razzatazz's Heart Throbs #130 review

Avatar image for razzatazz

Imagine the shock

This is another I have found in the trade paper back Hearth Throbs, coincidentally with the same name as this series.  Here I actually know I am only reviewing one of an anthology because the other stories are listed on the cover.  Anyway the story at hand is Like Father, Like Daughter.  The story here is actually not that bad, and I can see why it was chosen for the Best of Romance collection.  Young Cindy feels like an outcast because of a social stigma attached to her father.  This does not deter Ted who loves her anyway as apparently does his parents.  Of course things don't exactly turn out as planned.  There is a bit of a twist at the end, the same kind of hokey twist that happens in cheap romance novels, but then it comes back to be something else.  I am not sure if the writer intended it this way as a sort of tongue-in-cheek reference to other romance stories, but for me it was actually kind of entertaining (and so not knowing either way I will assume it was on purpose.)  As I said, I can't speak for the rest of the issue, but this story was good.  Also on a side note as always I loved the mod girl inspired clothing.