Follow

Guy Gardner

Character » Guy Gardner appears in 1599 issues.

Guy Gardner started out as the backup Green Lantern for Hal Jordan. He has since become one of the most prominent Green Lanterns of the Corps, despite possessing an egocentric personality. He has recently deserted his Green Power Ring in favor of the Red Ring of rage. Guy's will and rage are some of the most impressive in the entire Emotional Spectrum.

Is Guy Garderner Still A Vuldarian?

Avatar image for darkknight96000
    darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkknight96000

Or has all that stuff been retconned out of existence?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

I'm probably wrong, but I think there were certain events that caused his body to reject his Vuldarian shapeshifting DNA. Violently. So it was probably expelled from his system. I'd recommend getting a second opinion though.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@JonSmith said:

I'm probably wrong, but I think there were certain events that caused his body to reject his Vuldarian shapeshifting DNA. Violently. So it was probably expelled from his system. I'd recommend getting a second opinion though.

This is accurate. During Green Lantern: Rebirth to be precise.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

And since the reboot it's probably been completely forgotten. They did just tell his new origin and I actually really liked it.

Warrior-4-ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Warrior-4-ever

Its basically one of Geoff Johns' standard "________ did it" In this case Parallax did it. In Rebirth after going to a Yankees-Red Sox game with Hal and John, Guy loses control of his Vuldarian Powers. He blows up Warriors bar. Mr. Terrific discovers that Guy's Human DNA is overriding his Vuldarian DNA. Basically making them go dormant again. That was the last time they've been mentions beyond a few constructs. One from Mogo channelling Guy's good memories [when Guy was possessed by a Red Lantern ring] and when Guy and Hal fought during War of the GLs Guy created a construct of himself in his Warrior form [and other versionsof himself. Aka his Pre-coma version, Bowl cut Guy, Yellow ring Guy and Warrior Guy] Hopefully we might get a breakthrough on his Vuldarian Powers stuff soon. Geoff Johns slipped at SDCC that The Third Army could be the Fall of Guy Gardner.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF

Well i read today in a solicit that the first lantern torn him apart but i havent been reading the comic so i dont know if that means he actually torn him apart or tore him apart emotionally like the first lantern has been doing with every one.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By fACEmelter88

Yea he is (was) while the 1st Lantern was messing with him (Green Lantern Corps #17) it showed him as a Vuldarian, as Warrior and an outfit that looked like the one he wore when he wielded a yellow ring.

Warrior-4-ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Warrior-4-ever

I wish he could be Warrior again. I'm tired of the power ring equivalent to musical chairs with him. If he can't be a GL anymore to make room for Simon Baz then let him get his Vuldarian powers back and let him be Warrior again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.