Follow

Harley Quinn

Character » Harley Quinn appears in 2594 issues.

Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric resident at Arkham Asylum, where she met the incarcerated Joker. Falling in love with her patient, she conspired to break him out of prison and eventually became his lover and loyal sidekick, Harley Quinn. She eventually left him to be her own woman, and has been enemy and ally of Batman, and various other heroes.

Batman reboot feat Harley Quinn or Harley Quinn Origin Movie

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

If they decided to reboot Batman or decide to make a Harley Quinn origin movie who should play as Harley?Here are my choices:

Rachel Mcadams,Michelle Williams,Emily Deschanel,Christina Ricci, Emma Watson Whats yours?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: Moretz might be good 4 or 5 years down the road.

How bout Olivia Wilde? She's sexy, she can act, and I think she even looks the part alittle.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think Brittany Murphy would have been perfect. I can't think of anyone who's around just now.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#4  Edited By Joygirl

Another of these. ^_^

Zooey Deschanel

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@Onemoreposter said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: Moretz might be good 4 or 5 years down the road.

How bout Olivia Wilde? She's sexy, she can act, and I think she even looks the part alittle.

Yeah shes a pretty good actress but can she pull off Quinn's high pitched voice

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I don't think a live action Harley Quinn has to talk like she does in Batman:TAS. Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson don't sound like Mark Hamill, yet each had a great joker voice.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Yep, I always thought the same thing. Absolutely perfect. Damn shame about that girl.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@Onemoreposter said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I don't think a live action Harley Quinn has to talk like she does in Batman:TAS. Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson don't sound like Mark Hamill, yet each had a great joker voice.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Yep, I always thought the same thing. Absolutely perfect. Damn shame about that girl.

Well i just want to see Harley Quinn in a live action batman film or her own origin film.they're so many girls who can play her and they probably won't make a Harley Quinn movie until 4 or 5 years.by that time i think Chloe Moretz is my choice for Harley.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By queenfrost_

BRIT MARLING

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deathbymanga

I think Zooey would be god at playing the Trope, Harley Quinn, quirky, childish, bundles of joy, but strangely enough, I think emma Watson would be perfect. She's very good at playing the smart girl, from her experience in Harry Potter, and as I watched her play in the later movies, I felt she really enjoyed the scenes where she got to be spontaneous and proactive. I feel that she could revolutionize the Harley Quinn role, just as the Animated series made her in the first place.

I feel an Origin movie would be great way to show Harley Quinn. A movie staring Harley would either put her teamed with Poison Ivy or the Joker and her character would be overshadowed by these two big names. Sure, HArley is a name herself, but her history is greatly identified by her relationships. Her relationship with Bruce, with Joker, with Ivy, with Catwoman. The only way to show HArley Quinn as a character in her own right would be to make a movie dedicated to her. Make it a direct translation of her true Origin. Show the Tragedy of a girl who gets messed up by the bad boy. Show her attempts to woe his heart and get beaten down and tossed aside. Show her man up and get revenge. Show her in the end beating the Joker down and then taking him back when he says he's sorry (though he clearly didn't mean it.). Not all movies involving tragedies like spousal abuse need to have a happy ending, and if they play her own insanity right, it would actually look right. It would look like a pair of crazies having a lovers spat, rather than a traditional case of spousal abuse. Leave the traditional abuse to Tyler Perry.

Put David Fincher on Board as the Director. Have him use the same touch he put on Fight Club and Se7en. That's the kind of feel I get of a live action Harley Quinn movie. Don't use batman, keep this just between HArley and Joker. Don't even bring Poison Ivy. Just let the fight go on natural.

I actually feel that Jim Carry would make a perfect Joker, which he should have played instead of Riddler. He's spontaneous and remember his role in Series of Unfortunate Events? Remember how creepy he sometimes got? How violent his character acted sometimes? Remember his role in The Number 23? I never saw it, but I am tonight and his look on the cover seemed pretty dark. His reserve might not be very Dark, but I think having a little light hearted humor now and them, plus Jim Carry's usual Jim Carrey-esque way of acting will make the Joker likable in some ways, despite being an abusive boyfriend/terrorist/psychopath.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.