Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Pymtron is not Hank Pym.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It has been argued and speculated about whether or not Hank Pym, after his merge with Ultron, was in control or half in control of Ultron with their bodies merged. Not only is it evident that Ultron is simply using Hank Pym's body as a vessel (due to the fact that he tried to kill and trick the Avengers and is currently running around space attempting to collect infinity stones for genocide), but I think we both know how impossible it would have been for someone as mentally unstable and weak as he is to actually fight off the will of Ultron.

During Secret Empire, Pymtron hosts a dinner for all of the Avengers and it actually really does seem like Pym is the one talking. The sentimentality, the tantrums, the lack of self confidence, being easily offended, etc. However, when Cap talks to Pymtron it's pretty clear that it was all an act in order to gain some sort of leverage and/or keep the balance of power interesting between the Avengers and HYDRA:

No Caption Provided

Ultron clearly wants to keep things interesting and level the playing field instead of HYDRA finally having peace.

If that doesn't convince you then this certainly should:

Hank is shown literally trapped within Ultron. Doesn't get any clearer than that. Seems like his soul is trapped.

So I don't think it's fair to say that "current Hank" is Pymtron or using any feats for Pymtron as Hank's own or even shared with Ultron. It's clear who is in control here.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Noone1996

Infinity Countdown #5 was released today and it is further confirmed that Pym is indeed trapped within Ultron and is attempting to signal his way out and get help.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@noone1996: whatever happened with Pymtron? If separated what are their whereabouts?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: It's in Dan Slott's iron man run, called Tony Stark: Iron Man. PymTron shows up in about issue 15, Tony is dating Hank Pym's ex-wife Janet Van Dyne when PymTron shows up.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they restore Pym soon. The character is one of the most complex in Marvel and deserves to be regularly featured.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: but isn’t he like Uber powerful right now?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: but isn’t he like Uber powerful right now?

I guess technically Pym's soul is in the soul gem right now and Ultron Pym is just what remains of Pym's body.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: #18 was alright, Pymtron was pretty beast in it. But I’ve always felt someone like Ultron or Brainiac or Henshaw would be nearly impossible to stop if they used their abilities like they could. Sort of like the movie Transcendence... which is what I thought Age of Ultron should have been much more like lol

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: #18 was alright, Pymtron was pretty beast in it. But I’ve always felt someone like Ultron or Brainiac or Henshaw would be nearly impossible to stop if they used their abilities like they could. Sort of like the movie Transcendence... which is what I thought Age of Ultron should have been much more like lol

The Ultron killed in Tony Stark #18 is from an old timeline (see Rage of Ultron) and not the most current version. So Ultron is still alive. Pym became trapped in the soul gem in Infinite Wars. So the Pym is not the real Hank Pym either.

There is a new Annihilation storyline going on so maybe Ultron will show up there.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ayyyy good to see Hank Pym is getting some action here

@supermanwithatan01 said:

The Ultron killed in Tony Stark #18 is from an old timeline (see Rage of Ultron) and not the most current version. So Ultron is still alive. Pym became trapped in the soul gem in Infinite Wars. So the Pym is not the real Hank Pym either.

There is a new Annihilation storyline going on so maybe Ultron will show up there.

Pretty sure the Hank Pym in the soul gem was killed at the end of Infinity Countdown or something. He got eaten cuz he went crazy, kind of a dumb ending

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they restore Pym soon. The character is one of the most complex in Marvel and deserves to be regularly featured.

Y'all think Hank is coming back at the end of this Iron Man run?

Seems to be a common theme of splitting man from machine, could Hank and Ultron be getting the final split coming up?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:

Ayyyy good to see Hank Pym is getting some action here

@just_sayin said:
    @supermanwithatan01 said:

Pretty sure the Hank Pym in the soul gem was killed at the end of Infinity Countdown or something. He got eaten cuz he went crazy, kind of a dumb ending

I think if he was killed it would have been "on screen" and not off panel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.