razzatazz's Grifter #7 - Frostbite review

Avatar image for razzatazz

You can't hear it

I can somewhat understand the appeal of a hero versus hero fight even when I m not particularly keen on them myself.  Still in this relatively short series thus far there have now been two issues dedicated to Grifter (who is a hero despite what others think) fighting another hero, first Green Arrow and now Midnighter.  The problem with these fights is that it takes time away from the plot development, but it does have the benefit of a bit of action to mix in with this plot.  That having been said this hero versus hero fight works a lot better than the previous one as it is both more engaging, more fun and more relevant to the plot developments.  This series still does better when Grifter does his thing alone (or with Gretchen) but as an interlude, this isn't that bad.

Other reviews for Grifter #7 - Frostbite

Grifter: Season 1 Finale 0

Sigh. Look, it's better than the Green Lantern banner because I get the point of this one. It's not hyping a movie that didn't need extra hype, and its for a good cause. But it doesn't change the fact that the "We Can Be Heroes" banner is a huge detriment to the covers its on. Here especially it's quite a mess. The colors are far too similar to Midnighter's costume, so it REALLY obliterates the nice empty white sky. It makes it feel boxed in instead of in an empty open snowy wilderness. It's a r...

Chilly Title-Hot Comic 0

The Story:If you haven't been following this series Grifter has had huge problems with the Daemonites. They're a group of shape shifting aliens who've infiltrated several Earth organizations. Grifter has a huge grudge against them because he thinks they killed his brother and they've made his life a living hell.This issue takes him to the Himalaya Mountains where he keeps hearing a strange voice beckoning him. He arrives but unfortunately he isn't alone. He's joined on the scene by Midnighter wh...