Follow

Guardians of the Galaxy

Team » Guardians of the Galaxy appears in 1116 issues.

The first published Guardians of the Galaxy was a team of freedom fighters in the 31st century. The name was later used for the team Star-Lord formed to deal with galactic-level threats in present day. The present day team's name was influenced by a member of the 31st century team who had time traveled to the present.

Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set Coming to Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel characters coming to Disney Infinity is an exciting concept. We've seen the Avengers playset along with the Ultimate Spider-Man line. That's not all we're going to get. Disney Interactive has announced that Guardians of the Galaxy are joining in on the fun as well.

No Caption Provided

Star-Lord will have melee combat, dual pistols, and a super-jump. Drax has his two daggers, excels at up close melee fighting, and is a wall-crawler courtesy of his daggers. Groot's limbs can extend which allows long range attacks. Gamora has her sword and will have a strong super-move. Rocket Raccoon has dual pistols, upgradable weapons and a super-move.

We were also told that more Marvel figures were coming.

No Caption Provided

Marvel’s next summer blockbuster film is coming to Disney Infinity. Today, Disney Interactive officially announced the latest Play Set for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) –Guardians of the Galaxy, inspired by the upcoming film Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, in theaters August 1.

The Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set follows Star-Lord and his fellow Guardians as they arrive at Knowhere, having just stolen a powerful cosmic object from the villainous Ronan the Accuser. Players will guide the team as they race to protect Knowhere from Ronan and his attacking Sakaaran fleet while keeping their newly liberated item safe from the villain’s evil grasp.

Playable characters for the Play Set include Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Gamora and Groot, as well as crossover characters Iron Man (from The Avengers Play Set) and Nova (from The Spider-Man Play Set). Mission givers will include Cosmo, The Collector and Yondu.

Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Gamora and Groot will be also playable in the all-new Toy Box 2.0, along with all characters previously released for Disney Infinity. Players will be able to use these characters, plus hundreds of Marvel and Disney-themed items, locations, props and vehicles to create new adventures in customized worlds. Additionally, the Guardians of the Galaxy characters will partake in one of the new structured Toy Box Games now offered in Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes. The Toy Box Game, called Attack on Asgard has Loki opening a series of portals that allow an army of Frost Giants to invade Odin’s Palace at Loki’s command. The Giants threaten to lay waste to Asgard, rob Odin’s Palace and ultimately grant control of the throne to Loki.

In addition,there will be Guardians of the Galaxy themed Power Discs that will enable players to customize their Play Set and Toy Box experiences. The Power Discs include:

o Space Armor - Unlock Gamora's out of this world Space Armor costume for added protection against enemies. Who says fashion can't be functional too?

o Marvel Team-Up: Yondu - Fight alongside this powerful, arrow shooting ally and send enemies running for their lives

o Groot’s Roots - Theme out your Toy Box world with Groot’s Roots. It’s sure to grow on you!

o Groot's View - Embrace your inner green thumb and theme Toy Box skies out Groot-style

o Star-Lord’s Galaxy - Turn your Toy Box into Knowhere - Star-Lord’s home base in the Galaxy

o The Rip - Turn Toy Box skies into the skies of Knowhere with this Power Disc and transport yourself to the outer edge of all space and time

The Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set will be available in retail stores this fall. Additional characters will be announced in the coming months. Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes is being developed by Avalanche Software and is rated E-10+ by the ESRB.

Want to see more? Check out these images.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I've known about most of this for a while (been obsessing over this game and saving all my money for it) but am glad to see a bunch of stuff I didn't know (and a trailer to boot!!). It's gonna be a pain trying to pick out what to get first

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice.

Lee_Everett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This honesty looks cool.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpitfirePanda

Someday, I will get this.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

That is a pretty great trailer

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's cool, but I am worried the way the rest of marvel media is having Ronan as an arch-villain again and that it will affect his comic storylines...I mean, he has gone through some incredible character development

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought I'd add something cool I remembered. They're adding the kitten fists from Gravity Falls to this game as weapons. It's in the Tinkerbell and Stitch trailer, and it looks hilarious.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like Gamora's figure the best.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By amazing_webhead

This gravy train ain't de-boarding just yet!

...I'm kidding. That trailer was freaking epic.

Rocket sounds familiar...is that Nolan North?

@ultrastarkiller said:

I like Gamora's figure the best.

Giggity.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

I cracked up at the Rocket and Groot arguing at the end, lol. I can't wait to jump into Disney Infinity! It will be just like me playing Marvel Heroes all over again! :-)

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@g_man: Wish Gamora looked that cool in the movie. Lol Darn makeup effects.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By amazing_webhead
    Avatar image for guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan
    GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man:

This looks really cool.

alice146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very happy to see this cool game.http://goo.gl/ApJjaI

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.