Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4822 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Hawkeye's Strength - Has this been explained yet?

• 64 results
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Timandm

@Flash1777 said:

tbh i really hope he does get stronger i love hawkeye but i just think he needs an upgrade i mean some writers make him look bad and i hate that.....i have heard that ultimate hawkeye is really cool …

I actually like the fact that Hawkeye is truly "street level." He's an example of that is possible with dedication, training, and will power... I can't think of another character in the Marvel Universe like that, although, yeah, the Hawkeye in the Ultimate comics IS pretty kewl...

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Timandm

@Timandm said:

@Flash1777 said:

tbh i really hope he does get stronger i love hawkeye but i just think he needs an upgrade i mean some writers make him look bad and i hate that.....i have heard that ultimate hawkeye is really cool …

I actually like the fact that Hawkeye is truly "street level." He's an example of that is possible with dedication, training, and will power... I can't think of another character in the Marvel Universe like that, although, yeah, the Hawkeye in the Ultimate comics IS pretty kewl...

I've often wondered what Hawkeye would be like if he were made into a Super Soldier, or if HE were to wear the symbiote.... but..... It comes back to the same thing, for me... It's like Batman. I don't want Batman to develop super powers... I like that he doesn't need them... Hawkeye is the closest thing Marvel has to Batman. T'Challa is close but much of his abilities come from a root....

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Carny work must allow you to develop remarkable strength

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FiMFTW

@lykopis said:

could care less.

Thanks @Strider92 !

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By danhimself

I have brought this up so many times and just been ignored...not only did he lift that car but he also went down when the New Avengers were exposed to the power dampener during the Dark Reign stuff where it should have only been the super powered members who went down

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Timandm

@danhimself said:

I have brought this up so many times and just been ignored...not only did he lift that car but he also went down when the New Avengers were exposed to the power dampener during the Dark Reign stuff where it should have only been the super powered members who went down

I completely missed that... Do you happen to remember what issue it was in?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lykopis

@FiMFTW said:

@lykopis said:

could care less.

Thanks @Strider92 !

I am properly chastened and doff my hat to you. Then again, the poem is about Bendis so sense wasn't the goal...

;)

(PS -- I am Canadian which makes me more mortified.)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By daredevil21134

LOL!!! What,i'm not surprised he enhanced Mockingbird too

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By nightwing737

He can lift 460 pounds above his head.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Timandm
    @nightwing737 said:

Sounds right, but that doesn't explain him lifting a car off of himself....
    cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I think he can do much more.....

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard somewhere that clint is only a minor level below cap (in most departments including strength) its also went on to say clint can bench nearing 1000 pounds which is peak human but not enhanced 1200 pounds like steve. Judging by clints size and build (6 foot 3 inches and 230pounds) thats is fairly possible.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sirnicktheepic : As well take note in Clint's solo mini where he meets Bobbi and William Cross for the first time (major characters in his life). In issue 4 "Till Death Do Us Part" There is a panel where Crossfire tries to use Clints bow against him but can not draw the bow at all. After subduingCrossfire, Clint then tells him that not anyone can use his bow because it has a 250lbs draw to it. That is insane and when you really think about it . He can shoot rapidly with pin point accuracy everytime. His bow is a recurve not a compund meaning he is pulling back 250lbs and holding250lbs where as a compound bow has a letoff point, meaning you pull back say 100lbs but you have almost no weight to hold. Clint Barton is the peak of human physical conditioning. To have the combat ability and strength to keep up with the likes of Steve Rogers (juice monkey) and Ironfist (David Carradine in a mask) and killing alot of Hand ninja's . I am not really surprised by this. CLINT IS THE SHIZZ TIZZLE!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.