Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4820 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

I'm tired of people underestimating Hawkeye

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nightwing737
    No Caption Provided

People underestimate Hawkeye. He would tie or maybe even beat Nightwing even if they both didn't have weapons.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Clint has no hand-to-hand feats to justify besting or stalemating Nightwing in unarmed combat.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Clint is awesome. He even managed to beat Rogers (Once). But he should not be strong enough to do things like lift cars. Let alone survive it landing on him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondave

@k4tzm4n said:

Clint has no hand-to-hand feats to justify besting or stalemating Nightwing in unarmed combat.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Hawkeye a lot as a character, and I agree that perhaps he's slightly looked down upon as an Avenger, especially when you compare to powerhouses such as Thor and Hulk.

But comparing Hawkeye to Nightwing, especially in hand-to-hand combat is going a bit too far, k4tzm4n's comment says it all to be honest:

@k4tzm4n said:

For some unknown reason though, I've always had the thought that Hawkeye was perhaps the cheap version of Green Arrow, not sure as to why I think that but I do, no offence to any Hawkeye lovers out there.

AgentHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentHawk
    No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did he lift a car with one arm? That would make his strength super human. Batman couldnt even lift a car without giving his all. Gah

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nightwing737

He is said to be enhanced because all of the training he has been through.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deaditegonzo

He is said to be enhanced because all of the training he has been through.

Dummmmbbbbbbb

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can lift more than 300 but no more than 500.

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be more exact I will say he can lift 315 to 440 pounds.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The be all and end all of q character isn't how strong they are but how interesting there stories are

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Wolverine008

Captain America trained him in hand to hand combat, and when he decided to use his training under the guise as Ronin in New Avengers, he was able to take on numerous hoards of hand ninjas, and got glowing praise from Iron Fist (one of the best fighters in Marvel). He should be a very proficient fighter.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cfrehse

he didn't lift the whole weight of the car technically

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America trained him in hand to hand combat, and when he decided to use his training under the guise as Ronin in New Avengers, he was able to take on numerous hoards of hand ninjas, and hot glowing praise from Iron Fist (one of the best fighters in Marvel). He should be a very proficient fighter.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: BTW that's Bullseye.

I find Black widow more useless. Hawkeye at least has arrows to countermeasure super beings and fighters. I didn't like Bendis ninja Hawkeye it made people with fighting styles a common place and a joke if just about anyone could become a master fighter.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i like ultimate hawkeye better

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Strider1992
    Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: there is nobody in that car and again the car is like twice is body ya know

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
    cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Ahhhh clint gets plenty credit. Not bad for a guy in purple with a bow. His ex wife is hot though and he did hook up with madame hydra......go barton!

Avatar image for khan_noonien_singh
    Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Hawkeye get smashed with that taxi? That... is hard to accept.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude I got major respect for hawkeye. In EMH cartoon he has saved the team more than anyone. I know for a fact that he is more ballsy than any other character plus he got brains and those 2 together is more important to any hero than being able to lift a car. His character is spot on enjoyable. And don't even get me started on powers I think the avengers movie did this well. I'm pretty sure he can hit anything with a bow and arrow. He has amazing vision to near superhuman levels which is extremly helpful. And he designs his own arrows so that's pretty damn awesome.( plus a few are made by iron man to give him even more punch) hawkeye should stay as a long standing avenger forever with captain America as well . O and in the EMH hulk respects hawkeye the most

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh Lord...the 'taxi' feat again....

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Clint gets plenty of Credit comic wise. Movie Wise not so much but in other media he is pretty Awesome. However in Hand To Hand Nightwing would obliterate Hawkeye. Yeah I know Hawkeye was trained by Captain America...after he was already a full grown superhero man. Dick was already a natural acrobatic and was trained by batman since his childhood. I don't want to pull this card but he was the only one worthy enough to be batman. Combat Wise he is the best. This isn't a battle thread so I should stop. I can Promise you Hawkeye could beat most of the other Robins at there prime like Red hood and Red Robin. He may not be the lift a car but he can damn well shoot clean through it.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jwalser3

To be more exact I will say he can lift 315 to 440 pounds.

Cars weigh around 2 tons. So that car feat is pretty BS. Along with the fact that he survived a 2 ton car falling on him is also crazy dumb.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By PeppeyHare

I don't see people underestimating Clint too much.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RisingBean

Clint gets plenty of Credit comic wise. Movie Wise not so much but in other media he is pretty Awesome. However in Hand To Hand Nightwing would obliterate Hawkeye. Yeah I know Hawkeye was trained by Captain America...after he was already a full grown superhero man. Dick was already a natural acrobatic and was trained by batman since his childhood. I don't want to pull this card but he was the only one worthy enough to be batman. Combat Wise he is the best. This isn't a battle thread so I should stop. I can Promise you Hawkeye could beat most of the other Robins at there prime like Red hood and Red Robin. He may not be the lift a car but he can damn well shoot clean through it.

Storywise I'd agree with you. Action, not so much. If you think about it Hawkeye actually took out more baddies then Captain America did. Cap would richochet a repulsor from Stark and take out three footsoldiers. Hawkeye would kill a sled driver with an arrow to the head, the sled would crash and the others in it would die as well. Or Cap would hit one with his shield and Hawkeye would use a heat arrow to melt the connection point for a sled from it's cycle and take some out there. Hell, he took Loki off of his cycle and set him up for the Hulk to ragdoll him. Movie Hawkeye is a beast in that final battle.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jwalser3: I dont think he is underestimated. Its just some artist just dont comprehend what they are doing. He once took a punch from a bloodlusted She-Hulk which threw him into the next county and walked away from it. Thats just plain stupid, but he is one of my faves.

He has taken out people like Ultron, Iron Man (repeatedly) Captain Atom (pre52) Abomination, Zzax, Vision, Archangel and such but he does it through plot device and Avengers tech. In team scenarios he is great. One on one, he needs more plot devices though they have increased his H2H over the years

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Captain America trained him in hand to hand combat, and when he decided to use his training under the guise as Ronin in New Avengers, he was able to take on numerous hoards of hand ninjas, and got glowing praise from Iron Fist (one of the best fighters in Marvel). He should be a very proficient fighter.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: I'm not underestimating him. I just posted the scans to show how that Taxi feat is BS. She-Hulk should have killed him, it's just bad writing.

There is no doubt he is a good fighter, him taking on Archangel, Captain America, even Iron Man isn't too bad. But feats like the Taxi and She-Hulk stuff is just dumb.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@boschepg: I'm not underestimating him. I just posted the scans to show how that Taxi feat is BS. She-Hulk should have killed him, it's just bad writing.

There is no doubt he is a good fighter, him taking on Archangel, Captain America, even Iron Man isn't too bad. But feats like the Taxi and She-Hulk stuff is just dumb.

Im agreeing with you. I was just blending the topic with yours so I could see how it got mixed up. Him surviving the bloodlusted SheHulk punch should have killed him. Same with when the Wrecking Crew stomped on him. Those should have killed him, especially since neither was in his Tony Stark built combat armor. Im a Hawkeye fan. One of my faves of all time, but some stuff I just shake my head.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Should be yes, but cuz of what he does I think this scan says it best

No Caption Provided

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: Do you think that armor should survive a taxi falling on him?

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@boschepg: Do you think that armor should survive a taxi falling on him?

it was built by Stark and took blows by USAgent, so yes I think it would survive the taxi. It took on blows from USAgent but bloodlusted SheHulk is on another level

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: technically, I gues they can say Stark streamlined the battle armor since all the scans I posted are pre taxi scans on this thread. It would make sense too as to why wouldnt Hawkeye have battle armor grade suit when people have unstable molecules and stuff. To fully equip Clints arrows and not the person would be just PIS to me, but they havent actually said it on panel

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
    XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas from LOTR and hobbit 2 is way better

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: U.S. Agent didn't actually hit him, he threw him around twice. The only durability feat was when U.S. Agent threw the explosive arrow back at Hawkeye. Even then the suit was slightly damaged.

Even if he did tank a punch from U.S. Agent I still wouldn't consider it strong enough to handle a taxi being dropped on you.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

dudevid beadt

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By daredevil21134

Based on the feats from the current series I don't blame anyone for underestimating him

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Omegus

Based on the featsa from current series I don't blame anyone for underestimating him

agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.