Harley's Little Black Book #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

How does Harley Quinn get into these sort of situations? The obvious answer is because of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti. The basic story is Harley and her Gang of Harleys beat down some of the local criminal element and discover a bigger dastardly plan in motion. Wonder Woman is being targeted at her home in England. Here's something we didn't know, Harley is actually a huge Wonder Woman fan. That means she'll be cooking up a plan to head over there in a way only Harley can in order to help out Wonder Woman.

Conner and Palmiotti make the situation pretty much as absurd as you would expect. Regardless of other possible ways for Harley to help, she's doing to do it in her style, regardless if Wonder Woman actually wants or needs her help. This is what gives us the wacky story. We find out the story behind Harley's fascination with Wonder Woman. What goes down in England is pretty priceless.

We're treated to some amazing art. Conner gives us over twenty pages of art with John Timms doing the rest. I'm sure I don't need to mention how great it is seeing Conner on interiors. The colors by Paul Mounts and Hi-Fi help mesh together Conner and Timms' art so the change doesn't really pull you out of the story. Does this story change the status of Harley or Wonder Woman in the DC Universe? No. It's not meant to. This is just a great comic to dive into and forget about everything around you.

It should also be mentioned there is something different going on with the variant covers. This obviously doesn't affect the score but DC is doing a blind-polybagged variant (by J. Scott Campbell here) in three different versions (penciled, inked, and colored). You can see how it all works in this VIDEO.

Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti are still having a blast writing Harley Quinn and it shows. Only these two could come up with such a wacky team up between Harley and Wonder Woman and make it work in this fashion. John Timms' art is great but it's a treat to see Conner's art in the interiors as well. If you're looking for a nice escape and dig what Conner and Palmiotti are doing with Harley, you're going to love this issue.

tedbundy654321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They gotta stop forcing this Harley Quinn garbage right before Margot Robbie's movie comes out

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
    Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fastestmanalive

Its garbage alright but someones buying this garbage. Its DC's third highest selling title.

Thats right. Sells more than Green Lantern, Flash, Superman.

Maybe people should stop buying this garbage.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Ugh, Harleypool is so dumb

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Harley's book is funny, has a unique voice with a stellar creative team. Its one of the few "trendy" comics that actually deserve their sales imo.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm down!

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Harley's book is funny, has a unique voice with a stellar creative team. Its one of the few "trendy" comics that actually deserve their sales imo.

This, haters going to hate but I admit the last story was kinda meh, hope issue 21 ends Captain Strong, such a crap villain.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I had a lot of fun with this issue and 40 pages of Amanda Conner's gorgeous art was such a treat. Can't wait for the next issue with Green Lantern.

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
    Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fastestmanalive

@thearchon Whoa!!! Someones got their panties in a bunch. Calm down there Kimosabi.

Wasn't telling anyone what to buy or what to do. Just responding to the comment above me about DC "forcing" Harley Quinn on us.

No need to jump down my throat. Deep breaths dude, deep breaths.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My wish is that people who compare Harley to Deadpool would forget how to read. For one week. I'd bet a substantial amount of money the Harley whiners don't even read the book. Kinda like those that complain about Power Girl and her girls.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By donmeca2020

Shes so shitty yet her first appearance from a comic from 93 is selling for almost $2k..... common sense should tell all of you, she is popular and here to stay

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm down!

I had a lot of fun with this issue and 40 pages of Amanda Conner's gorgeous art was such a treat. Can't wait for the next issue with Green Lantern.

All of these.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the very few DC book I take, and I'm in :)

[and no, I don't follow Deadpool...]

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Not an over all fan of what DC has made Harley into. some of the stories are fun though. This looks like one.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedbundy654321: so publishing wonderful material, is forcing it out? My god, i cant take you people.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: she is nothing like deadpool. Just because she is humorous, doesnt mean she is anything like him. I am getting real tired of you people.

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
    randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything is being forced it is Wonder Woman(and i am a fan).how many books has she been in since convergence ended?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its garbage alright but someones buying this garbage. Its DC's third highest selling title.

Thats right. Sells more than Green Lantern, Flash, Superman.

Maybe people should stop buying this garbage.

I was so hoping you were joking about it being that high. I get that its suppose to be a fun read, she is a a very popular character, and hell I really like her. My problem is when DC starts giving characters more books than they need like Batman.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW had her bracelets off for some part of the issue and she didn't turn into powerful goddess, Harley straight dodged/blocked bullets. I guess that's all Harley craziness

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

REALLY?! Are you serious? People are complaining about Harley Quinn? But you'll line up for Spider-Gwen! Harley is overexposed, but we can't get enough of Deadpool. Some people....

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well hey, if it makes money...

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Jestersmiles
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@gotham331: Harley is no more ridiculous than Spider Gwen or Squirrel Girl, but she is more popular and we all know, the more popular you are, the more people wanna call you "overrated".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.