Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Off My Mind: Should Heroes Be Allowed To Change Names?

• 60 results
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Fire-brand
    @bingbangboom:  well, ronin makes sense. clint barton had died and come back. he was confused and wasn't sure if he could be hawkeye anymore. Maya had just died fighting Elektra as ronin, and clints first mission with the secret avengers was to go rescue her. after she was resurrected, Maya gave clint the go ahead to stay as ronin for a while. Now that Clint has come to terms with what happened, he is back to being hawkeye.
    gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By gui22
    @Cosmic Sentinel: Hey!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#53  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't have a problem with heroes changing names.  When Vance Astrovic ditched Marvel Boy in favour of Justice, it made sense... and had a better ring to it. 

However, I hate it when they pick one that's already been used.   I understand that Gotham needs a Batman, but what's Dick going to go by when Bruce inevtiably returns?  It's unlikely he'll take the step back into Nightwing.  Bart Allen was GREAT as the Impulse.  I hate the fact that some editorial decision was made to turn him into Kid Flash... the Impulse identity was his & his alone & avoided any pointless confusion.  Although I do like how Theresa Cassidy is now going by Banshee in honour of her father, it can still be confusing & sure does seem to be the topic of debate.

On the other hand, at least they do pick a name.  Unlike Jean Grey in the 1990's.  The post X-Factor era where she ditched Marvel Girl (again) but didn't want to be identified with the Phoenix.  Was it SO hard to think up a new name for her?! 

But I think we have something similar here.  Members can ditch accounts & create new identities for themselves.  We have these internet identities with which we can either hide our true selves, or condense & concentrate our personalities.  But these names & avatars are how people identify us...    

Avatar image for scarlett_swashbuckler
    Scarlett Swashbuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@whirlwind6 said:
    "

I changed my name in real life... It's just hard to make friends when your name is Evil von Hitler....

"
    HAHAHA! I was just thinking about that. How many people changed their names from Adolf back post WW2
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I'm not happy with Siryn changing her name too Banshee  !!!!!!!!
     and Jean Grey should have a codename, Marvel Girl was OK, but I didn't like it too much. Phoenix is just a references to how over-powered and terrible she was.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By ComicStooge

Unless it's like a transition from Robin to Nightwing (What Dick Grayson did) I think it's OK.

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Harlekin

Bart should still be name Impulse, there was no reason to turn him into Kid Flash.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Eyz

I like changes, and evolutions in my characters^^

But I gotta admit...
    Doctor Pym...
    ROCKED! XD

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DEADPOOL

Honestly, I think "Ant-Man" would had still worked when he started to become a giant. I am reminded of the 1950's movie "Them!" where a giant mutated ants attacks humanity.

rnb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By rnb

actually dick grayson changed his name because he wanted to be his own man and while he is robin he can't be his own man people will think of him as batman side kick thats why he became nightwing. he became batman because tim didn't want to do it and bruce was lost in time and the world need a batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.