Follow

Harley Quinn

Character » Harley Quinn appears in 2595 issues.

Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric resident at Arkham Asylum, where she met the incarcerated Joker. Falling in love with her patient, she conspired to break him out of prison and eventually became his lover and loyal sidekick, Harley Quinn. She eventually left him to be her own woman, and has been enemy and ally of Batman, and various other heroes.

Harley and Ivy.. are they ONLY friends?

• 193 results
    Avatar image for don_t_kranq_just_psychoo
    DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

i think the yare just good friends not friends with xtras

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Aronmorales

I grew up with the impression that they were bff's, and by golly that's how I want it to stay.

Avatar image for batarrowlantern
    batarrowlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By batarrowlantern

They are not lezbians or bi except in some drawings where they are holding each other

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

There's more to their relationship than just partners in crime, but it isn't sexual in nature. I think they're drawn to each other as female criminals who don't waver in their convictions the way that Catwoman does, but it's based on respect rather than romance.

ClockworkDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By ClockworkDrago

@EisforExtinction: best friends with benefits

JokerLover93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JokerLover93
    @EisforExtinction said:
    " They're totally aren't just friends. They're BEST friends! "
    I like this^^
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @ClockworkDrago said:
    "  @EisforExtinction: best friends with benefits "
    Me agrees
    lol
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Friends with very special benefits =]

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

#59  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " Friends with very special benefits =] "
    I can live with that too lol
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @EisforExtinction said:
    "They're totally aren't just friends. They're BEST friends!"

@Cosmic Sentinel said:
    "

Harley only has eyes for Mr J.

"
    Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By dementedtheclown

I Think As Far As They Would Go Is Kissing. Even If Ivy Hopes For More.

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By burr787

Someone on another website described their relationship as the same as Joker/Harley. Ivy likes to be in control much like the Joker and since Harley is the submissive type, they make a D/s relationship. Where if Ivy wanted to, they would defiantly be more than friends. Whether or not they are is somewhat of a mystery, in the animated series they probably were since they would often share a bed and were shown more tender to one another. But in the mainstream comics....I doubt it, since Harley and Ivy don't team up as much. But with SIrens(which is written by Dini) maybe this theme will come up again. I would like it to, since Harley would survive longer with Ivy than she would with Mr. J. :)

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By MysterioMaximus

People (particularly guys) like to see what they want to see, not what actually happens to be. Poison Ivy is a seductress; this is one of her defining characteristics. Regardless of the gender, this is how she gains the upper hand. This does not equate to lesbianism, nor does feminism. I’m really of the opinion that Ivy puts on a femme fatale performance and that ultimately she’s asexual. She manipulates and schemes, intoxicating with her pheromones in order to gain control, not out of any actual genuine need for true lust, that's a very clever facadem, but out of this desire for power. She's made no secret of her love of exploitation. Thus she subsequently is able to enforce her eco terroristic beliefs ideally without opposition. Harley is a tool to her, though perhaps one she does sincerely care for. Lesbianism is pushing it.

Not to mention Harley very clearly is romantically obsessed with Joker…that speaks volumes. It’s like the people who interpret classic Universal Monsters as being caricatures for homosexuals. They always conveniently tend to leave out the fact that those same monsters are always in love with the female leads.    

punchline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By punchline

Um I do believe that even though Harley has her eyes on Mr. J she has dated other people. For example she for a short time went out with the Creeper. So it is very well possible that something has happened between Ivy and her.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By KenTheProfile

Does in my mind count?  

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Video_Martian

I don't see Harley as a lesbian, she's too into the Joker...

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#67  Edited By Dracade102
    .bump.
    ClayMan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ClayMan88

Actually I saw a real comic not a fan fic that shows were this idea came from. It was an alternative world comic were Harley for most of the comic was a super hero working along side Bat Girl and a female Joker. At one point in the comic she tells Bat Girl that Ivy gives her special shots so they can fool around with one another then she implies that people have said Bat Girl has sexual relations with Super Girl. Bat Girl asks who says that? Then she changes her question and says wait never mind I don't want to know and the conversation ends their. The whole comic is basicly one big lez fest. Harley is a lesbian and she is in a 3 way relationship with Ivy and a female Joker. And it is hinted that Bat Girl is in a lesbian relationship with Super Girl.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @ClayMan88 said:
    " Actually I saw a real comic not a fan fic that shows were this idea came from. It was an alternative world comic were Harley for most of the comic was a super hero working along side Bat Girl and a female Joker. At one point in the comic she tells Bat Girl that Ivy gives her special shots so they can fool around with one another then she implies that people have said Bat Girl has sexual relations with Super Girl. Bat Girl asks who says that? Then she changes her question and says wait never mind I don't want to know and the conversation ends their. The whole comic is basicly one big lez fest. Harley is a lesbian and she is in a 3 way relationship with Ivy and a female Joker. And it is hinted that Bat Girl is in a lesbian relationship with Super Girl. "
    And this comic is from Japan or do you have an issue number/name?
    ClayMan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ClayMan88
    @TheCrowbar:@TheCrowbar said:

" @ClayMan88 said:

" Actually I saw a real comic not a fan fic that shows were this idea came from. It was an alternative world comic were Harley for most of the comic was a super hero working along side Bat Girl and a female Joker. At one point in the comic she tells Bat Girl that Ivy gives her special shots so they can fool around with one another then she implies that people have said Bat Girl has sexual relations with Super Girl. Bat Girl asks who says that? Then she changes her question and says wait never mind I don't want to know and the conversation ends their. The whole comic is basicly one big lez fest. Harley is a lesbian and she is in a 3 way relationship with Ivy and a female Joker. And it is hinted that Bat Girl is in a lesbian relationship with Super Girl. "

And this comic is from Japan or do you have an issue number/name? "
    Here I will try and explain it better. I just posted this on another site.
    ---
    Many people have asked are Harley and Ivy bisexual and I am here to give them an answer to that question. No they are not. They are just best friends. Now what started this whole thing you may ask. Well it was a comic made by Elseworlds. They are a publication imprint for a group of comic books produced by DC Comics that take place outside the company's canon. The comic was called Batman: Thrill Killer.

Harley in the comic is in a lesbian relationship with a female version of the Joker and at some point in the comic she explains to Bat Girl that her and Ivy have also fooled around with one another. She goes on to say how people have been talking about Bat Girl and her relationship with Super Girl implying that they are in a lesbian relationship as well. Bat Girl quickly ends the conversation from their and doesn't really answer or deny if the rumors are true.

So that is where this whole is Harley and Ivy bisexual or not question is coming from. So in the actual DC universe. Harley is very much straight and Ivy may actually be a-sexual and just likes to be in control and realizes the power of seduction. But that would just be a guess on my part.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @ClayMan88 said:

As the Robin Culling Crowbar, I must kill Goatee Robin! I must!
    ChazzaHazza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By ChazzaHazza

I've always been under the impression that Harley was in love with Joker and Ivy was to busy for a real relationship because of her plants and enviromentalism so they just had a casual relationship and *enjoyed* eachother. But it's nothing to serious and they are best friends ~forever~ and always will be (I hope). Though to be honest I hope they fall in love, I love them together.

EmilyMor1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By EmilyMor1996

i find that harley and ivy being homo is just freakin stupid...and dirty they are just comic book characters. harley likes men and well, ivy likes plants. thats it don't make them sound all gross...respect the way its suppose to be...get ya mind out of the gutter

Avatar image for capo_del_bandito
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    According to Paul Dini, who created the bloody character, they're into each other. Whether it's just a "i'm just gay for this person', or if they're both openly bisexual, is left up to the writer of the moment.
    FyreFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FyreFox

OK first post but, 
    I think from what i have seen which isn't much but sufficient to say that Harley quinn sees her relationship with Poison Ivy as a student-teacher (although a very close and strange one) where there is this other female super villian that she gets along with but her heart is with the Joker . While I think that Ivy sees her relationship with quinn as like the last shreads of her humanity calling out for a friend and quinn is that person and because of that fact there is more. Now I think, yes Ivy is the one who wants a relationship (with or with-out intermercy don't know) and I think that she is hoping for the moment when Joker goes too far and really hurts quinn and leaves her for good , In which quinn turns to Ivy and a relationship (of the dating kind) is formed over the flowing weeks, months? So in that aspect yes they are more than friends but I think only in Ivy eyes but in quinn's eyes no they are just friends . So in short NO they are not more than friends BUT Ivy does and the possibality is there and might be exspored.   But on a side note mabey Ivy loves her plants too much too care about people and it is only a friendship?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#76  Edited By SC  Moderator

They are like Bert and Earnie. Tango and Cash. Xena and... the blonde one... 

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @EmilyMor1996: I didn't know two women liking each other was a bad thing.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#78  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

who cares? its Harley and Ivy, ya gotta love em either way!!!!!!! 
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @ClayMan88 said:
    Actually I saw a real comic not a fan fic that shows were this idea came from. It was an alternative world comic were Harley for most of the comic was a super hero working along side Bat Girl and a female Joker. At one point in the comic she tells Bat Girl that Ivy gives her special shots so they can fool around with one another then she implies that people have said Bat Girl has sexual relations with Super Girl. Bat Girl asks who says that? Then she changes her question and says wait never mind I don't want to know and the conversation ends their. The whole comic is basicly one big lez fest. Harley is a lesbian and she is in a 3 way relationship with Ivy and a female Joker. And it is hinted that Bat Girl is in a lesbian relationship with Super Girl.

no, it was hinted that people THOUGHT batgirl was in a relationship with supergirl
    Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#80  Edited By Joygirl

As was said above, Paul Dini stated that their relationship was, in fact, sexual. So... they may be friends... but they certainly aren't "just" friends. They make a cuter couple than Harley/Joker anyway.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

No Caption Provided
    Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Joygirl

Why did you bump and almost 2 week dead thread for a worthless gripe nobody will heed?

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl:

I didn;t realize it was that old. I couldn;t help myself. Ivy/Harley threads are as annoying as hell.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Joygirl

Maybe you should tell Paul Dini your opinion. >.>

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl:

Okay. I will. I mean, I love Ivy and Harley for that matter, but that doesn't make me think they have a homo relationship. I wasn;t trying to be disrespectful, all I'm saying is that it gets annoying to me after a while.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harleyquinn12:

Clap. Clap. CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP

Can I get an Amen?!

Themaidoflys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Themaidoflys

Ok, the point is that if Paul Dini, one of the creators of Harley quinn says that they are more than just friends THEY ARE, actually he says that he wanted to make that clear on the series but that fox and WB wouln´t allow it, and that he try to show how much has he could on it, so if any of you feelt that it was something going on between this two, don´t worry that was the creators intencion!. On comics I can´t said the same ´cause it´s not that clear, I think they are more than friend but that just and opinion until some writer decide the contrary and DC be ok with it. I know that is and old thread, but I needed a god closure.XD

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Joygirl

@JoEy9090: Neat. I'm just about to get the end of GCS, sooooo... but yeah, it's no surprise.

"I once asked Paul Dini outright and his answer was, well, yes they do."

--www.harley-quinn.com

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BatteredArmor

Yes only friends......with benefits

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By CATPANEXE

No Caption Provided
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By CATPANEXE

@JoEy9090: This one dude. Good read if you like Timm style stuff.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Joygirl

Ooh, just finished GCS... yeah, pretty definitive. "Is it because you love me?" It'd be one thing if she had been using random psychological warfare to confuse and distract, but she wasn't. She was pushing specific buttons to get a reaction, and it was the reaction she wanted. They had a thing going.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Nerx

Bedmates

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to pretend NOT to throw up at the disgusting prospect of Harley and Ivy as lesbian lovers (Barfs guts out). It's a disgrace to what I consider 2 fantastic characters, and I hope people can get that rare thing called LOGIC through their heads that their not lesbians. It's like saying that Iron Man has a thing for Spider-Man (Barfs guts out again). Which is not true. That's a lie. And so is Harley+Ivy as lovers.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lantern Prime:

That logic is freaking stupid. Ivy uses her kiss as a weapon, Just cause she used it on Supergirl doesn;t mean she;s sexually attracted to her. If that were true, EVERYONE she kissed would be someone she's sexually attracted to. Plus...She had a boyfriend before she became Ivy. Saying kissing Supergirl makes her gay is like saying Iron Man blasting people makes him gay.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Joygirl

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26:

No Caption Provided

Nope... nothing there.

Also, if you hate this thread so much, why do you keep coming back?

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl:

Oh so because Harley was jokinh around with Ivy (Or legitamely asking. Frankly madame I don't give a damn) that makes her lesbian? Ummm....NO!!! And the reason I come back is to (hopefully) dispel the myths of their relationship

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#98  Edited By RainEffect

I DARE you to go search the internet for Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn fanfics.  

Venture forth into the unknown, IF YOU DARE.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@SpidyIvyDaredevilFan26: God, we get it your homophobic. Stop resurrecting this thread.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#100  Edited By Imagine_Man15

In my mind they were always "friends with benefits." Harley will never get over her obsession with the Joker, which prevents an actual relationship, but there is a mutual attraction that is sometimes acted upon. However, that is only in my mind and I have absolutely nothing to back it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.