Heavy Metal issue #289 is the next step in Science Fiction. Including a FREE augmented reality app for iPhone and Android, this is Heavy Metal’s first truly interactive issue. Issue #289 features an international roster of creators:
- THE DOOR – Written by Michael Moreci (Black Star Renegades) and Drawn by Esau Escorza (Taarna), Part 1 of the 3 chapter story finds a character lost in a terrifying world in search of her identity.
- Grant Morrison & Benjamin Marra team to bring you the bizarre “true” story of what happened when William S. Burroughs interviewed Davied Bowie for Rolling Stone Magazine in 1973 – TEN SOUNDS THAT IDENTIFY A KIND OF PERSON.
- Rob Shield introduces us to the NEON WASTELAND, a distant future where technology and mankind have merged. Added bonus that the story comes alive with the Heavy Metal AR App!
- Richard Corben continues to amaze with part 2 of his 15 chapter epic – MURKY WORLD.
- THE COLOR OF AIR chapter 6 inches us closer to the conclusion of Enki Bilal’s opus.
- Innovative concept artist, BEEPLE, showcases a gallery of his work, which he posts daily on Instagram.
- THE CHIMERAN by Paul Goodenough and Ben Oliver present us with a case of anthropomorphic love gone wrong.
- Concept artist, Tony Leonard, shows a terrifying future where man has left hope behind in THE WOMB.
- ROB SHIELDS gives a fully mixed reality gallery compatible with the Heavy Metal Magazine AR App
- Grant Morrison interview on his new hit show, “HAPPY!”
List of covers and their creators:
|A||Cover A||Jonathan La Mantia||1|
|B||Cover B||Sven Sauer & Igor Posavec||2|
|C||Cover C||Ryan Brown||3|
|D||Cover D (Heavy Metal Exclusive)||Rob Shields||4|