razzatazz's Grifter #4 - Blind Side review

Avatar image for razzatazz

Stay on my bow

Continuing with Grifter's search for answers, he ends up in Seattle and looking for Oliver Queen.  When he gets to meet him it is in the hero's alter ego of Green Arrow.  This sets up one of the first hero versus hero stories of the new 52 but unlike some of the others (for instance the one that set up the Justice League) this one offers little to move along the plot.  In a sense then this is all about the action and in so doing this issue depends on the pacing and the visuals more so than anything.  It essentially succeeds, but it is not in any way doing so in a manner which is showing the reader something they haven't seen before.  Still the dialogue and some of the individual panels are pretty well handled (especially the one with Ollie on the moving truck).  In the end a cutaway to Gretchen moves the plot a little, but mostly this was some action based fun in the middle of the story arc.

Other reviews for Grifter #4 - Blind Side

Bullets vs. Arrows 0

(No Spoilers)There’s been a lot of changes announced for the titles of the New DCU 52 but for this book we get a change in artist after just three issues with the launching creative team. Although I will miss CAFU’s art, it’s awesome that his replacement is Wildstorm veteran artist Scott Clark. I haven’t seen his art in ages and his style brings back good memories for me from the old Image Comics days.This was definitely the most action-packed issue of the series so far. From the moment Grifter ...

Yeah, I Think I Would Take Bullets Over Arrows Still 0

Grifter continues strong without missing a step despite a rather random guest appearance by one of DC's top heroes. It's an issue that picks up the pace and shows that it can do action as well as the best of them when it wants to as Green Arrow complicates Grifter's plans against the Daemonites.While I have to give credit to DC for not going the typical route of having Batman guest appear, I really do wonder why Green Arrow was chosen for this. Did DC originally think the new Oliver Queen would ...