Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4818 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Hawkeye Discussion Thread

• 54 results
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

I just started All New Hawkeye and i sorta kinda hateit. It's really depressing and it's making it hard to keep going. I'm on issue 4... does this book become less miserable?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By FearTheLiving

@teerack said:

I just started All New Hawkeye and i sorta kinda hateit. It's really depressing and it's making it hard to keep going. I'm on issue 4... does this book become less miserable?

Not really no. Lemire in my opinion didn't seem to grasp Kate & Clint's relationship and that the whole point of Fractions run was Clint embracing his friends and that everyone needs help sometimes. He also does a retcon with Kate's history to make her story a lot more cliched in my opinion. It also doesn't do a very good job in showing that Clint is also a skilled character. Say what you will about Fraction's more down to Earth approach to the characters and how they would often screw up or get hurt he showed both characters using their talents over the course of the series.

It does read better in a trade format if that's any consolation. Reading issue to issue I hated it a lot more than I did when I reread it all at once.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#53  Edited By Teerack
    @Feartheliving said:
    @teerack said:

Not really no. Lemire in my opinion didn't seem to grasp Kate & Clint's relationship and that the whole point of Fractions run was Clint embracing his friends and that everyone needs help sometimes. He also does a retcon with Kate's history to make her story a lot more cliched in my opinion. It also doesn't do a very good job in showing that Clint is also a skilled character. Say what you will about Fraction's more down to Earth approach to the characters and how they would often screw up or get hurt he showed both characters using their talents over the course of the series.

It does read better in a trade format if that's any consolation. Reading issue to issue I hated it a lot more than I did when I reread it all at once.

That makes me so sad :c

I loved Fraction's run. The more I read the All New book the sadder it makes me. T_T

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@teerack: I personally loved Jim McCanns Clint story archs. Reunion, Hawkeye and Mockingbird, WidowMaker and Blindspot. I would like to see a good mix in a Clint series that is a cross between McCann's style personality and Fraction's more street level villains and maybe some shield stuff on the side.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.