Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Picture this... in 3D.
Picture this... in 3D.

Bug-themed Avengers seemed to pop up a number of times during Kevin Feige’s recent IRON MAN 2 press conference. The Marvel Studios president said that a BLACK WIDOW solo movie was “absolutely possible”, for one, and he also clarified the status of the long-delayed ANT-MAN movie that Edgar Wright is supposed to direct. According to SHH, Feige said that he and Wright met in LA last week to discuss starting pre-production later this year, for a release lined up for after the AVENGERS movie.  Feige also stressed that fans shouldn’t think of the AVENGERS movie as being the end of anything, but as the beginning of a whole new era. That comment reminds me a lot of the expectations I had leading up to REVENGE OF THE SITH. I wasn’t alone in thinking that was going to be the last time fans would see any new STAR WARS material, and what it really proved to be was the starting point for an entire new generation of TV shows, comics and games.

While ANT-MAN might not seem as cool a property as Iron Man, Thor or Captain America, I think it’d probably be the most fun, and not in a goofy way you can just brush off. Edgar Wright’s last flick, HOT FUZZ, was a big goof on Jerry Bruckheimer-movies, but you could actually get behind it as a straight-up cop story because it was genuinely bad ass at times. I can only just imagine how inventive and hyper-kinetic an ANT-MAN movie could be if it’s directed by Wright continuing on his SCOTT PILGRIM streak.

You know, if we can have a fantasy casting call for Captain America and Green Lantern, I see no reason why we can’t have one for Ant-Man. Who should play Hank Pym on screen? Greg Kinnear was a fan favorite for a while and some people have brought up Wright’s muse, Simon Pegg, but who would you, the Pym-particle-charged Comic Vine community want to see put on the bug helmet?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

Woo I really want this to happen. I'm a Hank Pym fan and think he deserves a movie.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EdwardWindsor

if theres a hank pym movie please have the arguemnt with reed in it , tahst so classic it needs to be done

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

If Edgar Wright really does make this, then I can't wait :)

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula

I really hope this happens, Pym is my favorite marvel character next to Clint Barton and Bullseye.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this has been through a few setbacks now. i'm real pleased with 
Edgar Wrights determination in hanging on to this project, and if
he's involved thats all i need. you could have told me it was a movie 
about a piece of celery done by him and i wouldve listened. lol.

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney

I heard the film will be based Hank Pym and then flash forward to Scott Lang

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

love Edgar Wright's movies so far so if he does this then I'm sure that it will be entertaining

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sora_thekey
@PrinceIMC said:
" Woo I really want this to happen. I'm a Hank Pym fan and think he deserves a movie. "
Yep... and he deserves to be in the FIRST Avengers movie... so they should get started!
Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jordanstine

I already have better dance moves than an emo-Peter Parker!
I already have better dance moves than an emo-Peter Parker!
I honestly don't care for Hank Pym... but I wouldn't object to an Ant-Man movie.  

I have faith in anything Marvel Studios even if they decide to turn this into a comedy dance musical.
Aerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Aerik

Very cool! Tough role thou. It's hard to see him and NOT think "wife beater".

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By weaponxx

@ Jordanstine: That is a lot of faith! I am always for a Marvel Movie, but I have to say I have been let down in the past.  

Anyone: 
 Who are some of Antman's enemies and do you think this would be a good movie? I hope so, but I am just trying to realize the movie with the hero shrinking down all the time... what can he really do then? I am not up to date on everything ant man... do you think he would only be shrinking?
Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

YES!!!!!!  AN ANT-MAN MOVIE!

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Real213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Real213

I think Simon pegg would make a great Ant-man!!!!!!

KingLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KingLoki

I can't wait, Pym FTW

gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By gui22

Yes!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

I hate Pym, so I'll probably steer clear of this.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cmaprice

Simon Pegg as Pym. 
Summer Glau as Jan.
Jeremy Irons as the voice of Ultron.

It'd be kind of fun to balance out the usually very dark tone surrounding the Pyms with some light-hearted innocence behind the Pyms in contrast to the problems they unwittingly unleash.

I find the "feeling small" motif could come off as genuinely charming if portrayed by Pegg.

But not in 3D, for the love of all that is holy.

MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrCipher
@InnerVenom123:
I just don't see the point of giving Pym his own movie. I never saw him as a popular character next to Cap or Hulk. I'm guessing it's going to be a fair movie but nothing special.
Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Namor1987

How in the hell are they going to tell his story without mentioning he beat up Wasp lol come on now

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Namor1987: 
doesnt happen until after the formation of The Avengers and he becomes Yellowjacket.
besides they illuminated to it in the animated Avengers feature and pulled it off.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Decept-O

Much as I like Ant-Man as a character (not the Hank Pym incarnation but that's probably who they will use), I don't see this surviving as a movie in any way, unless audiences REALLY clamor for him if he shows up in The Avengers.  *meh* like always to this dead horse that keeps getting beat.  

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I can live without an ant man movie in my life.
goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By goldenkey

I could see this working as more of a family type action movie, just without a lame plot. Throw in an Avenger cameo and it's got a great tie in for Hank Pym in the Avengers movie if they want him.  I can even see the ending.  For some reason Mr Pym also finds a way for him to grow to giant size, end credits.   See I think that's the way to make him more interesting, if he has the ability to be Giantman and Antman.  Or Yellowjacket, cuz the name Giantman and Antman are both lame lame lame. 
advocatefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By advocatefish

If it has Janet in it im all for it.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By doordoor123

Im a big fan of the current Pym but i dont reall know the comedic side of him. Ill be happy to see this movie. Im sure no one too bad will play him. This will be a lower budget movie for sure.

HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#27  Edited By HaHaManHV
@PrinceIMC: I'm glad I'm not alone in being a Pym supporter. His movie would be great, they could play it so well to the fantastic, it could be what F4 should have been
Evyllogos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Evyllogos

My vote is Nathan Fillion for Hank Pym and Olivia Munn for Janet Van Dyne.  I think they could bring the comic relief to The Avengers Movie.

hellfiregod529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By hellfiregod529

I definitely could see Greg Kinnear doing a decent hank pym.

Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Ant-man & Wasp has as much right to be in the Avengers movie than Iron-man and Thor, and more right than Captain America(because he didn't come in until #4) and Hulk(left after #2). However, I'de prefer to see Giant-man than Ant-man. 

He should get a movie in 2011 and be a main character in the Avengers movie

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceIMC

Some of the Hank Pym doubters should read some of the early Ant-Man pre-Avengers stuff. He was a valid hero and sure they were a little silly but no more silly than early Iron Man, Hulk and Thor. I hope they're reworking the movie so it had more Hank and not Hank in the past then and Scott in the present. No problem with Scott Lang but maybe he should just be Hank's assistant or something. Rita DeMara and Bill Foster could be there too....his three grad students or something.

Murphiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Murphiroth

If Denis Leary were younger I'd want him to do it. Dunno why, but I could see it.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Hank hitting Jan is one of the stupidest comic plots ever used, and he has spent practically every moment of his life since desperately trying to atone for that. Reed hits Susan, no one cares, Hank hits Jan, and the world ends. Obviously, I'm not condoning the action, but he was mildly schitzophrenic at the time, and the event can be chocked up to bad writing far more so than actual character "development". The hypocrisy surrounding the whole thing really annoys me. And bloody Millar's Ultimates 1 #6 did nothing to help the issue.

Anyway, Hank is my favourite Avenger, and he deserves his own film. I second what Evyllogos said and would cast Nathan Fillion as Ant-man.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By Moomin123

Maybe an Ant-Man film could work, who knows. However, I think that Marvl should concentrate one what it's doing at the moment rather than keep continuing on and on on what could be.

iarent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iarent

I think Simon Baker is perfect for Hank.  If you don't know who he is he is the lead in the mentalist and was the lead in land of the dead.

MikeIsrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MikeIsrael

Ewen McGregor could play Hank Pym, and I could get paid for doing the sound track!

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I hope they don't ruin Hank or I'll be piiiiissed

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Meteorite

I'd like an Ant-Man movie, but I have a bad feeling that it would fail.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.