Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2517 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Where are the Templar Guardians?

mp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't read Lost Army, Edge of Oblivion and Green Lanterns yet, so I don't know what happened to every member of the GLC since Convergence but I am wondering where the templar guardians are. Are they dead? Rebirth keeps saying that a large amount of the Corps was killed in its absence from the galaxy. Does this include these Guardians? What happened?

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mp13: I came across your question while google-searching it myself. From what I can find, they haven't been involved past GL:New Guardians 40 & (pre-rebirth) GL 39, where they told Kyle they were leaving to go do good across the universe, and talked to Hal prior to his leaving the GLC (respectively). Comic Vine's appearance-listing for them has them appearing in more GL issues, but looking over a few I didn't see them (maybe they were mentioned in passing by Hal, but they were not physically in the story).

I imagine they they were essentially forgotten/written off, just so the writers could move on to introducing the guardian with the phantom ring (his name escapes me) & re-introducing Ganthet & Syad. When they recently mentioned they were the only guardians left I thought, "wait...what?? What about the ones who had guarded Volthoom??"

mp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@lightsout I know, right? I thought they would return when the phantom guardian came around in rebirth but apparently no one, or at least none of the writers, seem to care or remember. I get it if they're trying to limit the amount of guardians around or something to allow John a more of a leader role and more authority in the GLC but I miss Paalko, Yekop and Zalla. Here's hoping they'll come back someday and join Ganthet and Sayd.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.