Follow

"Superman" Grounded

Story arc »

Following the events of the 100 Minute War, Superman literally gets down on Earth, while he decides to walk across America and help people on his way.

Blog A Day 2: Why Im Not Feeling Grounded

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 2

Edited By BradBrains

My Emence reading of superman was quite a surprise to myself. Like many other people i didn't understand what there was to like. he seemed too powerful. too cliched. too boring. my naive thoughts keep me away from the man of steel for quite a bit. i really regret those thoughts now. i started on a whim when i decided to purchase the first volume of all-star superman. even before i finished that volume i had an uncontrollable urge to get that second volume.  what grant Morrison did with superman is truly amazing. if your a superman hater you have to read it and you will change your mind i promise.  after ASS i purchased quite a bit of superman trades to get better acquainted with the character and learned there is a lot more too it then what you may perceive. 

but im were talking about thew good of Superman today. no no no. were talking about the not so good. of course i mean the current superman storyline grounded. i'm sure if your here you can easily read what the arc is about. but essentially after new krypton is destroyed along with his people..again. superman decided to re-discover himself by walking across america.   this mooppy superman isn't the superman i want to see. but what gets me is the truly out of character actions of superman in the recent issues. now i could have probably had this as a review of superman 703 which is the one that pissed  me off the most. but that would mean i8 still wouldnt have a blog for today so this is the format im doing. also. tis is more of a rant then a review. not to spoil anything too much but the first few pages of that issue have superman                     threatening to drop a stalker if he bothers a girl again. since when did superman become batman? this gross mischaracterazation is just too awful to ignore. and if i, someone who is basically a Superman newbie can see that i think theres a problem (and i dont even have time to get into dick Grayson talking like Bruce Wayne in on the very next page). but more then point i think superman wondering aimlessly in america takes away a lot of the charm form the book. now maybe in the end ill be totally wrong as the writers have some big epic story planned. but right now im just reading through what is a not too great storyline for sups. i sit here with superman 704 by my side and its labeled as a "grounded interlude" which i believe just slows things down even more so. but well see. expect a review. albeit probably a short one. 

well that was a bit more ranty then expect but im kinda doing these on the fly so you might wanna expect that. 

well feel free to bitch me out for the rant of my grammer or whatever and expect something a little more lax tomorrow  also will be proof read. this..totally wasn't. sorry

Thanks Y'all 
    Brad Brains 

i also have superman red son which im reading.i have one issue left and im pretty impresed. really interesting stuff. go soviet batman!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.