Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Hal Jordan Gets a New Look Post-Convergence

• 172 results
    Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thought he was back to being the Spectre for a minute.

Banes_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This looks like Justice League 3000....

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome

AZTERIX_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By AZTERIX_

Hoods always a good move, I never liked GL's costume. What's up with the glove though

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Renegade GL Hal Jordan.

yvansilva9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By yvansilva9

Looks great!

I quite prefer Hal more powerful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUIL7qhj-jA

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By OverLordArthas

He looks like Hermit from Histories Strongest Disciple. -.-

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of like the "why should superheroes wear spandex costumes" initiative.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#159  Edited By Zeeguy91

@cagl said:

@zeeguy91: Amazing...how you accuse me of so many things that you yourself are guilty of, just to stoke your ego and to take all emphasis off of you and onto me. You are the one that came at John and John fans with negativity and hate starting from week 1 of COTM of FEB 2015. You started this and I haven't forgotten. But I WILL finish this. You were the one who have been banned from sites with your comments that have been offensive. And now that a person who is willing to play as dirty as you just so you could see what you actually look like in the mirror, all of a sudden you got a problem with that. lol. Well to that Zeeguy, I say bring it on. Report me all you want, and I'll do the same to you. Like now for example. The only difference is that you have a reputation and track record. I do not. I will not rest until people like you are exposed for the fraud that you are. And as for your educational credentials, that's great. You've made your family proud and you've accomplished quite a bit, but what does that have to do with common sense for which you are severely lacking. You think that your pathetic insults of me stating that I have no intelligence hurts my feelings. No it doesn't. All it does it fuel me coming after you every chance I get. Because you Zeeguy...need to be brought down. And I don't care if I go down to as long as you join me in HELL.

I came at JOHN not John's fans. Learn the difference. Also, last that I counted I'm not banned from any sites. I'm free to go wherever I please and post whatever I want. And if you wanna bring that into this, I can point to quite a few posters who have said that your posts are ridiculous and aren't even based in reality.

And I'm a fraud for not liking John Stewart? That is just a pathetic and weak accusation. Do not respond to my posts anymore because I will report you.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Zeeguy91

@sasquatch888 said:

honestly I think john's story is very interesting and you trying to diminish the importance of john's character sounds like you are racist, in fact many great writers have fleshed out john's character over the years and he IS identified as THE green lantern for a generation. sorry if the fact that he's being considered for a movie role somehow hurts your feelings ... I would go so far to say that the JL and JLU gave john exposure that Hal never enjoyed ...that being said Hal had a chance for a movie it flopped terribly and his last two appearances in the justice league war and throne of Atlantis were akin to comic relief and was embarrassing that someone with a personality (in those movies) of a frat boy would be given one of the most powerful weapons in the universe . also having a black character take the mantle of green lantern is important socially if you cant see that then you lack perspective on the issue ...see when gl was created there was no black super heroes and black people were not even able to vote. I don't think there were any black creators in comics ..so to take that iconic character and make him black IS of important social value because it shows that people's perceptions and sensibilities are changing ..also let me give you an example of what people think ...I have a daughter she's 17 now ...the first time she saw Hal Jordan was a few years ago and maybe like circa 2008-2009 her first reaction was " I thought green lantern was a black guy?" she was a fan of superheroes but was not an avid comic reader and to her and her friends Hal is the replacement......anyway ...expect Hollywood to keep their options open

1) Are you seriously playing the race card over a comic book character? I'm not racist. Far from it actually. And the fact that I have to come online and say that just because I don't like one particular character who just happens to be black is ridiculous. I mean, look at my freaking avatar for Christ sake! I am, in fact, a left-leaning liberal who hates intolerance in all its forms. I voted for Obama twice!! I myself am a minority and most of my friends are likewise minorities. I am all for promoting diversity in comic book movies, but the fact is that John is a super boring, super dull character, who has almost nothing to offer. To me, throwing him in there just as a token minority character is more offensive than anything else. Cyborg at least offers something of value.

2) Me and my friends (I'm in my twenties) all knew that John was the replacement.

3) JLU is a show thats been off the air for 10 years and has never even attempted to be emulated. It was hardly Super-Friends. Anyway, five years from now, you'll probably have kids saying that Hal is the main GL, given that he's the one who's been prominently featured in all DC related media: the tv show, the hdtv movies, etc. The fact that John was in one show over a decade ago does not give him staying power.

3) The efforts of the John camp to blame the movies failure on Hal is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. For one, its like dumping the failure of Batman Forever on Bruce Wayne or saying that Superman Returns was a flop because Clark Kent was the main character. Sorry but no. The fault was in the writing and the acting, not the choice of character. Plus, what would take place in a John Stewart centric GL movie? He has no backstory.

@mysoulz said:

Apparently, he has a personal vendetta against John Stewart and his fans (and even admitted to it). He's even created a thread on the CBR forums saying John Stewart is nothing more than an "angry black man stereotype" as if DC/Marvel characters being questionable towards social issues and racism over 40+ years ago hasn't evolved since then. So I don't really take some of his posts seriously when it concerns John Stewart and it's best to just ignore.

Hey, guess what? If you keep following me around and antagonizing what I say, I will report you, just like I've done CAGL twice now.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought he was back to being the Spectre for a minute.

lol thought the same here initially.

Also, I wonder if this will influence the future JL 3000 GL? Cause that version also looks similar to this.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By CAGL

@zeeguy91: Do you honestly think that I am intimidated by you, or the least bit scared of your threats. I told you to bring it, I told you that you started this and I will finish this. By the way I have reported you just as many times as you did with me and I want you to know that if we both get banned, then my work is accomplished, because my goal is to bring you down.

P.S. if the staff is investigating my posts and reading them, then let me help them out by saying that I don't post very often, but when I do it's because of Zeeguy, I don't have any problems with anyone on this site except for him. And until he sees the error of his ways and apologizes to John Stewart fans all across the world, I will continue to go after Zeeguy as long as he runs his mouth on any subject discussing John Stewart while disrespecting us and him.

P.P.S. hey Zeeguy any thoughts about Geoff Johns now endorsing John Stewart to appear in Justice League...I'm sure you're loving that. As your pain brings me pleasure.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Zeeguy91

@cagl:

1) I literally just googled that and there is actually nothing on that topic to be found. Are you making things up again? Probably. It sounds like you. Oh. I see what you were referring to. The fact that Johns posted that he was rereading a John Stewart comic and that he'll be popping up in Justice League. Yeah, the thing about that is this: HAL IS BACK ON THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!!! That's why John is popping up in there. Of course it makes sense that we'd see John make an appearance in Justice League because Hal (aka head of the Green Lantern Corps; aka John's boss) is starring in that title. So, who do you think is actually gonna be in the movie: the guy who's ON the team or the guy who's only making a guest appearance.

2) I don't owe anyone an apology for not liking John Stewart. He's a fictional character and I have as much a right to dislike him as I do to dislike hamburgers. You can't change my opinion, and if you think that you need to "take me down", then you seriously need to take it down a notch. Guess what? I think John Stewart sucks. I don't like him. You can literally do nothing to ever change my mind. Like, honestly, do you think I'm the least but intimidated by this?? Please, who acts like this about another person NOT liking something. And, FYI, what you're doing right now is the definition of personal harassment, which is not allowed on this site.

3) I literally just lost a family member to cancer this week so I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR YOU. Just leave me alone.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#164  Edited By dernman

@zeeguy91: Change the language before a mod sees it.

Enrique31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should leave the Cloaks to raven (wish she had hers back) and Spectre. We already gave black adam and shazam one.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#166  Edited By Saren

@cagl: I'm unclear on why you've appointed yourself the global guardian of John Stewart's honor, but your comments rise to the level of harassment and completely unwarranted hostility. You cannot just "go after" another user because you dislike the fact that he expresses negative opinions about your favorite character. Grow up. I don't know where you've been that that sort of posting is tolerated or encouraged, but it's not here, and if you do anything even slightly similar to this again, you can go right back there and stay there while someone else brandishes the green flame in your stead. Consider yourself on final warning.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By CAGL

@saren: let's get something clear. This matter with Zeeguy doesn't concern you so stay out of it. 2nd, don't think for one minute, that I even am taking your threats, warnings, or promises seriously, because I don't. And lastly, if you're going to stick your nose in affairs that doesn't concern you, the least you could do is to act like a detective and do you homework. Ask the question of why. There are plenty of people who don't favor John Stewart and plenty of people who don't think he's interesting, and yet the only person I'm interested in coming coming after is zeeguy. Have you asked the question why, or are you too busy jumping on the Zeeguy support band wagon to see anything beyond your clear favoritism to only see things from one perspective? This rivalry dates back to Feb 1st 2015. But you probably don't know that do you? You just think I'm some cyber bully that enjoys what I do. If you think that I'm insane, then ask yourself like any true detective would, if plenty of people may not care for John Stewart, why would CAGL only be targeting just one viner only? So before you stick your nose where it doesn't belong, do yourself a favor and get all your facts.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By CAGL

@zeeguy91: what I found isn't something that you could look up in a Google search, it was posted on Geoff Johns' social media page. Why am I even rationalizing anything to you, even if I gave you the direct link, you wouldn't believe your eyes anyway and will find a way to disprove anything I say. I could say that the earth has only one moon, and you would argue why there is actually two and the other is invisible. It comes to the point that after reading your posts I'm more amused than irritated. So the only thing I could write from here is lmfao.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Saren

@cagl: I am a moderator tasked with overseeing ComicVine's forums. This does concern me. It is not up to you to decide what concerns me and what does not. I do not care how long this "rivalry" you think you have goes back, and I am not compensated enough to care about your supervillain origin story. You will either rein it in post-haste, or you will no longer post on this site. It is that simple.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: you're the moderator huh. Well I'm disappointed with your investigation. Don't worry you don't have to kick me off I'll do it to myself. I made a post back in March it wasn't to anyone specific. Zeeguy decided that he was going to reply directly to me. He could've just made a general posting, by he called me out. So in kind I responded. Now instead of you issuing him a warning...I'm the only one who gets it. Wow, that's the Justice system at its finest. Thanks for nothing. I'm out!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagl said:

@saren: you're the moderator huh. Well I'm disappointed with your investigation. Don't worry you don't have to kick me off I'll do it to myself. I made a post back in March it wasn't to anyone specific. Zeeguy decided that he was going to reply directly to me. He could've just made a general posting, by he called me out. So in kind I responded. Now instead of you issuing him a warning...I'm the only one who gets it. Wow, that's the Justice system at its finest. Thanks for nothing. I'm out!

Yes, I have made a distinction between a user replying to someone's post and a user relentlessly hounding someone because they didn't like their opinions. Imagine that.

Have a good life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

its The Green Glove!

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

hmm... i like it. makes me actually want to read it instead of just hear about the synopsis later on

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.