagine doing them yourselves.  The same effect after you've been watching a Bourne film... that suddenly you're hard as nails and can miraculously perform hardcore martial arts that would take years to perfect ;)  Street Fighter is all about the Lightning Kick & Haddouken.  Snore!!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    xerox-kitty said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "xerox-kitty said:
    Yeah, I love that cheesy stuff!  The artwork was nice, and the voice over was pure cheddar!  The plots were okay, but given the short amount of time they had to tell a story they couldn't be too long or in-depth... but I'm not dismissing it... I love it that way!!  As for Street Fighter, I barely remember any of the stories from that, and they were all kinda... well, boring really.
    I love the fact that the moved in Tekken may be outrageous, but when you've been playing it for too long you start to imagine doing them yourselves.  The same effect after you've been watching a Bourne film... that suddenly you're hard as nails and can miraculously perform hardcore martial arts that would take years to perfect ;)  Street Fighter is all about the Lightning Kick & Haddouken.  Snore!!
    "
    I don't know what you are talking about.I don't see anything cheesy about the voice overs or the storyline.In fact there is very little dialouge in Tekken.Also..how can you say the stories from SF are boring..but you don't know any of them? Street Fighter's storyline is damn near the same as Tekken's..you have the main character with a dark side,a Rival,and Asian chick who knows Tai Chi who is close to the main character...it's all the same stuff.Tekken's storyline is just executed better.
    Street Fighter isn't all about Hadouken or Lightning Kick..i'm just going to assume you don't even play Street Fighter.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xerox_kitty

Geez, not everything is an excuse for bitter rebuttles.  You don't have to put down everything you disagree with... especially when someone was (technically) agreeing with you.

Actually, I grew up playing Street Fighter & thought that Takken (when it came out) would be a 3D P.o.S.   It was when I started to play it that I grew to love it.  I think SF is horrendously out-dated, despite it's hardcore following.  It doesn't even look realistic compared to the moves in Tekken.  

But they are just beat-'em-ups.  They're about beating the snot out of your opponent with unbelievable combos and outrageous moves.  Street Fighter really IS just about Lightning Kick and Hadouken.  Just as Tekken is about brutally hard hitting guys and under-wear flashing girls.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    xerox-kitty said:
    "Geez, not everything is an excuse for bitter rebuttles.  You don't have to put down everything you disagree with... especially when someone was (technically) agreeing with you.
    Actually, I grew up playing Street Fighter & thought that Takken (when it came out) would be a 3D P.o.S.   It was when I started to play it that I grew to love it.  I think SF is horrendously out-dated, despite it's hardcore following.  It doesn't even look realistic compared to the moves in Tekken.  

But they are just beat-'em-ups.  They're about beating the snot out of your opponent with unbelievable combos and outrageous moves.  Street Fighter really IS just about Lightning Kick and Hadouken.  Just as Tekken is about brutally hard hitting guys and under-wear flashing girls.
    "
    I'm not bitter and I didn't put you down either.The things you say ask for a response.
    Like you saying.."Street Fighter is horrendously outdated".Why do you think they revamped it? This too.."It doesn't even look realistic compared to the moves in Tekken". Do you think Capcom meant for it to look real? You think they would have went with that art style if they were going to try and out do Namco on realism?

They aren't beat-em up's either.They are fighting games.Street of Rage,Final Fight,and Urban Reign are beat 'em ups.Street Fighter is not about Hadouken or Lightning Kick...if you don't like the game...that's fine but don't make up stuff.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn
    I wish I was better at Tekken and Street Fighter fighting games... so I could actually challenge folks Online

lol
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gmanfromheck

Hey, no fighting in a fighting game thread!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

G-man, Did you get my PM?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26  Edited By The_Martian

Looks cool, I was never big into this series though.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Vance Astro said:
    "If you don't like the game...that's fine but don't make up stuff."
    *facepalm*  making things up?  God forbid I should I have my own opinion!  Someone (not me!!) is really missing the point & sucking all the fun out of this thread.  I feel absolutely no shame in saying that I LIKE TEKKEN MORE THAN STREET FIGHTER.  If you don't like that, then tough cuz God knows I'm sick & tired of explaining WHY.  
    Colt Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Colt Stampede
    xerox-kitty said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "If you don't like the game...that's fine but don't make up stuff."
    *facepalm*  making things up?  God forbid I should I have my own opinion!  Someone (not me!!) is really missing the point & sucking all the fun out of this thread.  I feel absolutely no shame in saying that I LIKE TEKKEN MORE THAN STREET FIGHTER.  If you don't like that, then tough cuz God knows I'm sick & tired of explaining WHY.  "
    Opinons are opinons...but when you say "Street Fighter is all about Hadouken's and Lightning Kick" That is false.So again..if you like Tekken better that's fine but don't make stuff up.
    leky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By leky
    G-Man said:
    Lantern Prime said: "Wait a second I never heard of giant bomb before!!! So its basically the Video game site ... [more]
    More specifically Ryan Davis and Jeff Gerstman
    MercenaryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MercenaryX

JIN AND KAZUMA FTW

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

So did anyone here bought it? I sure did :P

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Sparda

Really great game, IMO. The campaign sucks, but the fighting is extremely solid and fun and I like it more than Street Fighter now. The online play wasn't as bad for me as everyone was saying it was, but it was a bit iffy. They're going to be putting out a patch to (hopefully) fix it, though, so that's good.

(I didn't buy it, I just rented it, since I'm really cheap)

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Street Fighter FTW. tekken is just button mashing. hit Y button 9 times and there ya go. a 9 hit combo.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sparda
    @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    " Street Fighter FTW. tekken is just button mashing. hit Y button 9 times and there ya go. a 9 hit combo. "
    Not really.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @Sparda said:

" @BiteMe-Fanboy said:

" Street Fighter FTW. tekken is just button mashing. hit Y button 9 times and there ya go. a 9 hit combo. "

Not really. "
    Yup. It's just my opinion but Tekken is just really boring to me and a rip-off.

Ganryu = ripoff of E. Honda (basically wears same sumo outfit,color and all)
    Marshal Law = ripoff of Fei Long (yet i do kno fei long is a rip-off of bruce lee, but you know what i mean)
    Paul = rip off of Ken (come on even the gi is similar)
    Jinpachi Mishima = Akuma.
    Jin = definately Ryu.
     Jack = Guile... again same outfit.. green tank top and camo pants

and just throw in random grizzly bear and panda bear? and a kangaroo and raptor with boxing gloves?......no. just stop.
    IDK. you guys entitled to your on opinions. as it is just a video game.. but thats just what i think
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sparda
    @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    " @Sparda said:
    " @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    Not really. "
    Yup. It's just my opinion but Tekken is just really boring to me and a rip-off.  Ganryu = ripoff of E. Honda (basically wears same sumo outfit,color and all)Marshal Law = ripoff of Fei Long (yet i do kno fei long is a rip-off of bruce lee, but you know what i mean) Paul = rip off of Ken (come on even the gi is similar) Jinpachi Mishima = Akuma. Jin = definately Ryu.  IDK. you guys entitled to your on opinions. as it is just a video game.. but thats just what i think "
    Oh, I have no problem with your opinion about Street Fighter being better, but saying that you can pull off nine hit combos by pressing Y nine times in Tekken is false.

Pressing Y nine times might get you two hits off (and they'd be the same animations, since they don't chain) before the person on the other side autoblocks and then hits you back. Button mashing in Tekken is just about suicide since it takes away your ability to block at all and the opponent can just interrupt you for a Counter Hit and do more damage, or pull a reversal out.

Ganryu being a rip-off of E. Honda is only halfways since E. Honda is just what a sumo wrestler looks like in general......he's not much of an original character in himself. Paul kinda looks like Ken, but only with the Gi. His head and fighting style are very different.

Law being a rip-off of Fei Long is just silly. C'mon. I wouldn't say Jinpachi is a ripoff of Akuma since he was only in 1 game.....if anything, Heihachi is Akuma, or maybe Devil Jin.

Jin is just the leading male character. Aside from that, he and Ryu are nothing alike, both in fighting and character (except for the Devil gene and Dark Hadou connections).
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

IDK I just think alot of them just kind of ripped off the looks of some SF characters... but a good thing about Tekken is all the unique fighting styles. 

i was kind of just exagerating about the hit Y 9 times combo thing...combos are just easy to pull off on that game. you could easily get your ass kicked by someone who JUST started playin the game AND sucks at fighting games, and you been playing for years..... It happened to me. And i use to contend in Tekken tournys and usually get top 3.

btw i had to look up if SF ripped off ne thing and i found this site, it's kinda of cool how most of the people 'influenced' the SF characters.

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/ripofffolder/ripoffpage1.html

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sparda
    @BiteMe-Fanboy: That's a cool site. I never realized the similarities between Alex and Hogan, especially his stare down with Hugo. Cool stuff.

Oh, you could get your ass kicked by someone who doesn't play the game much, but if you know your stuff you should be able to pull out wins when you deserve it. What I'm trying to say is that the game isn't really cheap or it doesn't have many broken aspects to it, in my opinion. I've been playing Tekken for a while and I've never had that experience happen to me, although you can't tell how long your opponent has been playing online very well anyways, so maybe.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @Sparda said:
    " @BiteMe-Fanboy: That's a cool site. I never realized the similarities between Alex and Hogan, especially his stare down with Hugo. Cool stuff.  Oh, you could get your ass kicked by someone who doesn't play the game much, but if you know your stuff you should be able to pull out wins when you deserve it. What I'm trying to say is that the game isn't really cheap or it doesn't have many broken aspects to it, in my opinion. I've been playing Tekken for a while and I've never had that experience happen to me, although you can't tell how long your opponent has been playing online very well anyways, so maybe. "
    Yeah! E Honda looks just like that sumo wrestler off of Nintendos Arm Wrestlers game.. on the rip-off page 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.