inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Atrocitus makes Earth his home and seemingly tries to protect Earth's people as Star Sapphire, Sinestro, and Hal Jordan figure out the purpose of the White Lantern on Earth and what they have to do in order to maintain peace across the universe.

The Good

Finally, an issue about working together as a team instead of everyone fighting each other. True, Blackest Night did bring many lanterns together to reach the same goal, but this issue has them working together because they want to. I also no longer feel as though each lantern corps is a gimmick. They all seem to be here to stay. I love seeing the Red Lantern Corps evolve and come into their powers, since they are the youngest of the corps. Also, Dex-Star is not only adorable, but an entirely awesome character. For those who haven't been reading, Dex-Star is a member of the Red Lantern Corps, and he/she is an adorable kitty cat, who will vomit blood on you that eats your body away. We finally get a small understanding of why the white lantern has positioned itself in the middle of a road. This is the issue that makes me love the Brightest Day story arc because again, it doesn't feel like a gimmick. There's a purpose behind everything.

The Bad

The character reveal at the end of the issue. I hate the character that shows up at the end more than any character at DC, Marvel, or any indy company. Also, I completely forgot about Ion. I've missed him, and he feels forced into this story, but I can't be too sure until I know how everything plays out.

The Verdict: 4.5/5

If you've been a Red Lantern Corps fan, this issue is for you! I can't say this is a good place to start for anyone wanting to get into Green Lantern. In fact, this is a terrible place to start. I suggest starting back at Green Lantern: Rebirth. However, if you've been following the book, you'll really enjoy this one.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

This doesn't sound like a Green Lantern book... sounds more like a Guardians book...
    Might pick this up... not a huge fan but Blackest Night did leave interest on all these characters... so I might get this!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm not sure how I feel about all the Lantern Corps working well together. I get what brought them together. Just feels boring if it stays that way.

That cat sounds like it has the worst hair balls EVER.

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Benzo

Atrocitus FTW! :D

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By goldenkey

I haven't seen the Red Lanterns use any constructs.  I don't like that.  Do the indigo Lanterns use contructs.  It's kind of stupid that star saphire, green lanters, blue lanterns and sinestro corp members do but not the other two.  make em all use constructs. 
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @goldenkey said:
    " I haven't seen the Red Lanterns use any constructs.  I don't like that.  Do the indigo Lanterns use contructs.  It's kind of stupid that star saphire, green lanters, blue lanterns and sinestro corp members do but not the other two.  make em all use constructs.  "
    read the issue
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Theodore
    Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
    The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The Cyan Lantern

To me, Lobo is just as useful as the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle (not useful at all). Lobo can be sometimes cool, however for him to able to never die is stupid. Maybe Johns can change him to a useful, but I believe he should no longer be relevant to the DCU for a while. 

Agent23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Agent23

I find Lobo awesome! He's a punk! Takes no crap from anyone and is more funny then deadpool. 5/5 for me!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.