Follow

Havok

Character » Havok appears in 3701 issues.

Havok is the son of Corsair and brother of Cyclops, and Vulcan, and has led both the Brotherhood, of Mutants, and X-Factor. He also was part of Uncanny Avengers and Starjammers.

The Alexander Summers Respect Thread

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Havenless

I don't post here terribly often, as you can probably tell by my post count. I was originally lured to this site due to Google. Whenever I would type in 'Character vs Character' just to see what sites had the best points, it always had this site at the top of the list... regardless of the combatants. As I joined in and added to the debates, I encountered someone who linked a 'respect thread' when defending a specific Superhero. I thought it was a great thread idea, and I searched to find out how exactly those get made. Lo and behold, it seems they're posted on the specific character's forums. I immediately jumped to one of my two favorite comic book characters, Havok (the other is my avatar), and I was a little taken aback to find that not only does he not have a respect thread, but his thread list isn't even a page long!! So unless this is reserved for certain MVP posters, I give you...

The Alexander Summers Respect Thread!

1. Leadership

This will be his first major attribute we'll start with. Let's see, does he have any considerable leadership roles on his resumé?

1. After the original 5 X-men created X-Factor, they had decided to go back to the pages of Uncanny. Who did they ask to take the reigns of this government-run X-Men spinoff team? Alex Summers, the 10th ever X-man (Yeah, I looked it up).

No Caption Provided

2. When Havok overcame a mindcontrol plot orchestrated by the Dark Beast, he decided to create his own version of the Brotherhood of Mutants. This didn't follow any Xavier guidelines, allowing Alex to do things his own way. Just the way he likes it!

No Caption Provided

3. After an accident caused Havok's consciousness to jump to a different reality, he found himself assuming control of a twisted, though still heroic, X-Men team, The Six!

No Caption Provided

4. When he finally returned to the 616 universe, Alex was asked by his brother Cyclops to lead the X-Men in battle!

No Caption Provided

5. Then he went off into the Universe to combat his Brother. After his father had passed, Alex takes the reigns of the intergalactic pirates, the Starjammers!

No Caption Provided

6. And finally, his current position as team leader of the Avengers!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Now, I realize I haven't read every comic ever made. But I'm struggling to come up with a character who has a better list of field commander roles. Avengers, X-Men, X-Factor, otherworld X-Men, Starjammers, and a psuedo anti-hero team, descending from Magneto's very own squad! How many other characters can say Captain America took orders from THEM? How many can say powerhouses the likes of Thor, Juggernaut, Ch'od, Strong Guy, and Brute have taken orders from them? I could go on, but you get the picture.

2. Concussive Force

Havok's ability to absorb and project cosmic energy can be used in a variety of clever ways. One of the most underrated qualities of this ability is the sheer concussive force he can emit. First, the most obvious use, knocking people away:

The Artist Formerly Known as Cyber
    The Artist Formerly Known as Cyber
    The Living Pharaoh's Goon
    The Living Pharaoh's Goon
    Brother Vulcan
    Brother Vulcan

Sending some amateurs into the air like they're rag dolls, even though he purposely avoided the direct hit:

No Caption Provided

And here we see Havok projecting a non-stop outburst of energy, using the force he's throwing around as a protective shield to prevent a super-strong character from crushing him:

No Caption Provided

Didn't know Havok could create his own force fields? Bet you didn't know he could fly either:

No Caption Provided

But just how much force can he emit? How about enough to project Steven Rogers into some thinner atmosphere:

No Caption Provided

Not impressive enough for you? How about the time he stopped the Hulk dead in his tracks?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

3. Melting/Burning/Destroying Feats

Yeah, yeah okay. I know what you're thinking: "Hulk doesn't stay down for long. Fool Hulk once...." But what if Havok had a history of taking out the Green Goliath??

No Caption Provided

Still not doing it for you? Remember all those X-Men comics where it takes the teamwork of 3 or 4 guys to drop a Sentinel? This is how it's done:

No Caption Provided

You know when a heavy duty warhead goes off, it leaves a massive crater? Or perhaps when a monstrous Asteroid strikes the ground? How about this:

No Caption Provided

Havok taking out a satellite while it's in orbit:

No Caption Provided

4. Power Level

Just how much oomph can Havok absorb/release? Here he contains a centralized black hole within Xorn's head by filling it with cosmic plasma:

No Caption Provided

And in this instance Havok was defeated by his seemingly superior brother, and then was thrown into a nearby star. He absorbed the energy of the star, indicating an immunity to both massive heat and radiation, then returned to put a whooping on his kin with possibly his best feat to date:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Havenless

Please, by all means, add your own respect for one of the best blasters in the Marvel Universe!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Neat work!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By judasnixon

Alex has all ways been my favorite Summers brother. I wish they would do something with his Uncanny Avengers costume. He looks like a jackass in that thing....

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Decoy Elite

Nice character, horrible costumes.

IIDdesigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I long for the days of his original costume.....

No Caption Provided

To add to your nice respect page...I'll always remember Uncanny X-Men 249, when he interrogates someone, and threatens to blast off his arms and legs, while promising him that the wounds would instantly cauterize so he wouldn't be able to bleed to death first.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LaryKing

i never realy liked havok as a character,i mean, he has no h2h feats,cyke is more powerful,not a leader,costumes suck ,aaaaaand especially when after AvX he got a main role as a leader while cyke got locked away.Yeah,i prety much hated havok so far.I mean,people see him as a blaster,while scott has more firepower and is a better leader,which is the reason i guess cyke isn't known as a blaster and as a tactician.Cyke overwhelms havok in power.I'd just like to say that cyke has unleashed by far more devastating blasts than havok,an' i believe that if he'd unleash a blast like off my lawn,krakoa brood or something gabriel 'd be knocked out.CYKLOPS 4 EVER

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Darth_Nimrod

@laryking: this is a Havok respect thread. if you want to diss on Havok, go somewhere else.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Has he done anything since his face got Jonah Hexxed in Uncanny Avengers?

It's bonkers to me how minimal his fanbase is here on CV, pretty unusual considering he's been the leader of multiple teams, including the Avengers' "unity squad." The guy basically has cosmic level powers, able to survive being thrown into a freakin' star.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
    FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: havok has always been one of my favorite xmen. So underrated

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
    FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though he's enraged, knocks Magneto down pretty hard, someone who can sense even the slightest changes in the EM spectrum around him
    Though he's enraged, knocks Magneto down pretty hard, someone who can sense even the slightest changes in the EM spectrum around him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.