Follow

Harley Quinn

Character » Harley Quinn appears in 2594 issues.

Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric resident at Arkham Asylum, where she met the incarcerated Joker. Falling in love with her patient, she conspired to break him out of prison and eventually became his lover and loyal sidekick, Harley Quinn. She eventually left him to be her own woman, and has been enemy and ally of Batman, and various other heroes.

Where to start

saw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm new to DC comic, well kind of comics in general. I'm very interested in Harley Quinn, where would be a good place to start reading about her.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Epyon007

@saw: I'm going to get a lot of hate for this. Since I started with Harley and ventured into the rest of DC comics a couple years ago. I would start with Suicide Squad where you get to see her new origin and then branch into her solo series. New Suicide Squad has also had some good stories.

You could get her pre-flashpoint stuff but at this point, they've gone so far from that. Not really sure how relevant it is. It would be the original Harley though. Mad Love would be a good choice.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Batman: Mad Love is a good read that goes into her origin.

From there you could read her 2000-2004 comic. There's also Batman: Harley Quinn which has several different stories featuring the character.

Can't comment on the Sucide Squad stuff since I haven't read much of it yet.

The Palmiotti & Conner ongoing is a good comic to read if you if you like seeing her in more comedic and silly stories.

There's also lots of specials. The Valentines Day special is hilarious, the Christmas one has its moments but is kind of meh, The Road Trip one is amusing and fanservicy.

Lastly, Harley's Little Black Book is a bimonthly comic that features team ups between Harley and DCU characters. Whether or not you'll like this is probably dependent on how much you like the current comics and specials.

saw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By saw

Awesome, thanks guys

daldrete7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@epyon007: Just remember, her solo series takes place after Suicide Squad #15, Death of the Family.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.