Hancock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hancock_
found this on IGn i thought u might like this

As the only superhero movie this summer that's not based on a previously established comic book, Will Smith's Hancock is in a unique position. But Sony Pictures, eager to connect with comic book fans across the globe, is arranging a special deal that will definitely appeal to those who recognize the following names: Neal Adams, Jock, Bill Sienkiewicz and Frank Quitely. 

Sony has teamed with these fan favorite artists to create original "cover art" for the film. Best of all, they're giving prints of them away - keep an eye on the official Hancock site for the official entry form when it's available.

Let's get to the artwork. First up is Jock, who is best known for his DC cover work as well as contributions to Vertigo titles like Faker and The Losers. Jock contributed two pieces to the sweepstakes.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Next up we have Bill Sienkiewicz. This prolific artist gained massive popularity in the '80s with contributions to New Mutants (with Chris Claremont) and Elektra: Assassin (with Frank Miller). Sienkiewicz has since worked on a variety of projects in and out of the industry, including recently designing the DVD cover to the first season of The Venture Bros, working on Upper Deck's Vs. System trading card game and working on IDW's 30 Days of Night: Beyond Barrow.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Frank Quitely is a fan favorite artist in the modern comic book industry. Fans will best know his work with Grant Morrison, as the two creators teamed extensively on Marvel'sNew X-Men series (formerly known as X-Men and currently known as X-Men Legacy) and are now wrapping up their run on DC's All-Star Superman.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

It goes without saying that Neal Adams is a legend in the industry. His contributions are too numerous to mention, but we'll simply state that his work on Batman, X-Men and Green Arrow/Green Lantern in many ways redefined the art in comic books. Modern fans might recognize Quitely's name more, but Adams is one they should all be familiar with. If you've never read his work, go to the store now and find some.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

That's it! hopefully they'll try and make this into a full-fledged monthly comic.  That would be great.  I personally liked Neal Adam's version the most.
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bio Guyver

They look sweet.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zee crusher

Look pretty good hope they are good lol. Some times when Movies get turned into other things its a complete mistake.

Hancock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hancock_
zee crusher said:
"Look pretty good hope they are good lol. Some times when Movies get turned into other things its a complete mistake."
well they're not planning to make a comic book.  This is just cover art for the actual movie, cause the company decided to connect it more to the comic world.
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bio Guyver

They should make a series though. Maybe if the movie hits big, they will.

Hancock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hancock_
Bio Guyver said:
"They should make a series though. Maybe if the movie hits big, they will."
oh that would be so great. I'd buy that.  The thing I'm most interested about is his origins.  How he got his powers.
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hedatary

bha who cares. There sick

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bio Guyver
Hancock_ said:
"Bio Guyver said:
"They should make a series though. Maybe if the movie hits big, they will."
oh that would be so great. I'd buy that.  The thing I'm most interested about is his origins.  How he got his powers."
It'll probably be something unexpected.
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Last_Guardian

i actually saw these things on ign the other day.  Those look really good.  I agree with the last one being the best.  Neal Adams is the bomb.  The one where he's drinking looks real cool too lol...by Bill Sienciwics (spelling) is cool too

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Absolute

Wow, what's up with Neal Adams?! He can do SO much better. I was never a great fan of Bil's, but I think his is by far the best one.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By G'bandit

they should make a comic the movie look really interesting xD specially the part they are shooting at the girl and he's asking her permission to save her lmao!

also the prison scene lol

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Last_Guardian

woah these are nice.....i like Jock's first one the best but Neal's is very cool too..they all have their different style

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Are covers enough to count him as a comic character?

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Last_Guardian
Buckshot said:
"

Are covers enough to count him as a comic character?

"
i don't think so
_Obsidian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Obsidian_
Buckshot said:
"Are covers enough to count him as a comic character?"
They could, in theory, just as well be ordinary book covers (if you ignore the fact that they're drawn by comic artists), so I guess the answer this far is "No".
hancock257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By hancock257

I'm goin to do one myself

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.