Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4817 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

power vs. skill

nerd217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nerd217

I don't know what it is but superheros who rely on skill (Hawkeye) rather than power (Superman) are so much cooler. What do you think? P.s. I am sorry to those Superman fans I've already pissed off but I couldn't think of a better example of a powerful hero. Sorry.

Ninja_girl_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ninja_girl_x

Yeah, like Nightcrawler.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jayskee

skill is much more impressive

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

- Skill is more impressive than power, one is earned and the other is for the most part given

- I do not agree that unpowered heroes are inherently better, a character with powers (but not insanely overpowered like Superman) can use their abilities with skill and in new ways that could arguably make them more interesting. Also you need to take into account that a character is more than just a skillset or powerset, characterization is key.

- Overall I do not think there is a general answer, it is more about looking at each character on their own merits and rating them based on perspective.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By jrock85

It all depends on the writer and how they utilize a character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.