Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4820 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

why does nobody like hawkeye?

• 68 results
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @--Anubis-- said:
    90% of Marvel characters will take him down easily "
    Completely false.
    THALASTDRAGON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By THALASTDRAGON

i like hawkeye.  and i like him more than green arrow who i never really cared much about until his current series (thank u krul and neves).  and several people commented on hawkeye's color scheme, i think it looks cool, it helps that blue is my fav color and purple is one of my other favs.  i actually like several archers, including shaft from youngblood.  but back to hawkeye, he has been in some mini's that i would like to check out.

MrErbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MrErbac

I like Hawkeye. That cowl and mask he wears is cool. I don't care what anybody says, the purple and blue make him unique. He was a circus performer after all. His look is one that makes him more than just another archer. The other thing is, he's got no powers, but is useful to the Avengers. That makes him cooler. He's smooth with the ladies too. Too bad there gonna take away what's unique about him in the movie.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#54  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

How can you not like Hawkeye?!?!?! 

He's the Avengers original Bad Boy 

He makes purple look cool for Pete's sake!!! 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @IAMtheHERO said:
    " I think he is very complex character. And a very cool one at that. Yet he doesn't have the fame someone like Green Arrow does.????????????????????? "
    Green Arrow has the following few things going for him:
    Better supporting cast: Black Canary,Harper,Hawke,Mia,Eddie fryers etc
    Better villians: Onomapoaiea(spelling),Constantine Drakon,and at one point or another Lady Shiva and Deathstroke.
    Better stories:For some reason Arrow can hold entire ongoings worth a 100 or so issues.Has Hawkeye ever exceeded 50?
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RedHoodJT

I for one like both. As they are both the archer based characters for the two main publishers of comics. I can't really say who I like more. But I've been a fan of Hawkeye a lot longer than Green Arrow. Hawkeye is the only Avenger I even like. The rest of them I can't stand. And to those of you that say Hawkeye is worthless because he has no superpowers, that is just lame. Captain America is far more lame than Hawkeye. He was a skinny little runt that gets a serum injected to make him bigger and he runs around tossing shields. Yea real cool. Hawkeye is a master archer. A REAL precision shooter.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By TDK_1997

I like Green Arrow more but I like Hawkeye too.I knew about him 1 year after I got into comics

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I've warmed to him. I often wonder why he hasn't been in any of the Alliance games.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @Omega Ray Jay: He was in the first one for PSP. You could be three new people exclusive to only the PSP system. Hawkeye, Captain Mar-vehl, and I think Black Widow. It might have been four but I'm not sure on that.

@TDK_1997
    : I'm the opposite. I like Hawkeye more and didn't learn about Green Arrow until I got more into comics.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ReVamp

I like both, GA a tad bit more, however I think HE is more likeable.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @ReVamp: I'll agree with you that Ollie is easier to like. But Clint has that badass "I know I'm the best" attitude that you can't help but like because its true.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ReVamp

@RedHoodJT

LOL. Major fail on my part. I guess now I know why Everyone uses GA as a shortened version for Green Arrow, but still spell out Hawkeye.

Allow me to correct my post.

@ReVamp said:

I like both, GA a tad bit more, however I think Hawkeye is more likeable.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Omegus
    @RedHoodJT said:
    @ReVamp: I'll agree with you that Ollie is easier to like. But Clint has that badass "I know I'm the best" attitude that you can't help but like because its true.
    You know why he has that "I know i'm the best" attitude? Because he earned it in his life. Where as Ollie was a rich playboy who had accesses to whatever he wanted because he was rich. Clint worked hard for everything he had . The man could have been the next captain america because he was the closest thing to being Steve without the SS juice. He stood toe to toe with the likes of Electra and Iron Fist and Iron fist even called him his equal in combat. (And he uses Mystic Martial Arts). He out witted a elder of the universe with a game of chance.   He beat the Shi'ar villain Deathbird (who is no easy task) and pisses her off by kissing her. 
    Clint Barton no matter what universe he is in is the BEST Human hero EVER in my mind. He is a man who no matter what obstacles and heart aches came his way pushed through and raised above all expectations. 
    Plus he is in love with the hottest woman in Marvel still (Mockingbird) Bring Back the series!!!!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @IAMtheHERO said:
    " I think he is very complex character. And a very cool one at that. Yet he doesn't have the fame someone like Green Arrow does.????????????????????? "
    Green Arrow has the following few things going for him:Better supporting cast: Black Canary,Harper,Hawke,Mia,Eddie fryers etcBetter villians: Onomapoaiea(spelling),Constantine Drakon,and at one point or another Lady Shiva and Deathstroke.Better stories:For some reason Arrow can hold entire ongoings worth a 100 or so issues.Has Hawkeye ever exceeded 50?
    You can only say that Green Arrow has better things in all of those areas because Hawkeye doesn't have them at all.He doesn't have his own book,he doesn't have a supporting cast, and he doesn't have villains aside from the Circus of Crime however Shiva and Deathstroke aren't Green Arrow villains.They are more Batman villains than anything.Hawkeye's purpose is being an Avenger.He isn't one of the originals but he is a veteran and he has been a valid part of the team since his creation.
    Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Omegus

@Vance Astro
      Ever since Jim Mccann arrived on the scene , Clint has had more life in his role in Marvel. He really made Crossfire into a more "Hawkeye" Specific villain in marvel and Mockingbird with the rest of the WCA are awsome supporting characters. The H&M series was amazing too bad marvel put all their eggs in one basket and cancelled all the series they started. Now with Barney Barton as the new Trickshot that brings Hawkeye villains to 2 by my count. I think Marvel are idiots for getting rid of Mccann as writer for Hawkeye.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @Omegus: I couldn't have said that better myself. You are dead on with that. He is the best. And he doesn't have millions to get him what he wants just will.
    The_Nerd_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__anubis__: Some people actually like to see a character with no special powers on these teams. He doesn't NEED powers. Heck, he doesn't even need to be rich. It's called an underdog. People like 'em. The world ain't all about power.

@rabbit_tots: He makes purple work.

Here's the thing: most people love Hawkeye. It's just that haters and DC fans who assume he has no originality(they both use bows! IT'S A RIPOFF! Mockingbird and Nightwing both have fighting sticks! IT'S A RIPOFF!) decide to rant about how terrible a character he is more often than the people who love Hawkeye decide to talk about how great he is. He's cool. He's original. Haters gonna hate. Haters gotta deal with it.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By pastepotpete1

@brc2000 said:

I'm pretty sure Hawkeye is more popular than Green Arrow. Even before I got into comics I knew who Hawkeye was.

me too and i just suspected that dc had its own archer " green arrow"

@omegus clint beating death bird is pretty impressive iceman couldnt beat death bird she zapped him after he freezed her she is a tough cookie ooops this post is 4 years old i doubt he will respond i should quote it next time

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.