Follow

Guardians of the Galaxy

Team » Guardians of the Galaxy appears in 1116 issues.

The first published Guardians of the Galaxy was a team of freedom fighters in the 31st century. The name was later used for the team Star-Lord formed to deal with galactic-level threats in present day. The present day team's name was influenced by a member of the 31st century team who had time traveled to the present.

Panels in the Temple on Morag

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    Everyone Has Missed A Huge Guardians Of The Galaxy Easter Egg
    Everyone Has Missed A Huge Guardians Of The Galaxy Easter Egg
    No Caption Provided

"There's definitely some things that people haven't seen. There's definitely one really big thing that people haven't seen, but they may never see it -- we'll see. There's other things, too. The other day, I posted on my Instagram a picture of the other guys going for the Infinity Stone in the temple of Morag and I didn't see anybody bringing that up until just a couple of weeks ago."

"I do notice that people are noticing more things now that they've got the digital download. People are starting to see things that they didn't notice in the theaters, even those people who saw it twenty times."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Everyone-Has-Missed-Huge-Guardians-Galaxy-Easter-Egg-68424.html

To me it looks like the figures in the panel are Infinity, the Inbetweener, Eternity maybe, and the last I am unsure. Maybe Kronos?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ah, but how can you be sure?

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Considering how much effort was put into researching the comic lore for that temple... It would be kind of neat if Morag would eventually have a bigger role in later movies.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@artisticneedham: It was confirmed in the Guardians of the Galaxy Art Book that the entities were Eternity, Infinity, Death, and Entropy.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: Yeah, and while I liked that little Easter egg its also an egg which requires eagle-eyes and really huge-ass TV to be even noticed. I mean I saw the movie in theaters TWICE and couldn't spot that even when I tried to (on second viewing).

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: It was just a background Easter egg, however, it does show us that it's a possibility of them appearing. The Infinity Gauntlet was an Easter Egg too, now there is going to be two films for it. Considering the rather important role that the Abstracts played in Infinity Gauntlet (something that the writers are heavily basing the movie off of), I think it's a possibility.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: Well, there's a rumour that Death might play a role as Thanos' mistress like in the comics.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: True. For some reason I feel that people who are convinced Hela is taking Death's place are not taking into consideration that speculation and rumor tend to be incorrect. Just like how lots of them were convinced that Red Skull would be the villain in Captain American: Civil War. Marvel also tends to lie/beat around the bush when it comes to characters and plot lines for their movies.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: I don't think they've ever directly lied to fans when it comes to their films. Skirted questions and given round-about answers, yes but never straight out lied.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: Marvel may not, but articles posting various theories as facts do.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sinikettu

@bobandjim1260: Well, most of those sites get money "for clicks" so they're very much unabashed in publishing any and all rumor as 'news' in hopes of getting hits on their pages.

Bet your arse you're going to see a flood of 'crap' after Christmas when GOTG 2 is about half a year away... and Marvel sure as heck ain't stopping pretty much any rumor about the film before premiere. On the contrary they're going flood the net with all kinds of teasers, promos and what not to get people hyped. It worked like a charm the last time, so why change the winning formula?

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: Very true. I think people tend to jump the gun on what they think Marvel won't do. If they can find a way to put the abstracts into the story, they will. I don't think they would be very confusing to a non-comic book reader as the click bait articles tend to assume. I feel that's the same with every largely anticipated film. It's a formula guaranteed to work over and over again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.