Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Movie Review: Green Lantern Fails to Shine Brightly

digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#301  Edited By digimod

I thought it was pretty good.  I could have done without the whole 'origin of' part, was hoping it would have been darker/more violent and didn't really like the way they portrayed Parallax, but easily go past these hopes to enjoy the film.  Hector Hammond was awesome, one of the best parts of the film IMO.  CGI was great - the GL constructs turned out a lot better than I thought they would.

I always laugh at how everyone rates these films on how close they are to the printed material.  They are such different mediums they really do have to be re-invented.  IMO, if they tried to recreate exactly what is in the books they would be doomed for failure and fall flat.  I throw out such expectations and go into these as if they are a parallel-world/what-if/else-world type story.

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#302  Edited By The Hottness

WHOA G-man, I think you hit this one out of the Park! I agree with 100% of what u said.  Awesome review 

Hopefully we get a part 2 that does it a little better.
    Hopefully we get a part 2 that does it a little better.
    GreeNataRiaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#303  Edited By GreeNataRiaN

I am not what you would call "internet sociable;" I update my status here and there, but mostly I just like to lurk and look at all the pictures and even just read about the characters from the lesser known publishers with whom I am not so intimately familiar. But I feel like I finally need to post my first publicly viewable comment on this page. And since it might already be apparent that I can get a little prolix at times, I am going to keep it as succinct as I can: I am going to see this movie. Why? One reason: I have to. I must. Anyone who has seen the tail revelation scene of Shallow Hal--"If you're for real, I gotta see this." "No, you don't want to see it." "No, I don't wanna. I gotta."  (http://movieclips.com/o9iYr/)-- will understand when I say that I really hate everything about what they have done to one of my comic book epics with the creation of this abortion of a movie, but as a Green Lantern fan I absolutely must see it. Having said that, I would also like to note that I will NOT be paying for my own ticket; I wouldn't spend nine dollars on Ryan Reynolds if I had nine million more in my pocket.

I am glad to hear that as awful as this movie looks, both visually and conceptually, it is not a complete disappointment though. I feel a little less bitter about going to see it knowing a fellow Green Lantern fan found it at least acceptably entertaining.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#304  Edited By John Valentine

I was disappointed with this. It's the worst comic book film I've seen in a while. There were just so many things wrong with this film!

Sky_Jokiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#305  Edited By Sky_Jokiel
    No Caption Provided
    ssstarquin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#306  Edited By ssstarquin

ok.. arent da directors watching da movie again b4 releasing again??? wat they shud do is have sum1 on comicvine review da movie and incorporate their suggestions.. ever since fantastic 4 the quality of comic movies has been declining.. its like the characters think the special effects will act instead of them.. also wat  is this obsession to aberrate 4m normal comic canon wen thers no need to ???.... case in point.. hector hammond...

Avatar image for can_therealbatman_plse_standup
    can_therealbatman_plse_standup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

to be honest this looks retarded. the only reason i would see it would be with my bro cuz hes a huge comics fan

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.