Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4822 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Should Movie Hawkeye Have Bionic Eyes?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Since movie Hawkeye is far more inspired by the Ultimate version than the regular 616, should he have the bionic eyes like he does in the comic?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

What does it matter?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@farkam said:

What does it matter?

Why does it not?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FearTheLiving

Since movie Hawkeye is far more inspired by the Ultimate version than the regular 616, should he have the bionic eyes like he does in the comic?

I don't see why he would need them, he was shooting people just fine in Avengers even blindly slinging arrows and hitting them on the money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

No. Even if Hawkeye is more inspired by the Ultimate Universe they should now try and go for a more balanced approach with it.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I completely forgot Ultimate Hawkeye has enhanced eyes. I guess though they do need to emphasize more on his marksmanship if they're going off the Ultimate universe more where he using guns as well

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I don't see why he would need them, he was shooting people just fine in Avengers even blindly slinging arrows and hitting them on the money.

That's my point. He was doing all that crazy stuff in the UU and then it was later revealed he could do it because he had bionic eyes.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

That's my point. He was doing all that crazy stuff in the UU and then it was later revealed he could do it because he had bionic eyes.

I prefer it if he's trained to be that good, but I suppose I wouldn't care if they said it was the SS program's bionic eyes.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@jonny_anonymous: Considering his archery feats, I think he should. Some of those feats he performed are probably impossible for even the best archers on the planet.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: It's a comic book movie...with a aliens, deities, and a raging monster I don't think a master archer is that hard to fathom lol.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: It's a comic book movie...with a aliens, deities, and a raging monster I don't think a master archer is that hard to fathom lol.

But there is at least reasons for those other things you mentioned where as Hawkeye is that good just because.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. But Cap was only able to replicate the feats with his shield as a super soldier. So it only makes sense that in order for Hawkeye to equal Cap, that his vision and shot-planning must also be enhanced. It wouldn't be hard to fathom cybernetic eyes in a universe of aliens, gods, and a raging monster. :p

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I'm going to say no I like what he did in the Avengers so far.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: I'm saying what if he was able to do the things in Avengers 'coz he had bionic eyes already.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FearTheLiving
    Batman can fix his back by getting it punched, but Hawkeye's getting shit cause he can do the one thing he's meant to do..fare enough.
    Batman can fix his back by getting it punched, but Hawkeye's getting shit cause he can do the one thing he's meant to do..fare enough.

@erik: @jonny_anonymous:

In other words it's just a state of belivability people do a lot of things that people actually can't do in movies, you don't need to explain someone blind firing arrows lol

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: It doesn't have to be believable in any way, it just has to have a reason that fits in that universe.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: And the reason is he's an awesome marksman there doesn't need to be a greater reason than that.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@feartheliving: There kinda does, he's the only one of the Avengers that doesn't have a reason as to why he can do what he can do, not even a mention of some advanced prototype training or anything.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Forget it, I'm not going to argue this. Let's just say he was shot by a radioactive cupid and be done with this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I guess it could work if something would happen to him during a fight with Ultron? And Stark could come up with his bionic eye.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@farkam said:

What does it matter?

Why does it not?

That doesn't answer my question.

Neither did yours

I'm supposed to answer your question when I asked first? Yeah right. Now that i've looked over the thread I see the answer. You could have just saved me the trouble instead of answering a question with a question, but okay.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Erik

@erik: @jonny_anonymous:

In other words it's just a state of belivability people do a lot of things that people actually can't do in movies, you don't need to explain someone blind firing arrows lol

So I'm just supposed to believe that a normal person is just as good, if not better than a super soldier that is the absolute pinnacle of human perfection? Sorry but cybernetic eyes would make much more sense. Why do you think they did it in the Ultimate universe when they didn't have to at all?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I don't know about him having "bionic eyes" but I could see them revealing that Clint was given some kind of enhancement (possible an off-shot of the Super-Soldier Program?) that gave him enhanced vision and reaction time.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FearTheLiving

@erik: What are you talking about? Better at archery than Cap? You bet your ass the dude trained his whole life. Why would Cap be better? As for the Ultimate Universe who knows? They made a lot of changes they didn't have to do, maybe they just wanted stuff to be different. Change =/= Better or Worse it just makes it different. I mean that's like saying why did they create the Ultimate Universe, they didn't have to at all.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erik

@feartheliving said:

@erik: What are you talking about? Better at archery than Cap? You bet your ass the dude trained his whole life. Why would Cap be better? As for the Ultimate Universe who knows? They made a lot of changes they didn't have to do, maybe they just wanted stuff to be different. Change =/= Better or Worse it just makes it different. I mean that's like saying why did they create the Universe at all they didn't have to at all.

Doesn't matter that Hawkeye trained his whole life, he is performing feats that no human could do with their archery. Captain America is better than any human can naturally be via the super soldier serum so it wouldn't matter if Hawkeye trained for 5 lifetimes, Cap should still be better. Change doesn't equal better but it is nice when the two go hand in hand like it would if Hawkeye turned out to have cybernetic eyes or some other kind of enhancement.

Besides, the movieverse is taking quite a lot from the Ultimate universe's pages anyway.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FearTheLiving

@erik: I never said I was against him having the eyes. As for Cap I have no idea what you're talking about, since when does SS serum make you knowledgeable in every field? If that's the case why isn't Steve as smart as Stark or Banner in Avengers? I'll say what I said before Hawkeye is a peak archer that exist in that world a world of fiction that is believable to our standards that it can be done if you were trained to do that. It's not realistic but believable in the logical sense that he's trained to do that.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Erik

@erik: I never said I was against him having the eyes. As for Cap I have no idea what you're talking about, since when does SS serum make you knowledgeable in every field? If that's the case why isn't Steve as smart as Stark or Banner in Avengers? I'll say what I said before Hawkeye is a peak archer that exist in that world a world of fiction that is believable to our standards that it can be done if you were trained to do that. It's not realistic but believable in the logical sense that he's trained to do that.

You and I are clearly talking about two very different things here. Never did I say or imply that being a super soldier makes you a genius in every field. You're just being silly now or are trying to make a strawman. But if you want to know how being a super soldier makes Cap knowledgeable in anything combat-related, well...

No Caption Provided

Besides, I wasn't talking about Captain America firing a bow and arrow. I said Hawkeye is able to perform feats similar to what Cap does with his shield. Things that are practically impossible. It would make much more sense that Hawkeye has some kind of enhancement due to him being capable of what is humanly impossible. I think the notion that anyone can perform as Hawkeye can with 'a lifetime of training' is stupid and really, you should too. Plus, I don't think Hawkeye's training has ever been elaborated upon in the movies. So how do you know he got that way from simple training?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FearTheLiving

@erik: Same could be said about Cap learning any weapon in 10 seconds where in the movie does it say that? What are these super feats you are suggesting Hawkeye did that he does better than Cap? Aside from blind firing I can't think of anything to grand that would make him able to train to do it (in a comic book sense of logic). And personally I do like to think of Hawkeye as a guy who just trains and surpasses people in the skill makes him awesome when he's competing with these superheroes just slapping he's got SS program kind of diminishes that essence that makes him awesome. Apparently Batman is the only hero that can get away with that around here :P

Like I said if they go that route I won't be to disappointed I mean I already have the 616 version so I'm happy if they take from the Ultimate I just prefer Hawkeye to have that I'm just a man aspect about him hanging with these powerful forces.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik

@erik: Same could be said about Cap learning any weapon in 10 seconds where in the movie does it say that? What are these super feats you are suggesting Hawkeye did that he does better than Cap? Aside from blind firing I can't think of anything to grand that would make him able to train to do it (in a comic book sense of logic). And personally I do like to think of Hawkeye as a guy who just trains and surpasses people in the skill makes him awesome when he's competing with these superheroes just slapping he's got SS program kind of diminishes that essence that makes him awesome. Apparently Batman is the only hero that can get away with that around here :P

Like I said if they go that route I won't be to disappointed I mean I already have the 616 version so I'm happy if they take from the Ultimate I just prefer Hawkeye to have that I'm just a man aspect about him hanging with these powerful forces.

• Short answer is that it doesn't. But that's irrelevant because in just the span of what, just a few months, he was shown to already be doing impossible things with his shield.
    • Shot planning is the feats he has done. He not only fired blind shots that were impossible, some of the shots themselves are humanly impossible, such as the helicarrier shots in Avengers.
    • 616 Hawkeye is just that talented naturally and that's fine. But the movieverse is taking a lot of pages from the Ultimate universe, probably because the Ultimate universe explains why someone can do something that is humanly impossible. I don't have a problem with 616 Hawkeye. But for the movieverse, I think it makes much more sense to ground it in something that makes a bit more sense than "Hawkeye is just so awesome, that he doesn't need enhancements". It wouldn't take away from his character to give him some kind of bionic eyes. He's still Hawkeye with or without them. It just makes more sense for him to be able to do impossible things if he doesn't have human limits.
    FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FearTheLiving

@erik: I guess we'll see.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels like all the movies lean more towards Ultimate verse characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.